Unrealistic player reactions to team meetings and media predictions

I've won the EPL title 6 times in a row and any mention of challenging for the title in pre season team meetings is met with morale drops and players who have won multiple EPL titles saying its too high an ambition. I also am never favorites to win the title by pre season odds, usually down around 6th-10th. My team is the most reputable team in the world too. Is this a bug or a result of my team not being a big club at the start of the game? I feel like 6-7 years of dominance is more than enough for whatever mechanics are involved to have my club fit that stature and have media and players react like we are. It definitely takes away from the immersion. Even after winning 3 CL's (and being top 3 CL coefficient ranked) my team is always predicted outsiders to challenge for the CL (Playing as Leeds United).

Edited by Dundalis

Hmm I've too just won the EPL 6 years in a row and my team get 'unhappy' if I see we WILL win next year, but not if I say we will CHALLENGE for the title. Try that next time.

Although I am comfortable favourites to win this year, so the media prediction of 6th-10th seems a bit off.

I'm curious as to what behind the scenes calculations go into media predictions and odds making in game. My team is the number one ranked team in the world by reputation (literally max reputation of 10,000 according to the editor), and I am the number 1 CL ranked team by co-efficient. I've won 5 consecutive EPL's, 2 CL's, and yet my media prediction for winning the league is 10th, odds prediction is 4th, and my odds prediction for the CL is like 6th/7th, outsiders from the main contenders. These predictions and odds have pretty much been around the same or worse for 2-3 years in a row.

There has to be some wacky coding for how the game calculates it that isn't based on anything that would actually be main considerations in real life. The only other thing I can think of is player reputation, I seem to find it difficult to get my players to above 4 star world rep (over 9000 via the editor), despite winning everything and my players winning awards. I have one player over 4 star world rep, Pedri and it's only because I bought him with that high rep rating already.

Edited by Dundalis

26 minutes ago, decapitated said:

I think its best on the quality of the players in the squad. If you have a squad that's the 10th best in the league, then it predicts you will come 10th even if you've walked the title 5 years in a row.

Is it squad quality or squad reputation? Because as mentioned there something weird in game that is clearly depressing the world rep of my best players IMO.

As far as squad quality, one thing I do is put a bunch of my best youth players in my first team for mentoring and training etc. Would that drag it down? Because as far as quality of my actually playing squad, my full second 11 can likely beat the second best team in the league prob 6 out of 10 times. In the analyst report I am still the highest in the league for a bunch of attributes and above avg for everything, but even that maybe dragged down by the youth players I've put in my senior team. My average age is 20.88 which is easily lowest in the league.

Edited by Dundalis

This module does require some tuning IMO.  In my current save, I have won the league 3 times in a row ( as expected ) and yet when I tell the squad that I expect to win it again at the pre season team meeting, I get about 2 or 3 players who think that I am expecting too much of the squad?