Man utd tactic with sancho and ronaldo

I'd agree with De Nile.

Ronaldo is arguably the greatest goalscorer ever, being a great finisher with both his feet and his head. So I'd play him through the middle on any role with an Attack duty.

Sancho is a pacey winger who is able to provide great service from out wide. So either a Winger or Inverted Winger on support would be a good role choice.

You'd need to think about how all the roles compliment each other though, not just these two.

Edited by Luizinho

20 hours ago, De Nile said:

As Johnny said make the formation and post it but for roles realistically Ronaldo is a poacher and Sancho is either an advanced playmaker, inverted winger on attack or winger on support.

I have to strongly disagree here. If you look at how Ronaldo actually moves on a football pitch, he drops off or moves into the channels quite often when his team has possession in the final third. He's not just sitting centrally on the shoulder of a CB, and he's willing to take on players or make risky passes that the poacher role in FM will absolutely not try.

CFa is probably the most accurate role - it will drop off at times but won't come deep during buildup like a CFs.

Edited by Sneaky Pete

972176019_UnitedFormation.thumb.jpg.29f3dd2b762ee1736c56f6cdf55ad438.jpg

I would probably line up similar to this. IW(Su) with stay wider with Greenwood, W(Su) with Sancho. The best part is you can swap the side that Fernandes attacks from by swapping with Pogba, you can then move the attacking wide man to the opposite side to create different overloads. Ronaldo/Cavani should both do well in a CF(A) role, I had a look at Ronaldo and its the best suggested role for him right off the bat.

On 17/09/2021 at 14:59, Sneaky Pete said:

I have to strongly disagree here. If you look at how Ronaldo actually moves on a football pitch, he drops off or moves into the channels quite often when his team has possession in the final third. He's not just sitting centrally on the shoulder of a CB, and he's willing to take on players or make risky passes that the poacher role in FM will absolutely not try.

CFa is probably the most accurate role - it will drop off at times but won't come deep during buildup like a CFs.

Then use an AF he is not an CF(a), in his prime he was closer to that role then he is now. And the poacher role doesn't sit centrally depending on what you what him to do. Adding instructions can give him poaching tendencies and he can still drop off if I said P(a) + roam from position he will drop off occasionally and time his runs from a deeper position so he's not offside. And if you want a clearer role with no PI's and play more risky passes then I would advise AF

Edited by De Nile

It can be strange to hear but I used Ronaldo as F9 and it helped him to score more goals than AFa & CFa. I think this works because he is more suited to run behind the defence from deeper areas later on attacks and this gives him more space to score.

I used 4-2-3-1 for this. Behind Ronaldo, I used Fernandes as AMa, Sancho as IWs on LW, Greenwood as IWa on RW, Pogba as BBM on RCM and a DLPs on LCM. 

Manchester United lacks a fine DLP with good defensive attributes as they lack that kind of player on real life. I think this is the first thing to solve when managing them.

Edited by zabyl

• 3 weeks later...