Removing Player Trait

Does coach attribute have any impact on training to remove a player's trait? If so, what attribute affect it?

I've been trying to remove my players trait as I deemed them to be contrasting with how I want to set up. But in two season, I can remember only once trait removal been successful. Or am I facing a bug?

8 hours ago, FrazT said:

adaptability attribute

Versatility :thup:.

For the OP - age is also a factor.  You didn't say how old the player is but the adage "you can't (un)teach an old dog new tricks" applies.  However, regardless of age, coach quality or anything else it's intentionally more difficult to unlearn a habit than it is to pick up a new one - just like in real life.

12 hours ago, FrazT said:

Obviously the better the coach qulaity, the better the chance of retraining any player, but i suspect that it may depend on the trait that you are trying to remove and the player adaptability attribute as well.

3 hours ago, herne79 said:

Versatility :thup:.

For the OP - age is also a factor.  You didn't say how old the player is but the adage "you can't (un)teach an old dog new tricks" applies.  However, regardless of age, coach quality or anything else it's intentionally more difficult to unlearn a habit than it is to pick up a new one - just like in real life.

Thank you. After I wrote this post, one of my U20 player have successfully unlearn a trait although the other players all under 30s failed to do so. My coaching staff aren't the best too so I guess that's that.