[Suggestion] Being able to play older games saves in a new version

DoritoJr

I know this probably won´t happen. With which new game things change a lot. But consider that you could play a save from an old game in a new one. I'm more of a long term player, I'm playing FM20 (which was my first FM) and imagining being able to continue my save (which I'm not thinking of wrapping up that soon) in a new iteration is just amazing.

The problems that come with this is: New information having to be created out of nowhere (Example, when we have women football, all of the history for it would have to be new; Highlights are from older match engines; your manager looks are also a problem since the 3D models change every year). For those problems i can only see: making the womens history up as the game does for newly activated leagues; highlights arent available for games played before the convertion, you make new looks. The problems surely run way deeper than that, but I know nothing about programing and game development. I dont have much ideas to make this work, but anyway I wanted to present this idea to SI.

Sorry for any mistake that I've commited along the post.

• Administrators

It's not something we can do in the short term but if in future we can find a way to bring everyone up to the latest version we absolutely will, we know how sought after this feature is. :) 

On 15/10/2021 at 00:26, DoritoJr said:

I know this probably won´t happen. With which new game things change a lot. But consider that you could play a save from an old game in a new one. I'm more of a long term player, I'm playing FM20 (which was my first FM) and imagining being able to continue my save (which I'm not thinking of wrapping up that soon) in a new iteration is just amazing.

The problems that come with this is: New information having to be created out of nowhere (Example, when we have women football, all of the history for it would have to be new; Highlights are from older match engines; your manager looks are also a problem since the 3D models change every year). For those problems i can only see: making the womens history up as the game does for newly activated leagues; highlights arent available for games played before the convertion, you make new looks. The problems surely run way deeper than that, but I know nothing about programing and game development. I dont have much ideas to make this work, but anyway I wanted to present this idea to SI.

Sorry for any mistake that I've commited along the post.

I'd love this as I want to continue my Albion Rovers FM 21 save but i'm going to stop playing it as FM22 is out in a few weeks

• 1 month later...