When Possession Has Been Won / Lost -- Leave "Blank"

To be honest, im starting to think less about a team instruction giving a uniform, predictable response, and more about what it does for the team im managing.

Ill just adjust instructions based on what I see. If we go forward quick enough in transition without anything selected, then great. But maybe i might want to slow it down or speed it up. Depends on my team.

Its not that i want to impose my "style" on the team, more about tweaking things depending on what they do naturally

4 minutes ago, Lesterfan_Cambiasso said:

To be honest, im starting to think less about a team instruction giving a uniform, predictable response, and more about what it does for the team im managing.

Ill just adjust instructions based on what I see. If we go forward quick enough in transition without anything selected, then great. But maybe i might want to slow it down or speed it up. Depends on my team.

Its not that i want to impose my "style" on the team, more about tweaking things depending on what they do naturally

Correct, you don't need to go mad with TI's, especially In Possession. The less the better actually. Important ones for me are Tempo & Creative Freedom.  

29 minutes ago, darthrodent said:

QUESTION: What happens for each setting if you leave it be and make no selection?

Simple spoken, you have to understand every aspect of the game as a scale (just imagine 1-20). The starting point is set by the team mentality you picked, which you can then adjust to your liking by increasing or lowering it. 

1 saat önce, darthrodent said:

QUESTION: What happens for each setting if you leave it be and make no selection?

Players choose what they will do. But you can take advantage of team and player mentalities for deciding what they can choose mostly. I mean that players can take more risks with increasing team mentality and player role/duty. Both counter-press and counter are risky aspects of play.

Edited by zabyl

I'm not sure I explained myself very well.

I was referring specifically to the Possession Has Been Lost / Won Instructions. It seems there are SIX settings overall:

1. Counter Press
2. Leave 'Blank'
3. Regroup

4. Counter
5. Leave 'Blank'
6. Hold Shape

My question is what happens when you choose Option 2 or Option 5 (leave 'blank')

52 dakika önce, darthrodent said:

1. Counter Press
2. Leave 'Blank'
3. Regroup

4. Counter
5. Leave 'Blank'
6. Hold Shape

My question is what happens when you choose Option 2 or Option 5 (leave 'blank')

If you choose option 2, players do both 1 and 3. If you choose option 5, players do both 4 and 6. If you don't leave these options as blank, players do your choosen option more. If you leave these options as blank, you can't know which option they will do more. But you can make an approximate guess about what they will do more with the risks you set by positions/roles/duties, team mentality, without ball TIs, etc.

43 dakika önce, CARRERA said:

If nothing is ticked, players behavior in transitions will be accordingly to the team mentality you choose. The more positive = the more aggressive. The more cautious = the faster they will regroup.

Not all the time but yes a basic logic can be used when guessing their behavior.