How do you increase key passes?

20 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Why do you want more of them anyway?

6 hours ago, Djecker said:

Why only key passes?

I was watching a Bustthenet video about how to win more games and looking for key passes was one of them, say if you have a key passes less than 2 for your playmaker then you may not win or dominate games like you should.

8 minutes ago, De Nile said:

say if you have a key passes less than 2 for your playmaker then you may not win or dominate games like you should

I disagree. If you watch the games you'll notice that the playmakers make the pass that leads to the key pass

9 minutes ago, De Nile said:

I was watching a Bustthenet video about how to win more games and looking for key passes was one of them, say if you have a key passes less than 2 for your playmaker then you may not win or dominate games like you should.

I've not seen the video but does he mean the in game key passes or something else? You could put a playmaker on set pieces & he'll get 10 key passes no problem 

Quite often playmakers make the pass to the player who makes the key pass/assist too so it's nothing really to worry about 

You cant; just increase key passes and voila your tactic is fixed. Key passes is just one metric I look for to see if my playmakers are doing well. There are also other things like pass completion, passes received (to see if the pm actually gets the ball).  I usually play a regista in one of my tactics, and he splits the field with his passing numbers with at least 3 key passes a game, but those come off the back of our system which sees him being protected 24/7, so he has more time to receive the ball and dictate play from deeper areas.

In my games my regista needs to make that pass to my IW  and my Winger who are now leading the league in assists, but i don't just depend on him. My IW is supported by a shadow striker that roams and supports him so that he has options. So one needs to look at the big picture too. perhaps you should post a pic of your tactic

5 hours ago, Rashidi said:

just increase key passes and voila your tactic is fixed.

No that's not what I meant just in general it seemed a bit low for my playmakers to be playing well and come out with a few key passes, my tactic prior to asking this question was doing really well so this isn't a big problem, I guess it is just me being precautious.

But thanks anyway.