More realistic player match ratings

Guy Bar

Something that’s really bothering me is ratings in FM. In my head ratings should go: 1-2 for a game so terrible you want to kick a player out of the club/starting XI, 3-4 for a pretty bad game, 5 for a fame they didn’t contribute to, 6 for an okay game with maybe 1-2 chances, 7 for a pretty good game, 8 for a good game with a goal/assist, 9 for a great game with like a brace ir three assists, and 10 for a perfect game like a hat-trick, or a monstrous pass-rate and two assists. At least that’s what I see a lot on actual sports news websites. 

However, in FM, player ratings start with 6 (should be 5 imo, also the half of 10), they rarely go below 6.0 unless a horrible mistake has been committed and then it’s usually 5 point something, and sometimes players get a huge boost just because the team scored a lot, even if they had an okay match (maybe worthy of a 6 on my scale).

For goalkeepers, it should be much easier to gain a good rating. I’ve seen goalkeepers with like 10 good saves only get 7.0, which in reality they should get like 8.0 for that.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you can change ratings in FM.

• 1 month later...