Jorge Sampaoli

1 hour ago, Batigoal__ said:

@TrevomacIndeed, just as the right center also tends to play long balls (perhaps less frequent than the left center). The role of BPD allows you think, to accentuate this decision making ?

That was my thinking anyway. I must try this in FM22 as in FM21 it was a really nice tactic

il y a 36 minutes, Trevomac a dit :

That was my thinking anyway. I must try this in FM22 as in FM21 it was a really nice tactic

@TrevomacLooking forward to your feedback. The BPD role from what I've seen, sometimes attempts forays by carrying the ball higher. The role of BBM(S) assured by Guendouzi can also pass in CM(S) (take more risks) I think. A job perhaps more adapted to make his teammates play less on the aspect of unlocking an offensive situation. What do you think about it ?

Edited by Batigoal__

After catching up with a couple of games i still see a lot of the same things that Marseille were doing last season i love how high and wide sampaoli has his wingers and there is a very fluid box of four midfielders i want to aim to set my tactic as you would see Marseille when they have the ball and are attacking i will not compromise in this i will only maybe adjust player roles if need be but never the formation, this is the set up i am going with.

Screenshot (50).png

Screenshot (51).png

Edited by latrell

On 26/01/2022 at 21:35, latrell said:

After catching up with a couple of games i still see a lot of the same things that Marseille were doing last season i love how high and wide sampaoli has his wingers and there is a very fluid box of four midfielders i want to aim to set my tactic as you would see Marseille when they have the ball and are attacking i will not compromise in this i will only maybe adjust player roles if need be but never the formation, this is the set up i am going with.

Screenshot (50).png

Screenshot (51).png

What does this look like in the final third?

In the last game Sampaoli applied a new tactical scheme. Is it to make the most of the qualities of his squad with the new arrivals during the winter mercato or is it to make up for the lack of bench depth associated with a busy schedule?

The last championship game the composition displayed was a 442 in diamond.
Note the presence of Kolasinac and Lirola on the sides. Still Kamara in his role of low point in the defensive fold forming a defensive line of 5.
In front of a trio Payet in playmaker (eccentric on the left), Milik as a pivot and Bakambu as an advanced striker.

Proposal of the tactical scheme (OM vs. Angers).

442diamond.png.38c0c4b9d2b9da3ddc59d3993f3de301.png

Edited by Batigoal__

Le 26/01/2022 à 22:35, latrell a dit :

Screenshot (50).png

Screenshot (51).png

On this tactical scheme in defensive phase, Sampaoli would make an attack. Please preserve him he is taking a turn leading to a change :)

Edited by Batigoal__

• 1 month later...

I watched a replay of the OM vs Monaco game last night while insomnia was doing it's thing and it was a fascinating tactical battle between Sampaoli's creativity and Clement's garden variety counter attacking 4-4-2.   For all the off the ball movement and aesthetics of OM's play (Payet is a beautiful player to watch),  Monaco were brutally efficient with only about 35% of the possession and countered brilliantly in the second half.  They took their chances while OM overplayed throughout the match.  I kinda find it funny that a team will play a basic 4-4-2 in the defensive phase and then have virtually every player on the park switch positions in the offensive phase.  Monaco essentially ignored the player movement and just played a zonal defensive system, won the ball back and transitioned quickly while half the OM side were trying to get back into whatever their position in the 4-4-2 defensive shape was.  In the meantime Monaco was already deep in their half.  I spent most of the match asking what the point of it was...I've probably watched OM play 3-4 times this year and it's been pretty much the same outcome.  At least Payet is a joy to watch...

I get why folks love watching Sampaoli's and Bielsa's teams from an entertainment standpoint but it's grossly over-engineered football and good opposing coaches eventually work this stuff out after the initial "shock and awe" of these systems when they first appear. The brutal training regimes and tactical marathons turn ordinary players into great players so there is some benefit to it, but in terms of the actual results Mourinho's quotes about "philosophy not winning trophies" echo in my ears whenever I watch this kind of football. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, MrGlenn1337 said:

Sports interacticve should just introduce the option of using 2 different formations. One formation when defending and one formation for attacking. This has been around for ages in football, yet SI hasn't even tried to put this in to the game.

We can control both the attacking shape and the defensive shape.

Your formation sets your starting positions. This is largely the defensive shape, but this can change based on what you choose as your roles and duties. For example, a BWM/S will be stationed a bit higher up the pitch compared to a BWM/D in the same position. The tactic creator does show this slightly when you change duties.

Your attacking shape is heavily dictated by the duties (of course the roles matter too) you choose. Attack Duties generally bomb forward and is ahead of play, Support Duties will support play and Defend Duties are generally behind play. If your starting formation is a 442, having 2 Attack Duty wide midfielders, a Support Duty and Attack Duty forwards with everyone else on support can have your attacking shape look like this to give you a rough idea:

ML-----ST-----MR

---------ST----------

---MCL----MCR---

DL---------------DR

---DCL----DCR----

These days we even have some control over transitions, so we have more control over the 4 phases than before.

Edited by HUNT3R
phases - that's the word I was looking for.

1 minute ago, HUNT3R said:

We can control both the attacking shape and the defensive shape.

Your formation sets your starting positions. This is largely the defensive shape, but this can change based on what you choose as your roles and duties. For example, a BWM/S will be stationed a bit higher up the pitch compared to a BWM/D in the same position. The tactic creator does show this slightly when you change duties.

Your attacking shape is heavily dictated by the duties (of course the roles matter too) you choose. Attack Duties generally bomb forward and is ahead of play, Support Duties will support play and Defend Duties are generally behind play. If your starting formation is a 442, having 2 Attack Duty wide midfielders, a Support Duty and Attack Duty forwards with everyone else on support can have your attacking shape look like this to give you a rough idea:

ML-----ST-----MR

---------ST----------

---MCL----MCR---

DL---------------DR

---DCL----DCR----

These days we even have some control over transitions, so we have more control over the 4 stages than before.

Agree to disagree.