Differences between FM Touch and FM XBox

Hi folks

I thought it might be helpful for people (myself as much as anyone) to get a thread going for what the differences between Touch and the XBox version are. Respectfully to tablet players, I'm kinda gearing this toward playing on a PC.

It'd be really helpful if there's anyone with first hand knowledge of playing both, although I appreciate that might be quite a small player base. I'll start off with what differences I know of:

1. Delivery method - Where Touch is/was available on Steam, XBox is available through the Windows store or through XBox Pass. It is a little dearer to buy outright than Touch, but not by much.

2. Time limit - After 30 seasons on XBox you get a 'Completed it mate' message and cannot play any further.

3. Nation limit - You're limited to loading a limit of 10 nations on XBox. Can anyone confirm whether you can chop and change these during the game?

Whilst I was really disappointed with the decision to axe Touch, if these are the only differences on XBox edition, I'd be quite happy with that

If anyone could add any other differences, or confirm that that is it, I'd be most grateful.

Cheers!

23 hours ago, chucklehead said:

.2. Time limit - After 30 seasons on XBox you get a 'Completed it mate' message and cannot play any further.

Yeah, this.

I could be ok with 10 nation limit but just 30 seasons, nah that kills it for me.

Edited by Maw74

1 hour ago, chucklehead said:

OK so so far we've only got the 3 differences listed in the 1st post. Does anyone else have any differences whatsoever? 

Could someone from SI maybe chip in with any further insights? 

Miles says it's not a lesser version of touch, so... Hopefully nothing?

On 11/10/2021 at 15:20, Samelders said:

Well hopefully they can give us an option to load more than 10 leagues and play longer than 30 years

10 leagues? I'm sure in last years you could have 10 nations and all the leagues from them nations 

I was thinking about buying a laptop for football manager to play weekends. I love the game but takes a lot of time and it's perfect for weekends when at my girlfirend and she's watching her TV 

On 22/10/2021 at 07:00, HUNT3R said:

Ways to get around licencing restrictions cannot be discussed on the forum.

The fact this gets a response but the other "hot potatoes" like time & league limit doesn't , does in fact for me confirm that the Xbox Edition will have a 30 season limit and 10 nations/leagues limit again...

24 minutes ago, DJ Sir Matthew said:

The fact this gets a response but the other "hot potatoes" like time & league limit doesn't , does in fact for me confirm that the Xbox Edition will have a 30 season limit and 10 nations/leagues limit again...

The fact is that this is something that I know the answer to and I help where I can help. 

On 25/10/2021 at 11:33, DJ Sir Matthew said:

By the way, I just found this post from October 6th -

Here, Neil confirms the 30 season limit.

18 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

By the way, I just found this post from October 6th -

Here, Neil confirms the 30 season limit.

Thank you for following this up and sharing the link!

Edit: However on the post you linked to Neil only confirms the 10 nations limit, not the 30 season limit. So i guess the jury's still out. 

Edited by DJ Sir Matthew

3 minutes ago, DJ Sir Matthew said:

Thank you for following this up and sharing the link!

Edit: However on the post you linked to Neil only confirms the 10 nations limit, not the 30 season limit. So i guess the jury's still out. 

Yeah, quite right. I would assume that it's still the same if the nations limit is there, but I do not know for sure. If I get a chance I'll have a look to see if it's been posted anywhere.