Play older games saves on a new game

DoritoJr

I know this probably won´t happen. With which new game things change a lot. But consider that you could play a save from an old game in a new one. I'm more of a long term player, I'm playing FM20 (which was my first FM) and imagining being able to continue my save (which I'm not thinking of wrapping up that soon) in a new iteration is just amazing.

The problems that come with this is: New information having to be created out of nowhere (Example, when we have women football, of the history for it would have to be new; Highlights are from older match engines; your manager looks are also a problem since the 3D models change every year). I dont have much ideas to make this work, but anyway I would like to leave the idea here to be discussed.

Sorry for any mistake that I've commited along the post.

• 1 month later...
  • SI Staff

Thanks for taking the time to raise this here. This is difficult to include for a number of legal and licensing reasons, however this is something which has already been flagged as a request within the community, so has already been documented and is part of our internal database of features for consideration. Like all features raised to us, it could end up rejected, or could after extensive design and development become a part of a future FM.