Windows 11 Upgrade

40 minutes ago, 2BitCharlie said:

I've not played FM since 2015, so thought I'd give 2022 a go when it's released.

My Laptop has an upgrade option for Windows 11, was wondering will this effect the new release running ? As obviously it's been tested on 10.

It should run fine, though there have been reports that depending on settings, game performance can be reduced by up to 20% in Windows 11 compared to Windows 10.

16 hours ago, Gangor said:

It should run fine, though there have been reports that depending on settings, game performance can be reduced by up to 20% in Windows 11 compared to Windows 10.

From what I've read it's almost entirely on new computers bought with 11 pre-installed that have a certain setting activated as standard, which isn't the case with upgrades.

37 minutes ago, Malicious Penguin said:

From what I've read it's almost entirely on new computers bought with 11 pre-installed that have a certain setting activated as standard, which isn't the case with upgrades.

Yeah, though I imagine you'd need to keep an eye on the install process to make sure it's not activated. 

I'd suggest you might need to reinstall steam. Otherwise it might be worth searching the steam forums to see if its an issue on their side, I had a brief search myself but couldn't see anything offering a solution for those who had a similar problem.