Detailed previous season data

Unigo

The last few years i've been playing FM, i've become more and more interested in the data aspect of the game. The main issue i'm encountering is saving (or viewing) previous season data. It seems that when the season ends, the detailed data of that season is also lost, or at least not viewable. Things i'm interested in are header-won ratio, Xg, etc. Currently i'm having a few ways of getting in the direction of what i want and need, but none covers it completely. I'm curious to see what you guys think/do! 

The possibilities i'm seeing are:

• When viewing a player, clicking on history --> career stats gives you an overview of the stats of the player, throughout the different seasons. It's good, but i can't seem to customize the data that is presented. So, it shows apps, goals, assists, and even more detailed info like tackles per 90 minutes or pass-completion. But, Xg is missing, for instance. (am i right in saying that this can't be customized?)
  • Next idea i had was going from the scouting/player search window, and create a custom view with all the data i need. So far so good, i now have a 200.000 player database with all the interesting stuff. Because the data gets wiped after a season, my idea would be to make a printscreen of the page, and save it in excel/spreadsheets. If i do that every so often, i'm building a historical database of player performance. The issue i'm encountering here is that with print-screen you get a maximum of around 275 records. So, with 200.000 players i'd need 725 print screen - copy paste actions, and every in-game half year (or something like that). That's not a good solution than either.
  • A few months ago i made a brave attempt by copy-pasting the stats from every competition, team, at a senior level. But, you have to do this club by club, competition by competition, that's even more tedious than solution 2.

The perfect solution would be a drop-down menu where you can select a certain calendar-year, at various views where data is presented. For example at the scouting and player-search screen, or the possibility to select a competition, select a year, and view all data from that season, customisable. But for now that remains a dream i guess.  For now, i'm stuck with using the scouting/search view to select interesting players, and accept that a lot of players will just have started a new season and have little games/data available. From there, you can look in the player's history and see what he did previous seasons. Just hope you don't need Xg, because that's not available....