Choose you relocation stadium

MoggsyBoy81

I think it would be great to have some control/influence over a potential stadium relocation. I've noticed while playing in the lower leagues, when you outgrow a stadium you are usually relocated to a stadium not of your choice. I know in real-life the manager would not have a say over this but it could be a nice touch for the game.

An example would be Darlington, a couple of years ago I took them up a few leagues and got relocated to a different stadium. It would have been cool if I could have opted for the Darlington Arena (which is in the game!) but instead got put in the Riverside (I think!).

Is there a chance it could be changed so as manager you have an option for which stadium to go to? A bit like picking an affiliate where you get a choice of 2/3.

This is one of the most annoying broken parts of the game Finance Facilities etc . For example I recently took Newport County from Div 2 to the Premiership in 3 seasons unlike in real life. So what did the board do in the middle??? NOTHING. Improved nothing REFUSED oh they upgraded youth facilities to adequate and training to average BIG DEAL. SO here we are in the Premiership having just won the FA Cup, the League Cup Champions of the Championship by I think 12 points and yip in Europe and now we play at Ashton Gate (Bristol City) cos Rodney Park our home ground has a capacity of less than 9k when it should actually be less than 8k but what the heck close enough. But they are going to expand it to 17k? HOW? Its not even ours as we ground share it with two rugby teams and its owned by WRU. I understand the politics and ownership model at Newport a little unusual as its fan owned and investment is almost none - 30k per year. I raised over £100m in the transfer window have a salary cap of £24m next lowest is Forest on £42m I was given a transfer fund of £17m, made that selling one players x3 actually one player sold for £34m, Forest spent £80m I spent £30m making a transfer surplus of £80m. Our total sponsorship etc is £750k ???? Forest get £4.1m who were promoted with us.

Yes I bought a ton of youngsters ( I know who to buy and when) who increase in value per division and worth quite a lot when you get to the Premiership yeah most wanted to leave when in the championship and I refused cos we have a great set of youngsters with potential most got offers of between 75 and 200k in CHampionship then hit premiership and its in the tens of millions figure that one out  !! SO sat with over £100m transfer balance. I get paid 2k a week and they refused me a new contract, Daniel Farke is at Forest on £12k aaugh yes I turned down quite a few interviews. SO what the heck we need a new stadium one that is our own and fit for the team/squad I have built, fit for the Premiership ft for Europe. But then my DOF made offers for over £100m players almost all useless my highest wage is £64k he went after players who wanted £110k plus !! where was this money going to come from cos I dont have it in my wage budget which is £1.2m I am currently spending just shy of £1m highest wage is £64k and thats cos I needed good defenders so had to buy em. 

I have an analytical mind I understand the complexity of designing the algorithms and various game engines but come on SI, the town idiot could do better. A little foresight would be useful, communications and planning between board and staff, our Chairman put in a £300k loan, impossible and why when we didn't need it. OUr projected profit this year???? £240m no idea why or how I guess cos we are in the Premiership and nothing to spend it on. Where are we projected to come this year? 5th wow and we are top after 4 games unbeaten and looking good.

SO we currently play at Ashton Gate with a capacity of 27k our average home gate is 16k top attendance was 17k cos that is hard coded into the game even though potentially its now 27k all that potential revenue lost when a big team comes (Spurs home 17,185 Leeds 16,677 and we beat em both 4-1 and 5-1). Will FM22 be better be any different? I bet its exactly the same - BROKEN

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 09/10/2021 at 12:35, MoggsyBoy81 said:

I know in real-life the manager would not have a say over this

I'm afraid you've hit the nail on the head here, as it wouldn't happen in real life we won't be looking to implement it in game - sorry!