A few questions

Hello everyone. I have few issues I've faced while managing a Malaysian club for 10 seasons. While the players quality and even the staffs are improving, the gameplay aren't all that improved.

Firstly, wingers. I want wingers to provide crosses, square it to the striker. But most often than not, the wingers will shoot and most of the time misses. I often used wingers on attack duty as I want then to take on their man but when I changed to support, it doesn't make much different. They'll still shoot. So I ditch winger and used inverted wingers instead. Unfortunately, it doesn't solve the more shooting than crossing issue as IW will usually cut inside and take a long shot which have more miss than then wingers do.

Secondly, throw in. I know long throws have been nerf(?) as said in one of Zealand's video but I have never really focus on creating chances from throw ins. But, in these 10 seasons I've seen my players not being able to make good throw. Most of the time, they will throw while the other players are being blocked which led to counter attack. But when we defending a throw in, my players didn't block them, more like "meh just let them have it". I don't know if this is tactical issues or ME issues and if there's anyway tactically to improve throw ins, please do tell me.

After managing in Malaysia I went to Ligue 2 managing Havre. Although the players are versatile, none of them are really good in their roles. Seeing that we don't have the best attackers, I thought of having a mid block but in 15 matches, I got 4 red cards and only one game my team doesn't receive any card. Most of the goals we conceded are due to defenders mistakes (fouls/leaving players unmarked). So I would like to know if this is the same with everyone who doesn't play high pressing game? Or maybe it's just my players.

I hope to hear from you guys. Thank you.

14 minutes ago, kentonizking said:

One of the issues with wingers and them deciding to shoot instead of cross is the teamwork attribute. Have a look at that. 

Teamwork and decisions.

Not definitively. That is the "said" solution but if I wanted for someone to cross early they always don't when it matters most. That answer doesn't explain why crossing instructions are not adhered to and so it is a big problem this year that SI should fix or explain properly.

16 hours ago, kentonizking said:

One of the issues with wingers and them deciding to shoot instead of cross is the teamwork attribute. Have a look at that. 

Teamwork and decisions.

Thanks for your answer. Regarding those said attributes, what's the least number tho? I currently have a player playing left wing with 7 decisions and 7 teamwork. At first I thought it was attack duty but even while on support he still doesn't cross. He always try to one on one with the keeper. Which I conclude it is because of the attributes and when checking report, he does have fairly selfish player.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that FM has a few coding problems:

- Wingers have not been crossing as much as they should. I posted a thread on this topic a couple of years ago. You need to try really hard to be able to make them cross. "Good luck with that".

- Stupid throw-ins, as well as excessive offsides, are a known bug issue that SI dev team has been trying to fix. (Zealand's video you are referring to was before the  throw-in bug took over the game). I also posted about this in the bugs forum and moderators took notice.

Edited by phd_angel