Scouting manually

Hello, 

I have read a lot of guides on scouting but I have never seen anyone using your backroom staff to scout (excluding scouts obviously). 

Is there any reason not to do it? 

For instance you can use your assistant manager / head of youth development and even your coaches to manually scout and I have not noticed any impact on their normal jobs. 

Is this a loophole or a perfectly viable strategy? I mean you can scout entire nations very fast like that. 

30 minutes ago, xavinwonderland said:

Hello, 

I have read a lot of guides on scouting but I have never seen anyone using your backroom staff to scout (excluding scouts obviously). 

Is there any reason not to do it? 

For instance you can use your assistant manager / head of youth development and even your coaches to manually scout and I have not noticed any impact on their normal jobs. 

Is this a loophole or a perfectly viable strategy? I mean you can scout entire nations very fast like that. 

I believe that when you do use your coaches to scout, the training effectiveness is/may be reduced (in theory). So yes, you can send almost all your coaches wherever you can but why would you do that? You have scouts for that. And when player joins your club (on trial or permanently) you can see how each coach rates him (in terms of stars and pros/cons). 

1 hour ago, Bigpole said:

I believe that when you do use your coaches to scout, the training effectiveness is/may be reduced (in theory). So yes, you can send almost all your coaches wherever you can but why would you do that? You have scouts for that. And when player joins your club (on trial or permanently) you can see how each coach rates him (in terms of stars and pros/cons). 

The thing is that I have not noticed any drop in effectiveness in the training. 

So it means you can pretty much double the number of scouts that you have. You can send all your scouts on assignments like you would normally then mass trial all the under 18 teams / youth intake then manually scout the rest with your coaches / head of youth development / director of football and so on. 

It is a massive boost in scouting speed. 

30 minutes ago, xavinwonderland said:

The thing is that I have not noticed any drop in effectiveness in the training. 

So it means you can pretty much double the number of scouts that you have. You can send all your scouts on assignments like you would normally then mass trial all the under 18 teams / youth intake then manually scout the rest with your coaches / head of youth development / director of football and so on. 

It is a massive boost in scouting speed. 

If you see no difference in terms of coaching then go on. It's probably an innocent 'exploit' (which can happen in real life, club coaches can be sent to scout players as well). I can't tell the difference in terms of reports and scouting time so you can as well go and try it.

OK but that combined with the fact that you can actually cancel an assignment after 1 day and get an overview of the player already it means that you can scout an entire nation in a few weeks. 

Like I could scout all Argentina first division (all senior / all reserve and all junior teams) in a month or so. 

I admit it is a bit hardcore but very efficient

On 21/08/2021 at 20:51, xavinwonderland said:

OK but that combined with the fact that you can actually cancel an assignment after 1 day and get an overview of the player already it means that you can scout an entire nation in a few weeks. 

Like I could scout all Argentina first division (all senior / all reserve and all junior teams) in a month or so. 

I admit it is a bit hardcore but very efficient

so play with hidden attributes only.