Brexit Work Permit Rules

Paddy9596

Obviously with the uncertainty in the last few years around Brexit and how that would affect work permit rules, I was wandering how fm22 will be tackling this.

On fm21, it's clear SI had a solid idea of what work permit rules would look like due to the fact that, as far as I'm aware, they seemed to be the same in every save. These rules made it impossible to sign players from certain EU countries if you were in the EFL or Scotland, where you need to be on the lookout for bargains constantly, and these players would never meet to requirements for a work permit.

However, we are now in a new season (2021-22), and clubs in real life dont seem to be having these issues, clubs in the championship seem to have no issue signing players from Europe, players who arent regulars for their clubs - or if they are, they're clubs or league are low reputation - nor are they established internationals for high rep nations.

Hopefully this means a slackening of work permit rules in the upcoming game, registration rules I agree with and wholeheartedly understand, but if clubs arent being made to suffer through constant work permit denials in real life, then neither should we in the game.

It should be implemented to the letter of the law as per the UK governments ruling regardless of personal opinion on the subject, issue is that there's a lot of webpages that confuse the rules laid out by the government because neither their editors or authors actually understand the rules themselves.

On 19/08/2021 at 18:06, Paddy9596 said:

Obviously with the uncertainty in the last few years around Brexit and how that would affect work permit rules, I was wandering how fm22 will be tackling this.

On fm21, it's clear SI had a solid idea of what work permit rules would look like due to the fact that, as far as I'm aware, they seemed to be the same in every save. These rules made it impossible to sign players from certain EU countries if you were in the EFL or Scotland, where you need to be on the lookout for bargains constantly, and these players would never meet to requirements for a work permit.

However, we are now in a new season (2021-22), and clubs in real life dont seem to be having these issues, clubs in the championship seem to have no issue signing players from Europe, players who arent regulars for their clubs - or if they are, they're clubs or league are low reputation - nor are they established internationals for high rep nations.

Hopefully this means a slackening of work permit rules in the upcoming game, registration rules I agree with and wholeheartedly understand, but if clubs arent being made to suffer through constant work permit denials in real life, then neither should we in the game.

On 19/08/2021 at 18:51, MasterKano said:

It should be implemented to the letter of the law as per the UK governments ruling regardless of personal opinion on the subject, issue is that there's a lot of webpages that confuse the rules laid out by the government because neither their editors or authors actually understand the rules themselves.

Yes the rules should be in the game, and are and should stay - but it's no the editors/authors that have made a meal of it, as working for one of the most prominent solicitors in the new Brexit world, even he cannot make heads or tails of why one application would fail and another won't.  

Sadly, it is the new way of things... good article on the struggles within the Scottish Premiership - https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/19/sports/soccer/scotland-football-brexit.html

• 1 month later...