[Suggestion] DoF Transfer based Best 11 report

Powermonger

I’d like to suggest a new report/screen be generated by our Director of Football and/or Chief Scout of a future squad that is an amalgamation of our existing squad and player talent the recruitment team have unearthed.

The best 11 will be presented by the current primary tactic and its roles, any possible transfers will only be the best players that have been fully scouted and believe would want to join the club. If no player has been scouted fully that could replace an existing club player, then the club player would be the one shown for that position. 

Like a shortlist, possible transfer players will only only have a suggested transfer target for 12 months, after that they will get dropped or rescouted. If a possible player signs a new contract, gets transferred or sent out on loan they also will be dropped. 

This new best 11 scan also be made a key part of the Recruitment meeting and be a new key area of the Scouting module. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I see what you're saying, however, these lists are typically made up by the media and fans to generate clicks, not DoF's/Chief Scouts.

An article by a newspaper along the lines of "How Newcastle could line up after Saudi investment!".

Internally, DoF's will work to identify holes in the squad and where could be improved, but it wouldn't typically include sending 'potential' squads to managers, should they get all their top targets in the next window. 

@Kyle Brownthanks for the feedback and I can see where you are coming from.

Instead of a report then, how about an alternate view attached to a shortlist?

Shortlists currently have list and position view, can I suggest a third view be added to the shortlist that is a Best XI. The Best XI view is like the Position view however based on the layout of the Team Report > Overview (Best XI) and presented on a smaller scale. The Best XI populates with the best player for a position as based on the players registered to the shortlist and calculated best fit for each position in relation to the scout report. Most of the player filtering can still be applied to help narrow down the selection process and also with the ability to include your own club/squad players. This way we can construct our own best XI off of scouted players and using our own criteria.

The Position view allows us to filter a scouted list based on position, the Best XI operates on the reverse concept and filtering to construct a team and view a 'what if' scenario. This would probably work better based on your above feedback and integrate easier into the existing shortlist setup.

Edited by Powermonger

• 4 months later...