FM22

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, rusty217 said:

Been wondering this too. Anybody know when the FM21 announcement was? Will probably be around a similar time.

I don't remember but I saw this video was posted on September 24, 2020 so I guess around there. :) Excited! 

Edited by Trucce

1 hour ago, Trucce said:

I don't remember but I saw this video was posted on September 24, 2020 so I guess around there. :) Excited! 

The 24th is still so far away :(

And release is even further! Really hope it's an early November release again this year. I remember it used to be 1st or 2nd week, I guess covid pushed it back last year, hopefully that was just a temporary thing though.

16 hours ago, rusty217 said:

The 24th is still so far away :(

And release is even further! Really hope it's an early November release again this year. I remember it used to be 1st or 2nd week, I guess covid pushed it back last year, hopefully that was just a temporary thing though.

it really depends how SI adapted the work from home or the hybrid system (home and office by shifts) stuff.

36 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

Having a final flurry on FM21 will make the wait seem less

That's what I'm currently doing and for the first time since December - I'm actually enjoying the game. 

Probably more me than the game, but I haven't really enjoyed FM21. I think I played too much FM20 during lockdown and should have taken a bit of break. A few months in to FM21 and It just felt like I was going through the motions a bit.  

14 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Pretty sure we were able to pre-order the game in August in previous years, but there's been absolutely nothing about it so far this year. 

i remember the days when the game was out around last week of October and beta around 10 October... Those were the days

57 minutes ago, jarradccfc said:

Nothing at all from SI yet and we’re in September.

In the forum header, the announcement thread for FM21 is listed. That was 24 September (as mentioned higher up too), so there's nothing strange going on. We're not to far off something being announced, going by history, so as has been said - it's a case of wait and see.

8 ore fa, Rich2086 ha scritto:

I'm honestly still enjoying FM21 a lot and still having fun with my main save, unless there's some incredible new features i think i might skip this version for the firs time since i started way back with CM3.

Me too, the ME is truly fun to play and watch, last night my striker scored a back-heel goal which I have NEVER seen happening before, than he scored from a rocket-at-fly shot from the edge of the box, and then he scored again an volleyball-header with the goalkeeper desperately trying to save it - unsuccessfully (now this guy is my hero). Never seen such a variety of goals scored and so many brilliant plays.

I'll keep buying FM forever I think but I'm also sure I'll enjoy FM21 for some time yet.

On 23/08/2021 at 16:35, jarradccfc said:

When does everyone think we’re getting an announcement for FM22. Its that time of year again!

i think it's outrageous they release a game every year. back in the day we would get update patches. a disc sent out with all updated squads/competitions etc. 

i know how the world works but i only buy a new FM every 5 years. mods and db edits keep it modern. i only miss out on the 2 or 3 new features added per year. 

it's a top game made by the same top people as always, but SI don't need my £40+ every year.

19 hours ago, MowVu said:

i think it's outrageous they release a game every year. back in the day we would get update patches. a disc sent out with all updated squads/competitions etc. 

i know how the world works but i only buy a new FM every 5 years. mods and db edits keep it modern. i only miss out on the 2 or 3 new features added per year. 

it's a top game made by the same top people as always, but SI don't need my £40+ every year.

I would love to not buy the game every edition, but the CA/PA changes of players who performed well, and the new wonderkids always drags me back in. I know some user made updates have those included, but I prefer to not have that persons own personal judgement, and if it may possibly break the game etc.

I suppose 22 will be worth it for the fact that the conference league is included, which I don't think can be made in the editor DB.

5 hours ago, DaveMUFC said:

I suppose 22 will be worth it for the fact that the conference league is included, which I don't think can be made in the editor DB.

What do you mean by conference league? The first thing that comes to mind is the English national conference. But I thought that was already included? At least it's in my save. Definitely possible via the editor even if it's not included by default.

18 hours ago, DrIgz said:

UEFA Conference League, I think he means. But it is included in FM21 as well, I believe. 

Ah, if that's what he means then it makes even less sense. It's in FM20 as well. Somebody playing FM19 saying they don't want to buy a new version every year when FM22 is about to come out... looks like they're already doing exactly what they want :D

11 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

Ah, if that's what he means then it makes even less sense. It's in FM20 as well. Somebody playing FM19 saying they don't want to buy a new version every year when FM22 is about to come out... looks like they're already doing exactly what they want :D

Yep, I meant the Europa Conference. 

I know it's in previous editions, but having recently downloaded a transfer update for FM21, looks like it can't be made for the first season, as the 21-22 season looks like, so no Spurs etc. In the conference league from the off, which takes away some realism. 

Based on marketing campaign best practices, the announcement should come up in the following weeks. The pre-release should happen in November, planning for a sales spike in December.

Other than a massive problem in the development/product teams causing some unexpected delays, the marketing team should be following the timeline above.

Edited by phd_angel

On 05/09/2021 at 14:07, MowVu said:

I genuinely don't think I've ever paid £40 for FM before. You can easily get it at release for around £33.

And then past Christmas you can get it for less than £25. For a game that i easily put 300+ hours into every year, it's easily worth the money.

1 hour ago, STaphouse said:

I genuinely don't think I've ever paid £40 for FM before. You can easily get it at release for around £33.

And then past Christmas you can get it for less than £25. For a game that i easily put 300+ hours into every year, it's easily worth the money.

This, never understood the complaint, it can be found for £30 on preorder, hundreds of hours spent on it. If it keeps you out of the pub one night through the year, you're quid's in 

8 minutes ago, grade said:

The problem is when you know, you won't go to the pub and buy before hand some booze on supermarket counting you will stay at home, playing FM and drinking that booze. vicious cycle, really. :P

I'd highly recommended against drink & FMing :lol:

From what i have read and seen is that the series comes in waves of 3 . I was told that these games are made in 3 year increments so when starting with FM10 - FM12 being the same game but enhanced through the 3 games with the latter being the end product of the 3 . Then FM13 - FM15  ,  FM16 - FM18 and now FM19 - FM21 . So FM21 i think is the end product and the last of this series . So i can see a big change in the look of the game as in colours and setting out of of the interface . 3D match Engine will be bugged as it always is on a new release but the Match Day i think we will see a big improvement . I believe this is going to be a big step forward this time in all areas and i will be disappointed if it isn't .

This is my opinion of course  

On 05/09/2021 at 14:07, MowVu said:

i love when people complain about a game being released every year and the price of £40 + 

how many hours do you spend playing it???

happily pay anything from €35 - €50 every year for the game as i always get 800+ hours of game time on it. only game i buy every year and for the same reason, its always brilliant