The future of FM Touch (Classic) on PC/Mac

5 分钟前, HUNT3R说:

There is no FMT for iOS anymore, unfortunately. The blog states that it is falling away.  There won't be a FMT22 or 'streamlined' version of FM for iOS. As the blog states, you can stream the Xbox Edition to your tablet, so there is an option to play on tablet.

Thank you for your reply. Can you add gfx files to the XGP version of FM and play games under the condition of networking?Will there be an fm2023 touch?

2 minutes ago, MEKIO said:

Thank you for your reply. Can you add gfx files to the XGP version of FM and play games under the condition of networking?

I am not sure. Hopefully someone else can advise.

2 minutes ago, MEKIO said:

Will there be an fm2023 touch?

All that can be said has been said in the blog. That's where things stand right now, unfortunately. 

1 分钟前, HUNT3R说:

I am not sure. Hopefully someone else can advise.

All that can be said has been said in the blog. That's where things stand right now, unfortunately. 

Thank you very much for your reply. I hope fm22 touch will return. There are a considerable number of loyal players in this series in the world.

10 minutes ago, MEKIO said:

Thank you very much for your reply. I hope fm22 touch will return. There are a considerable number of loyal players in this series in the world.

if the blog post wasn't called "Major changes for FM22 Touch and Beyond" and highlighted the important and key word of the blog, it won't return. FMT has been killed on Mac, Ipad/Tablet platforms and PC only via game pass.

59 分钟前, grade说:

if the blog post wasn't called "Major changes for FM22 Touch and Beyond" and highlighted the important and key word of the blog, it won't return. FMT has been killed on Mac, Ipad/Tablet platforms and PC only via game pass.

This is a frustrating thing, ending the game deepening process of portable devices

This decision kind of explains now why SI were able to announce an earlier release to FM than the previous version. 

I'm sure I'll get over the bitterness left in my mouth right now. But for the time being not being an XBox user with a subscription to their cloud services I'm well and truly ****ed.

• 2 weeks later...

It's weird how they were like "FMT isn't going anywhere" then announce FMT will no longer be on PC, Android etc, but they have time to make a FMT for Switch (last year's edition was awful, limited updates vs the other FMT editions, no cross saves but limited to 3 nations, no unlockables, poor match engine) FM mobile would have been a far better release on the Switch. I won't be buying FM22 as I just don't have time anymore for the full in depth game....for years I've been buying FMT on steam n then Android.

4 hours ago, FelixLeon said:

It's weird how they were like "FMT isn't going anywhere" then announce FMT will no longer be on PC, Android etc, but they have time to make a FMT for Switch (last year's edition was awful, limited updates vs the other FMT editions, no cross saves but limited to 3 nations, no unlockables, poor match engine) FM mobile would have been a far better release on the Switch. I won't be buying FM22 as I just don't have time anymore for the full in depth game....for years I've been buying FMT on steam n then Android.

Agree with you about the choice for Nintendo switch. 

It would make more sense if they go with the mobile version instead of the touch version. Curious to know the selling numbers from Last year, but if are keeping with it, then the numbers must have been good. 

Edited by Keyzer Soze

On 18/10/2021 at 08:18, FelixLeon said:

To be fair, it was staff members who wouldn't have been involved in the higher management discussions over the continuation of Touch on PC/Android/iPad that made those comments, so they were made in good faith to the best of their knowledge.

1 hour ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

To be fair, it was staff members who wouldn't have been involved in the higher management discussions over the continuation of Touch on PC/Android/iPad that made those comments, so they were made in good faith to the best of their knowledge.

I very much doubt that happen.

On 07/10/2021 at 07:38, HUNT3R said:

There is no FMT for iOS anymore, unfortunately. The blog states that it is falling away.  There won't be a FMT22 or 'streamlined' version of FM for iOS. As the blog states, you can stream the Xbox Edition to your tablet, so there is an option to play on tablet.

I just set up Steam Link to stream from my MacBook to my iPad, and it is definitely not as convenient as just playing FMT natively on it. Plus, the moment I step away from WiFi, the game can’t be played. 

I think I’d much rather see FMT live on desktop PC/Mac as well as tablets. As a PlayStation/Switch gamer, I’ve never dived into the Xbox universe. And I won’t pay $15/month to stream it when Steam offers a similar experience for free as long as my home computer is on. And I’ve got it on the Switch as a novelty every Christmas, but usually just go back to playing on my iPad. 

But if Microsoft is paying the big bucks and the App Store doesn’t make financial sense, I get it. It’s just the most disappointing thing the series has done since I’ve jumped aboard. And it probably means most of my playtime will be back in Football Manager Mobile. 

Honestly, I had been hoping FMT and FMM would eventually become one app that allows us to choose between layouts and functionality, especially since modern mobile devices can do more than the Switch.