[Suggestion] Live Start feature?

Paganij89

So the two games that I play the most on PC is Football Manager and Out of the Park Baseball Series. I constantly compare the two games because they are both the absolute best games in their respective sports. Both games are extremely detailed and both games are very customizable. A cool feature that OOTP does is before you start a new game there is a "Live Start" feature where I believe the servers collect all of the real time data of results of the most recent games played, all the stats updated for all individual players, teams and leagues (MLB Only) and the most recent trades and roster moves that have happened, etc. I always wondered if SI ever thought about doing something similar like this so that we can start a season but instead of the default rosters, we can start at any point of the current season and play the game with the most recent results and rosters. Say your team is doing really bad a month into the season, it would be cool to start exactly at the point where your team is at real life and take over the reigns and see if you can start getting better results.

The Football Manager fans can already download data updates, kits, etc. to keep their game more current but it always has to start a brand new season. A live start feature would be cool to jump in and manage at the current real time of where your team is currently at without having to restart a new season. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

Thanks for raising this. As this is something that has already been raised by the community we have documented it and it is part of our internal database of features to consider. At this point it may be rejected or with further development could become part of a future version of FM