Training - Playing Position?

Hi.

When you select "Playing Position" in training under "Position/Role/Duty", what determines the position?

For example: I have a player who is only natural at CM & DM and not familiar in any other position.

He is currently training as a DM and have been since arriving a few months ago.
Not one of the three tactics i have uses a DM.
He has played 4 matches as CM and one as CD.

Why is he training as a DM?

1 hour ago, niklas88 said:

Why is he training as a DM?

Have you taken control of individual training?  If not then he is training as a DM because that's what whoever is in charge of it (your Assistant Manager?) has told him to do.

3 hours ago, herne79 said:

Have you taken control of individual training?  If not then he is training as a DM because that's what whoever is in charge of it (your Assistant Manager?) has told him to do.

Yes, I control all training for all squads.
I select "Playing Position" and it does not train the player in the position he plays.
He plays CM and no tactic i have in my three slots has a DM.
Why is training as a DM?

What determines playing position and can you change it somehow, without specifically choosing a position and role? 

image.png.0e721da8f742833eae8e0dde167b62a0.png

Edited by niklas88

Might need to be confirmed, but I think this maybe a case of the player being Natural in the DM position, as well as possibly more so than the CM slot, yet being high enough to show as Fully accomplished in both.

As a result, he'll be training in his Natural role until told otherwise.

Click the drop down box labelled “Position/Role/Duty” and simply select a position and role to train.  If you want to train him in the central midfield position as a Box to Midfielder, select it.  Equally if you want to train him in the central defence position as a Ball Playing Defender you can do that as well.  All you are actually doing is selecting a bunch of attributes to focus his training on - change the selection to fit the attributes you want.

If you just leave it to the default position the game will just select what it sees as his most natural position and won’t select a role (attributes) for training.

9 minutes ago, plcarlos said:

Might need to be confirmed, but I think this maybe a case of the player being Natural in the DM position, as well as possibly more so than the CM slot, yet being high enough to show as Fully accomplished in both.

As a result, he'll be training in his Natural role until told otherwise.

No, he is fully natural at both if this is what you mean.

image.png.ea66a09e75bbfc8f899219e075b55da5.png

Guess it's not working as I think it should then.
Should not be named playing position when he is in fact not training the position he is playing... 

Edited by niklas88

1 saat önce, niklas88 said:

Yes, I control all training for all squads.
I select "Playing Position" and it does not train the player in the position he plays.
He plays CM and no tactic i have in my three slots has a DM.
Why is training as a DM?

What determines playing position and can you change it somehow, without specifically choosing a position and role? 

image.png.0e721da8f742833eae8e0dde167b62a0.png

10 dakika önce, niklas88 said:

No, he is fully natural at both if this is what you mean.

image.png.ea66a09e75bbfc8f899219e075b55da5.png

Guess it's not working as I think it should then.
Should not be named playing position when he is in fact not training the position he is playing... 

He is natural on both DM & CM. AI could have chosen DM for his best playing position. That could be because of his good defensive attributes or "defensive" training unit. Can you please change his training unit to attacking and share if it changes to CM? 

By the way, that is not playing position/role/duty in your tactic. It is his best natural playing position. In my opinion, SI should change or remove this option because of misunderstanding context.

Edited by zabyl