DC run into midfield/sideline ;attack&defend formation ; editable role for DC&Striker

鹅爵爷

3 features I would love to see in FM22

1) central defender dribble/run into midfield/sideline

Current roles of DC are rigid.  Since more and more defenders are allowed to join attack in midfield or sideline paired with FB, especially in the 3 DC formation, e.g. Sheffield United. 

2) attack & defend formation

Now almost every team has 2 formations, one for attack, and the other for defend. e.g. in Champions League, Jesus attacked as a stricker and defended as a Left Midfield. 

This was possible when players were drawed by an arrowed line. Now it's impossible.

3) more editable role for DC & Striker & Single Striker

Now we have 3 roles - Winger and Midfield and Fullback, for us players to edit his indivisual movement and preference.

However we don't have such versatile roles for DC and Striker, especially single striker. In real football, a single striker, while attacking, often run to left or right sideline to receive the ball, e.g. Lukaku or Giroud, I really like to see that in FM. This will work for Harry Kane, as he has 16 crossing.

If you play a high line aren't the central defenders able to better contribute towards attack?

You've got 5 slots (?) to put custom made tactics into should you need to quick change between games.

Individual orders are there so bridge the gap between what is set and what you want/need, pick a role and then mess around with what you need.

2 hours ago, MasterKano said:

If you play a high line aren't the central defenders able to better contribute towards attack?

You've got 5 slots (?) to put custom made tactics into should you need to quick change between games.

Individual orders are there so bridge the gap between what is set and what you want/need, pick a role and then mess around with what you need.

No they don't contribute enough. It's clearly you haven't played a 3 at the back system else you would have known that it's impossible to replicate a modern 3-4-3 because the back 3 are too static.

I don't play 3 defenders, neither do I need to but frankly on the other hand neither should they need to due to the fact that you've got a flat 4 in midfield with an AM behind the 2 forwards.

Regardless of my opinions you can modify their personal instructions by using another role and modifying it yourself with further personal instructions. What exactly do you want from them?

• 4 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

Thanks for the suggestion , we appreciate you taking the time to input your ideas and opinions here. Something to possibly bear in mind for feature requests is to add detail on how you'd like these changes to be made. Is it through the match engine, via tactics or player instructions. Also potentially take into account the fact that these three features are based on what you have not seen in your matches but others may see these things in games with the right instructions/tactics. As always with feature requests they could end up rejected or with further development end up in a future release of the game