Currently on brink of dropping out of play offs - does this tactic need fixing, and how much?

Just a few thoughts on this 

• Who is attacking the half spaces?
  • Who is occupying the central areas behind your (attack duty) striker?
  • Your wing-backs are relative conservative for playing with a HB
  • Your right flank is relative conservative with 2x support and 1x defend duty
  • You have very little creativity as with a defend duty DLP and an attack Duty CF who is primarily a scorer.
  • You asked your players to transition quickly into attacking phase (Counter TI) but using safe passes to close teammates (shorter passing TI)

What @CARRERA said, summed it up nicely. 

Things I would change in order. 

1. DPLD to APS/RPM. With a Half Back or any holding DM you don't need a DLP, ever. 

2. Right wing to IFS/IWS, with the playmaker on the rhs you need some channel interaction from that winger. 

3. RB to WBA/FBA. Now there's a gap with the RW IFS/IWS attack it with a more aggressive right back role. 

4. CMS to B2B (With forward runs or stay wider highlighted) or MEZS, this is your left channel interaction. Will give your APS/RPM more room to operate as well. 

5. CFA is a very demanding role. Few players can pull that off. Better here with a DLPA/PFA or you could play any support striker role and make your left centre mid a CMA. When you play a 4-3-3 your striker almost always needs to be a creative support role rather than an attack role. 

6. I hate counter & counter press together & counter with short passing as mentioned is pretty futile. Play out of defence & short passing are also not a good match. 

Edited by YAMS

Loads wrong here. I've used the 4-3-3 pretty much for the last 10 years and I'll give some observations. 

Unless your 8's (the two CMs) are technically limited, you don't need a DLP in this formation. A DLP as a DM works well if you have two engines in front, but if you have players capable of playing as an AP/RPM/Mez you should utilise these roles as they'll help your attack more than a static DLP will.

WBS and Wingers are hard coded to stay wide and cross, yes you have low crosses ticked but let's be realistic, most of these low crosses will either be blocked or get nowhere near Lowe. If the cross is floated over then you've lost possession because Lowe cannot win aerial battles. Like others have said, you need players closer to him, getting into the half spaces and in the box. Also I've just checked Lowe's attributes, get him off the CF role immediately cause he's not good enough. He's probably better on the flank but if you have no-one else up front, then an AF is better suited for him.

Shorter passing is just a waste, you have players out wide so you need to find them. Your players will pass around your third trying to work the ball up the pitch then ultimately lose it when there's no pass on as your support in the final third is so poor. Your tactic is too sterile with the ball and has bad support all over the pitch, @YAMShas great role advice, take that on board and you'll be flying