Player Data (discussion)

kevgaleuk

The initial views and videos on the data hub look spectacular and I LOVE the move more to visualisation rather than the tables of old. 

For future releases I assume more will be added to this and to that end...

Player Data - Please (times 1 Million) can you find a way to fold player history data - appearances, stats, clubs played for, transfers etc - into this and get rid of the current player history tab? The data behind FM that runs that tab is

• Really badly formatted before day 1 (erroneous lines of zeros before players first seasons, when players moved / mid season update moves) over many years giving a horrible starting point
  • Affected by the random things the game does that further exacerbates poor data quality (switching players to B teams for a day or at least no games played) creating a line of 0's for that team that season
  • Bugs/slightly off AI where teams loan list or list players as they (presumably) don't want them / don't see them as a first team player yet turn around & play them early in the season (despite having made that determination) over other available first team players resulting in having a random game or worse a non-counting cup game played before a transfer 
  • The insistence of including cup games in the history but not including them on the player history table meaning lines of 0's
  • Cup games not counting on history creating lines of 0's
  • Transfer fee formatting resulting in misaligned, ugly (IMO) data
  • Loans fees being added further making it look untidy
  • Seasons early in a players career (when in U18, U23's etc) counting rather than deleting if no games played

And many other things too probably. I have spent years hoping that this part of the game would get some love, the data cleaned up etc but I think that's a ship long since sailed. As such my hope now is that SI can envelop this data into the new data hub and get rid of the one area of the game that is absolutely ugly by the standards of the rest of the game screens. 

Thoughts on this would be:

• Transfer History - This lends itself to a table selling club, buying club, transfer date / season, fee (with right aligned consistent format e.g. £1,000,000, or £1.00m, £750,000 or £0.75m)
  • Loan History
  • Career History Overview (similar to the one on the player overview) - Date from-to, Club, Games, Goals - but please remove B teams from this
  • Career History detail - season by season graphs showing things like total/league/cup games, goals, minutes, assists, key stats etc - I would personally do this at an overall season level e.g. 48 games whether that's for one team or 3 with a line underneath the season for # clubs 1,2,3 etc and use a hover over function to show the clubs in that season - ultimately I don't care about the 1 game played on a 1 month loan but I do care that over the last 5 years the number of games played has increased, the stats have improved etc

As a side thought it would be good if some of these data points could make it into analysis reports, player comparisons etc

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...