FM22 Youtuber First Look Videos

If you haven't seen, there are a number of Youtubers and Streamers in the FM Community that have been given Alpha access to FM22 to showcase some of the new features and general gameplay.

Here is a Youtube Playlist of all of the videos compiled together:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5LfvKAGBLu6GVruLcaFLgpY7F_ltS1qv

Each of the Youtubers have produced videos focusing on different features (one on Datahub, one of Deadline Day etc) and they are really good to get a nice first look of the game (well, second look after the FM live stream!) 

Just now, Dagenham_Dave said:

Omega Luke used the privilege of being able to do this to simulate a whole season with PSG to see if they could remain unbeaten. A complete waste of a video, showcases absolutely nothing new in the game. If they're going to get get content creators to advertise the new game for them (which has been great with some of them), there maybe needs to be guidelines on what they can show. 

Agreed. Not the best use of an Alpha preview and not one that his followers would have really appreciated. I found Lollujo's, Zealand's and Second Yellow Card's videos the best. Benji's too though his didn't really open my eyes to much that the others didn't already.

Zealands example of the new movement animation at about 10 minutes into this video is excellent: 

Really showed how the animations in the ME have been improved and look more natural!

21 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Omega Luke used the privilege of being able to do this to simulate a whole season with PSG to see if they could remain unbeaten. A complete waste of a video, showcases absolutely nothing new in the game. If they're going to get get content creators to advertise the new game for them (which has been great with some of them), there maybe needs to be guidelines on what they can show. 

They'll have almost certainly had to have put the video past SI for approval before it being uploaded, so there will have been guidelines on what they could show.

21 minutes ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

They'll have almost certainly had to have put the video past SI for approval before it being uploaded, so there will have been guidelines on what they could show.

How bizarre then that his video was nothing more than simulating a season with one team. Just felt like a waste of what was a pretty good privilege to have.

1 hour ago, karanhsingh said:

Honestly even the Mbappe vs Haaland video was nothing great. I guess these are for the casual gamers.

Would have loved to see a 10+ year simulation and some dynamic youth ratings!

I think there was a timer on how long they could play the game, which probably ruled that out, sadly. 

1 hour ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Another excellent video from Matt (SecondYellowCard) today. I know this is a very small thing, but I'm liking the new goalscorer pop up during the game, so much better than previous years. 

image.png.b363c7162c67a8b164dd9ff490637b12.png

This is Bundesliga specific I think. Even the scoreboard mirrors the Bundesliga broadcast in real life. Check out the scoreboard in any of the PSG vids, it will be the same as last year.

1 hour ago, karanhsingh said:

You aren't going to be able to fit that into a 10-15 minute video though. That'll be the sort of thing some of them put together after the game's out, so they can do a half hour video doing it and covering different leagues.

2 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

i mean he did it using a OP gegenpress tactic. He could have at least detailed the effects it had on stamina throughout the season. I would be alarmed if SI had a problem showcasing that.

3 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Honestly even the Mbappe vs Haaland video was nothing great. I guess these are for the casual gamers.

I don't think, in any of the videos, they simmed past 12 months into the game. they probably weren't allowed to. It did seem weird when I was watching Benjy's video and then he just simulated the same season about 5 times.

8 hours ago, BrightLad5 said:

Personally, I'd highly recommend SecondYellowCard's video on the Data Hub... blew my mind and its certainly going to be big for a lot of our saves!

I do believe the next step for FM is to get the analytics and data to a point where there's less reliance on looking at attributes. I know there are specific skins and ways of removing attributes from the game already, but for the game to fundamentally put data front and centre feels like a big step.

9 minutes ago, SpitfireFM said:

I do believe the next step for FM is to get the analytics and data to a point where there's less reliance on looking at attributes. I know there are specific skins and ways of removing attributes from the game already, but for the game to fundamentally put data front and centre feels like a big step.

Highly doubt it considering a large portion of the playerbase are casual gamers. Remember someone mentioned that most of the players do not have game saves more than 3 seasons so I will be surprised if half of them even use the data hub feature at all.

53 minutes ago, SpitfireFM said:

For that to work, we need possession adjusted stats because they take into account that for example a team with high possession will "score" less on defensive stats because you don't defend when you have the ball. So when you adjust for possession you can then compare more accurately 2 players from different team and leagues

51 minutes ago, zyfon5 said:

Highly doubt it considering a large portion of the playerbase are casual gamers. Remember someone mentioned that most of the players do not have game saves more than 3 seasons so I will be surprised if half of them even use the data hub feature at all.

This stat blew my mind because I don't think I've ever had a save under 10 seasons.

4 hours ago, rafaelbenitez said:

This is Bundesliga specific I think. Even the scoreboard mirrors the Bundesliga broadcast in real life. Check out the scoreboard in any of the PSG vids, it will be the same as last year.

I think you’re right here. Miles did mention in the live stream that there was something different with the bundesliga. I assume it is the graphic change for the scoreboard and the goalscorer pop up. Very nice touch, and good to see more creativity in a big licensed league!

2 hours ago, zyfon5 said:

Sorry, should have specified that I meant that this should be optional, and that the quality of the data should be sufficient to make informed management a possibility without dependancy on the attributes. Much like that option exists now via skins, but officially supported in game and with the data and analytics work under the hood to be advanced enough to handle that play style. 

Obviously I don't anticipate SI hard removing the attributes, nor should they. And there's still a way to go with the quality of data and analytics. But I do think it's where the future of the game is for those who want to delve that deep into it. They're clearly dipping their toes in those waters. 

9 часов назад, Dagenham_Dave сказал:

If they're going to get get content creators to advertise the new game for them (which has been great with some of them), there maybe needs to be guidelines on what they can show. 

actually this is a terrible idea, if they "promote" a game, especially with guidance or instructions from developers then what's the point of it for players or potential buyers, you can just watch video from developers in that case. And btw there are still no real criticism of the game, I mean no critical approach, everyone likes everything (I watched first 5 or 6 from the playlist), one of the dude tried to promote new animations so match, that it raises a question whether he had any incentive to it except free access to a game.

9 часов назад, JordanMillward_1 сказал:

saw this message after my previous comment - not surprised, but then how do you expect to see/heard real opinion or even bugs, or thing that don't work? they create false picture of perfect game.

Edited by FedAt

13 minutes ago, FedAt said:

saw this message after my previous comment - not surprised, but then how do you expect to see/heard real opinion or even bugs, or thing that don't work? they create false picture of perfect game.

Great idea, get all the serial moaners on here to present the videos, and watch as sales plummet to an all time low. 

I'm assuming you don't have a degree in economics?

20 минут назад, Dagenham_Dave сказал:

Great idea, get all the serial moaners on here to present the videos, and watch as sales plummet to an all time low. 

I'm assuming you don't have a degree in economics?

lol, if you start with an offenses you self value should increase somehow?
I don't care about their sales, this is forum mostly for people who buy game - spend money, that's why I pointed to that. Try to look beyond you nose a little.

8 hours ago, STaphouse said:

I don't think, in any of the videos, they simmed past 12 months into the game. they probably weren't allowed to. It did seem weird when I was watching Benjy's video and then he just simulated the same season about 5 times.

I noticed that, didnt see one of the alpha preview videos enter a 2nd season.

Haaland v Mbappe video though, i found utterly pointless.

8 hours ago, ChelseaSince86 said:

Haaland v Mbappe video though, i found utterly pointless.

Definitely aimed at the 'younger' audience that one, which Ben seems to have a lot of, as does lollujo. 

Matt's two videos have been by far the best. 

I watched lollujo's video on deadline day and it actually looked pretty good. I like how agents offer you so many players and you have the chance to sign someone who totally wasn't on your radar beforehand. It even lets you know that you're unlikely to get a permanent move done in time so you can sign someone on loan instead. I might actually take part in it now

1 hour ago, Britrock said:

I watched lollujo's video on deadline day and it actually looked pretty good. I like how agents offer you so many players and you have the chance to sign someone who totally wasn't on your radar beforehand. It even lets you know that you're unlikely to get a permanent move done in time so you can sign someone on loan instead. I might actually take part in it now

I think people are going to be using deadline day more than they think they originally would. The installment exploit is fixed, it’s going to be harder to sell players, but easier on deadline day but also cheaper. Most people probably aren’t going to build their squad on day one like in the past…