Recommended settings in full FM22 to make it play like Touch

This is definitely something I wish was bullet-pointed out for us Touch players. I’ve got it on Steam, can sort of stream it to my iPad. But have played for a couple hours and still haven’t gotten to my first match. I might just keep playing FMT21 if I can’t figure out how to turn down the realism. Hahaha

I already miss FMT :(

I have tried delegated many of the things to other staff.

But I am still forced to get all updates in my inbox? Or am I missing something?

- I dont care what my assistant answered in different media articles/press conferences

- I dont care about most of the news updates about my B-team or U19 team

- I dont care getting reminded all the time about the injury chance of all my players...I can find that myself when I need it.

- etc. etc. etc.

Is there really no way to select not to receive specfic types of information in my inbox?

13 hours ago, caz said:

I already miss FMT :(

I have tried delegated many of the things to other staff.

But I am still forced to get all updates in my inbox? Or am I missing something?

- I dont care what my assistant answered in different media articles/press conferences

- I dont care about most of the news updates about my B-team or U19 team

- I dont care getting reminded all the time about the injury chance of all my players...I can find that myself when I need it.

- etc. etc. etc.

Is there really no way to select not to receive specfic types of information in my inbox?

That is my biggest gripe with full-fat FM and what made me turn to Touch/Classic last year. Too much white noise, too many clicks to get to the information I wanted and also no matter what settings, to many processing interruptions (often with no inbox message or anything making me wonder why the processing was interrupted in the first place)

As Zak has mentioned above you can delegate duties to your staff members for them to deal with. You can also unfollow a bunch of media within the Social Feed. If you don't want to unfollow you can also select the level of content you would like to receive per account.

Yeah, the main problem is getting a lot of "irrelevant" news (and thus extra clicks), even if the staff is handling the things. However @Desmond Richardson, I believe you just showed me exactly what I needed by going to the Social Feed, and doing a custom setting for the news about my own club....So big thank you for that!

This litterally seems like the setting that I have been missing always :D And my guess is that I am far from the only one who have no idea about it....seems a strange place to hide it.

Just for clarity for others, if they are not aware of it, then it is this screen I am talking about:

image.png.8f4ac0175c8e140a462206a41977ab2f.png

9 hours ago, caz said:

Yeah, the main problem is getting a lot of "irrelevant" news (and thus extra clicks), even if the staff is handling the things. However @Desmond Richardson, I believe you just showed me exactly what I needed by going to the Social Feed, and doing a custom setting for the news about my own club....So big thank you for that!

This litterally seems like the setting that I have been missing always :D And my guess is that I am far from the only one who have no idea about it....seems a strange place to hide it.

Just for clarity for others, if they are not aware of it, then it is this screen I am talking about:

image.png.8f4ac0175c8e140a462206a41977ab2f.png

Where do u find this? 

Go to Inbox (left side menu) --> Social Feed (2nd tab in the top)  --> Manage (lower right corner)  --> Select the "pencil" (custom) for each of the followed accounts which has News ticked. Particularly the first line should be your managed club I believe.

I just changed it to content level "minimum" for my club, and it has made a huge impact. Not only do I get much less news to click through, but it also seems to have made the entire game MUCH more responsive when clicking through news items. I might try to play around with that to  figure out if it is an actual measurable effect, or just in my head :D

1 hour ago, zakbrown96 said:

You can also get a skin for instant results, should be one in the skins fourm on here 

Thanks mate not bothered about match’s although sometimes u get games that are already won was really just for the information side but I will have a look at skins 

• 3 weeks later...

Question, with Game Pass on PC you get access to the full version and X-Box version. To get a more slimmed down Classic style game am I best off using the full fat version and delegating the boring stuff (tedious media and training stuff) or just playing the X Box version which is designed to be a bit quicker according to SI?

The X Box version limit on leagues and player database size worries me a bit (plus the fact you can't import or export tactics), but so does missing out on morale etc that doing all the boring full fat stuff gives your team. 

Ta

Im a long time Touch player..    i bought both versions this year.  FM22 and FM22 Xbox.    Full game was to much work to do... first thing i had to do was sort out contracts for 60 staff members... it felt more like a real job, than the fun i was used to from before.  I installed the "simulate game" skin, and delegated most things... And it still feels slow...but there are certain aspects of the full game i really do enjoy, but in the end i bought FM 22 Xbox and plays that on Windows.  Its 95% like the old Touch...     You can buy it on Microsoft Store.    Only thing i really do miss are adding/deleting leagues during an active game, and the assistant to analyze my last 5 games to help me with my tactic.    Its also a little buggy, and i feel it should be just a little bit "bigger".  But its QUICK, and FUN :)