Fenerbahce 4-2-3-1 (i need your advices)

A BWM isn’t the best idea for a holding midfielder as he’ll leave his position to chase the ball with no DM behind to cover. I’d switch him to a CM(d). You could also use a DLP(d) if you have someone with good positioning etc & ball-playing skills. In that case I’d also recommend changing your AP to an AM to avoid having two playmakers close to each other. I’d avoid having both the AM & PF on attack duty, one or the other.

As your formation is top heavy, I’d recommend giving PIs to your front four so that they close down as much as possible so that you win the ball back further upfield. For that reason I’d also recommend a higher LOE.

Having two attacking sidemen who cut inside will also allow the position to pack the middle when defending against you. Consider keeping a winger to stretch the opposition.

I'll put the FB on the right, the WB on the left, change the AP to support or use a standard AM, standard LOE and I'll remove "work ball into the box"

I'm taking off work ball into box because you are playing narrow and If you come against a defensive side you'll end up passing the ball around in a congested space and that's not effective. If you really want to use it then consider going standard width or maybe wider and be prepared to push the FBs forward 

See, you've an IF(A) & a PF(A), the IF(A) will want to get into the positions the PF(A) is supposed to be in , like a double up of duties, two number 9s 

BBM I always see as risky in a 4-2-3-1 

Then you have a WB on his side of the pitch too

I'd try toning those roles down to start with

52 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

See, you've an IF(A) & a PF(A), the IF(A) will want to get into the positions the PF(A) is supposed to be in , like a double up of duties, two number 9s 

is this a bad thing? I used an IF(a) and a PF(a) because I thought the striker would pull the opposing centre-backs and IF(a) strikes.

and thank you for your help :thup:

2 hours ago, smeagoltonez said:

A BWM isn’t the best idea for a holding midfielder as he’ll leave his position to chase the ball with no DM behind to cover. I’d switch him to a CM(d). You could also use a DLP(d) if you have someone with good positioning etc & ball-playing skills. In that case I’d also recommend changing your AP to an AM to avoid having two playmakers close to each other. I’d avoid having both the AM & PF on attack duty, one or the other.

As your formation is top heavy, I’d recommend giving PIs to your front four so that they close down as much as possible so that you win the ball back further upfield. For that reason I’d also recommend a higher LOE.

Having two attacking sidemen who cut inside will also allow the position to pack the middle when defending against you. Consider keeping a winger to stretch the opposition.

2 hours ago, DarJ said:

I'll put the FB on the right, the WB on the left, change the AP to support or use a standard AM, standard LOE and I'll remove "work ball into the box"

I'm taking off work ball into box because you are playing narrow and If you come against a defensive side you'll end up passing the ball around in a congested space and that's not effective. If you really want to use it then consider going standard width or maybe wider and be prepared to push the FBs forward 

Thanks guys. I am trying.

Before making your final call on your roles, you should check how space is created and who will move into that space to link up your players. Generally spoken, attack duty player create will create space behind them and defend duty players create space ahead of them. Looking at your formation, you will notice that all players (1 + 3) will create space (yellow questionmark 2+4), but noone is looking to link up and support that area. On the other flank, both (number 5) players are trying to support the same area of the pitch and there is almost noone who is creating space (number 6) as the WB(s) might not be enough to actually stretch the play.

So what would i do? Switch the IWs to the left flank to use the space thats created due to your defend duty and switch the IFa to the right flank to stretch the play and open up space for the BBM. The WB will support the space thats left behind the IFa. Additionally i would make the FB an attack duty to stretch the play on the left flank and overlap the IWs naturally. 

A defend/cover partnership as CD might not be the best choice. I'd simply go for 2 defend duties or one cover and one stopper duty.

Your tactic should look like this after the changes

Spoiler

image.png.b1a2cbdf4b1d3f57c667d6c26d6e3f55.png

Start out without any team instructions and finalize your roles. then you can start slightly adjusting your TI's to your liking.

image.png.e20b0428c48e897c4ebc7a9d1a354ef9.png