FINALLY! ToMexico! in Mexico - Party Time in Cancun

ToMexico!!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mexican First Division Closing Stage - 2026/27

We opening the closing stage with a class 3-0 win over Cruz Azul but gained just one point from the next three games to see us languish in 14th place. Back to back wins of Toluca and Atlas got us back on track and further up the table. The 4-0 win over 7-man Queretaro was followed by a 5-2 hammering by table-toppers Pumas. We had a great March, picking up an seven points from an available nine and had reached 4th in the table before April was a washout with losses to Santos Laguna and America before we ending the stage in thrilling style by putting six past a relegation threatened Tijuana, Joao Maleck scoring all six. We finished in a respectable 7th place and once again would compete in the play-offs. 

We faced a decent Tigres side in the preliminary stage and despite a 2nd half red card for our right-back we held on for a 1-0 win, Maleck the scorer. Chivas were up next at the quarter final stage, we took a 1-1 draw to their back yard but come up unstuck as they defeated us 3-1 to see us exit 4-2 on aggregate. We finish the season in 9th place on the average points table, with last seasons promoted side Queretaro relegated once more

We had a better season in the Mexican Cup, we finished 2nd in our group consisting of America, Altenos Tepa and Atlante. We then faced and beat Tigres 2-0 to reach the quarter final for the first time. We would face Pumas, arguably the best team in Mexico. For well knowing we would probably lose, I rotated more heavily to concentrate on the league and they soundly beat us 4-0. The rotation worked as we won our league game directly after. 

This season was once again all about Joao Maleck, upon reaching the end of the opening stage he was on 27 goals for the season, he scored a couple more at the beginning of the new year before going on an 11 hour goalless streak but he came good again and ended the season with 45 goals, including those six against Tijuana. I think he drought was the fact he had interest and bids submitted in January by the likes of Pumas and America but thankfully his head wasn't turned. James Titterton was probably our second best player, the inverted right winger scored 7 goals and made 15 assists this season and is wanted by Santos Laguna and MLS side LA Galaxy. Another player to have a good season was central defender Mario Trevino, whilst he wasn't a threat in the opposition box, he was imperious whilst defending ours, he won 85% of his aerial duels, culminating in winning 513 headers, completed 96% of his passes as we looked to play simply out from the back and made 417 clearances in all competitions to see his average rating sit at 7.40 for the season. 

We're waiting for the training facilities upgrade to be completed in July but we will be making inroads to make further improvements to the youth facilities and also improve the junior coaching when we are able to do so again. Currently our youth setup is only costing us £66k per month, so we can afford to make improvements there. We end the season with just under £13m in the bank and have been given an £11m transfer budget and wage budget of £130k per week, an increase from £105k per week. 

877acf54d5c018354c35e2dc2b76262f.png

aa2d4088b86c3631f0120d46d62644ce.png

Building for the Future - Summer 2027

Below are the first team players under the age of 23 and the main bulk of the first team from this season and moving forward into the coming seasons. 

0b99d0b326e9ed9c5649d93ebad1bfae.png

There's some good players here but there's also plenty of potential, my only concern is just four of these 11 players are Mexican. I've found that young Mexican players with good potential come at a premium but I need to look at bring more in. A number of the players are wanted but hopefully we are at a point now where with £15m in the bank at the moment the chairperson won't be intervening and selling a player, although I woud probably sell Gallardo or Solis if the right bid came in for them. All of the players bar Jimeno have around 3 years remaining on their contracts. 

5 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

Your team is taking shape nicely mate. I've not been on the game much but did start as Cancun, only done a couple of games though.

Thanks, we're getting there slowly, I don't think we're in any danger of ever being drawn into a relegation battle but there is much work to be done on becoming more consistent and challenging the likes of Chivas, America, Pumas, Pachucha and Tigres more often. 

Will you be making a thread on your journey with Cancun? 

Clauses - July 2027

We have a few clauses which are available to sell, lets take a look at all of them. 

ed9c5fd33be90573f673d6601038bed5.png

Angel Alonzo left last season for £6.5m and has already asked to leave due to lack of game time. As part of the deal Pachuca still owe us 3 x £645k in instalments. Igor left a while back and is not worth much, we get 20% of not a lot if he moves. Manuel Macias was signed by San Luis on a pre-contract agreement, He's yet to make an appearance which the clauses are based upon, we may also get 15% of his next sale.

Omar Cruz was sold over my head by the chairperson for a deal totalling £5.5m. We will receive 30% of any profit but can sell the clause for £668k right now. They also owe us 3 x £731k from instalments. We will receive 20% of Israel Reyes' next transfer. Miguel Tapia has joined Mazatlan this summer and we shall receive 40% of his next transfer fee. We sold Oscar Verduguez last season for £600k to Juarez, he's now worth £1.2m (minimum fee clause) and we have a 50% profit clause inserted, we could sell it now for £230k but I will hold on for the moment. 

Transfers - July 2027

We still have plenty of time left in the window but I'm pretty happy with the signings we've made so far. 

905c7b6554dc0c6993681f73e113001f.png

We signed two first team players and two youth players and all were Mexican.

Jose Abraham Jacome was signed from America U20's for a low fee, the 16 year old right midfielder has lots of promise. We then signed Nestor Chavez from Queretaro for his relegation release clause fee of £275k, he comes in as another option for LB and has plenty of potential to improve. We then signed another player from the same side, this time we spent £2.5m (with half upfront and the rest in instalments) to bring in Jesus Hernandez to partner Maleck up front. We need him to work on losing his 'plays with back to goal' PPM. Last to join was another youngster Rafael Chan for £275k from Mineros, the 17 year old striker has lots of promise, he is described as the next Raul Jiminez who is still with us at the age of 36. 

We have one more signing which is waiting to join the club later this month. 

358f6396187d863db2486c805ced5225.png

Andres Gonzalez is a Colombian left winger who is arriving for a modest £650k. 

Mexican First Division Opening Stage - 2027/28

A fantastic season which could have been even better had we not choked at the end of the league campaign. 

We opened the stage in fine fettle, winning six on the bounce before losing to Cruz Azul. We then demolishd Santos Laguna 4-0 to open September in a month which had no home games in the league. Two more wins to open October saw us top the table with four games to go and thats where we choked, we picked up a solitary point before losing three on the bounce which saw us fall to 3rd place. 3rd place meant we enter the play-offs at the Quarter Final stage. 

We faced America in the quarter finals and comfortably beat them home and away to secure a 4-2 aggregate scoreline. In the semi-finals we faced Monterrey and suffered a 1-0 home defeat before we played out a 4-4 draw in their back yard to fall just short, losing 5-4 on aggregate. 

We entered two continental competitions this season, the Leagues Cup like last season and for the first time we entered the NACL (North American Champions League). In the Leagues Cup we beat MLS side New England with ease 3-0 to reach the quarter final where we were absolutely demolished 5-1 by Monterrey. Like the Mexican Cup, we will comment on the NACL in the closing stage review as the competiton is still ongoing for us. 

Joao Maleck keeps on giving, 26 goals in 25(5) games so far this season. 18 have come in the league which see's him sit as top scorer for the league whilst three are in the Mexican Cup and five in continental competitions. He has been supported better this season by new summer signing Jesus Hernandez who has 12 goals in 27 games. Christian Gallardo nearly left in the summer but rejected New York Red Bulls contract offer, he has rewarded us with seven goals and a team high 11 assists. 

The finances have dipped quite a bit this season mainly due to spending £3m on players but also the increased wage expenditure, we're now using our whole £129k weekly budget which is due to giving Maleck a new contract which is costing me £17k per week alone. 

23261e2786172c96dd0ddc5d4ca73bcf.png

16 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

Have a dozen decent prospects is actually pretty good. If two of them make it into the Team or play professionally somewhere else IT IS A GOOD Intake!

Yeah fingers crossed we start getting first team potential players through our intakes, we've had one so far who is no longer playing for us. 

Transfers - January 2028

Our hand was forced to make more signings than we needed in this window. 

5a339275642235147b89cbe6685cc2d1.png

Starting CB Sergio Villa wanted to leave for a bigger club. He had a minimum fee release clause of £3.2m and only Monterrey triggered it, I would rather not had him leave for a direct rival. 

919bbd27a2b7ab7e6b5c53f6e0c3b54c.png

Prior to Villa's departure we had already made one signing in 17 year old Marco Antonio Castillejos, I had been tracking him for at least 6 months after his former club Queretaro were relegated but he had no interest in joining the Cancun revolution. With Villa leaving we needed a new CB urgently and my scouts recommended Jose Hernandez from Pumas.  £1.2m for an already decent CB with room to grow is a snip and he's Mexican too. 

I've also done two deals for another two defenders. 

5175be5b239150cee769fd2986cfdc3b.png

Daniel Dionisi is a England U20 international who came through at Colombian side Atletico Nacional, he's been snapped up for £1.2m with the view to making a profit on him. Samuel Harelle is much in the same boat but he's an older head, the 22 year old Martiniquais CB, I think he can feature as 3rd choice with the view to move on for a profit. 

21 hours ago, ToMexico!! said:

Youth Intake Preview 

d64cc2a5ba62d58738b3dfa1bb4ae0b7.png

I didn't even show anyone from my last intake it was that bad. This one looks a lot better already. 

Youth Intake Review

668ea2c3691f96f77e0747a52132926a.png

I missed doing this last night so they've had a month with the U20s already. When the intake initially came through just Jorge Alvarado was an elite talent. 

Francisco Gonzalez (YP28b) - I don't think I've seen a youth player with such high finishing before, hopefully he can develop into a decent option for us. 

Jorge Alvarado (YP28a) - looks a good player already, good passing and technique for a young player along with some fantastic mental attributes to begin with. First team bound. 

Martin Ahumada (YP28c) - the weakeast of the three but still could develop into a good bench player for us. 

Mexican First Division Closing Stage - 2027/28

Another solid stage for Cancun albeit a slighty poorer domestic position. 

We opened the stage with two wins from five games and sat in 11th place but form soon picked up as we won three on the bounce in February including 6-2 over Puebla. We hit some inconsistency in March but had risen to 6th place and that is where we remained as April saw three wins from four but clubs around us did much the same. 6th meant entry to the play-offs at the preliminary stage and we would face Santos Laguna, they beat us with relative ease 2-0 to advance and knock us out. 

We had another steady term in the Mexican Cup but we're no closer to winning it, we finished 2nd in our group of Atlante, Pumas and Cimarrones . We beat Atlante 9-0 in one group game to set our highest score of the save so far. We beat Tijuana 2-1 in the second round before losing to America 1-0 in the Quarter Final. 

However, we faired much better in the NACL, a competition we were participating in for the first time. The group stage consists of three zones;

• 4 x North American Zones (5 teams, top 2 advance to 2nd Round and remaining teams all go into a play-off)
  • 4 x Central American Zones (5 teams, top 2 go into Central American play-off)
  • 2 x Caribbean Zones (5 teams, top teams go into Caribbean play-off)

Each team plays each other once. We were drawn alongside Seattle, LAFC, Cruz Azul and Chivas. We finished top of our group with three wins from four games, beating Seattle (3-2), Cruz Azul (2-1) and LAFC (2-1). We then drew Seattle in the 2nd Round, a team who we beat in the group stage and finished bottom of our group with zero points. We battered them again, 3-0 in Seattle and 8-1 at home. I thought it was the end of the road when we were drawn against fellow Mexican's Monterrey and the first leg duly delivered that, we lost 2-1 away but managed a 3-1 home win. Another Mexican side in the last four, America, a bogey team of sorts. We didn't play like they were a nemisis though, 2-0 wins home and away, as comfortable as you like and into the final. Yet another Mexican side would stand in our way Cruz Azul, fellow group qualifiers. Annoyingly played in the Azteca, their home ground, we were trailing at half time. It wasn't until the 93rd minute before we got an equaliser and took the game to extra time, that came and went with neither side looking likely of getting a winner, to penalties it went. We somehow prevailed 9-8 on penalties to win our first major competition and be crowned winners of the North American Champions League. 

8861acd1ed44a63d66a61d2b6592de53.png

Joao Maleck was incredible yet again, he ended the season with an impressive 54 goals in 49(8) appearances to take his all-time Cancun total to 209 goals in five seasons. Jesus Hernandez supported superbly with 27 goals in 51(2) games and supplying 15 assists. Christian Gallardo also contributed well with 15 goals of his own and 20 assists. Star man for assists though was James Titterton who racked up a club record 26. 

Annoyingly we only received £359k for winning the NACL, a million or two would have been much better. Overall this season we've lost around £1.7m, which isn't too bad considering we spent £3m on players and are now spending £138k per week on wages. Sponsorship deals and participation money will boost the balance back up. 

65c3dedc3736723b2d9a5e37e00eaafe.png

badddba0b07212cd654142c363f67ce8.png

16 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

Looking Good! Are the boys attracting the Tourists yet? Especially with the Party Atmosphere!

Tell the Spring Breakers that going to a Match is like going to an American Football game with a Tailgate Party!

Our attendances are certainly on the up, we're offering shots of Tequila on arrival and have Mr World Wide hyping the crowd before the game and doing the half time show. Hopefully we can fill the stadium in the coming seasons!

Transfers and Squad - Summer 2028

edda03ffff0a3a8aefc4feb3e68c8c7c.png

We're continuing to build a decent squad with Cancun, we have a good blend of youth versus experience and more geared towards home-grown as opposed to using mostly foreign born players in the first choice XI. 

A mentioned Daniel Dionisi and Samuel Herelle before but there they are again, hopefully Dionisi improves with us and can be sold for a good profit. I signed Roberto Clavel from Isidro Metapan in El Salvador but loaned him back as part of the deal, he can operate centrally or from wide. I want to ensure I can scout and sign players from smaller nations on the continent like El Salvador, Honduras, Guatemala and Costa Rica to name a few. I needed a back up right back and found one in Jorge Cuevas, the Mexican teenager signs from America for £750k. I also needed a back-up GK, Raul Ocejo was happy to earn his wage as an emergency back-up. 

One major transfer out and that was Cesar Solis who returned to Ecuador, the left winger wanted a new contract beyond what I could offer him and what I was prepared to give him. To get £4.4m for a potential back up player was fantastic, we signed him for £200k so made plenty of profit. Rafael Chan goes out on loan after turning 18, the youngster joins newly promoted Queretaro, hopefully he gets the game time needed to improve further. 

First Choice XI

7ef1b5229af232779b8297a892508f1f.png

Above is the first choice eleven we will play most games with. 

• GK - Diego Cisneros - played 60 games last season and was very good. Wanted by all the bigger clubs in the league but wants to stay. 
  • RB - Cristo Benitez - technically not great but operates well as a no-nonsense full back and won full back of the season in the league last season. 
  • CB - Jose Hernandez - signed last season for £1.3m and fitted in seamlessly. 
  • CB - Mario Trevino - an ever present last season, scored eight times last season. 
  • LB - Nestor Chavez - signed last summer and played the majority of last season. 
  • CM - Marco Antonio Castillejos - probably the best youngster at the club, hopefully he can develop into a full Mexico interntional. 
  • CM - Neri Colluci - our other resident Argentinian, wanted by Atlanta in the MLS and I wouldn't be opposed to selling him due to his weak techinical nature. 
  • AMR - James Titterton - our lefty on the right, away with Colombia at the Olympics. He made 26 assists last season. 
  • AML - Andreas Gonzalez - our righty on the left, with Solis gone he will get more consistent gametime on the left. Needs to prosper. 
  • ST - Jesus Hernandez - 27 goals last season with just 12 coming in the league, that needs to improve. 
  • ST - Joao Maleck - lifetime contract on the horizon, the now 29 year old is classed as a Legend of the club. Well worth his £17k per week contract. 

The only area I would like to improve would be central midfield, replacing Colucci is the next priority, he plays as a Mezzala but only made nine goal contributions last season. 

3 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

I am always favor homegrown (nation) over Foreigners. If for no reason as to deal with League rules wherever I am.

Problem that nation's good players come at a premium and I usually can't afford the best!

Yeah I enjoy having rules to adhere to, especially foreign player limits. 

To make improvements and buy from the likes of Monterrey, Pumas, Pachuca and America we're expecting to pay between £4m-£12m for players now. Thats why i'm building the team up, picking up the odd £1m-£2m signing from them when I can. 

Youth Intake

I forgot to post the preview so here it is. 

Spoiler

36ceed9bbd825008089a5e486165e5cf.png

The preview reads quite well with three promising centre backs and a good wing-back. 

eecf8694d99bc7372701546b67266937.png

Javier Flores (YP29a) - one of the three aforementioned centre backs, decent mentally with a good tackling stat, he should progress nicely. 

eae3cc06f68815e8d90dc5e67af10c71.png

Esparza is a GK, Espinosa another CB, Tena a LM and Trejo an AMC. 

Overall this intake was not as good as it was previewed as. 

NxGN 2029

First time showing this in my thread and thats only because we have two players in the top 3. The winner was from fellow Mexican side America. 

72c68b2abc4677297bc248f087da0fa5.png

Andreas Gonzalez - looks worse than he is due to all those down arrows, I would consider selling him if offered the the right amount. 

Marco Antonio Castillejos - progressing really nicely whilst not offering much in terms of goals or assists on the pitch. What he does offer is that defensive screen in midfield, 70% aerial duels won, 90% pass completion and 82% tackle success rate. 

2028/29 End of Season Review

I've decided to not do to the opening stage/closing stage reviews seperately, instead going back to a more familiar compelte seasonal review. 

Opening Stage - 4thClosing Stage - 5th

This season felt quite difficult despite the 4th & 6th placed finishes. Goals were hard to come by as we only scored 25 opening stage goals compared to 33 last season and also scored 25 this closing stage compared to 41 last season, a reduction of 24 goals over the course of the domestic league season. 

In the opening stage play-offs we entered at the quarter final round and beat Santos Laguna 4-3 on aggregate, we then beat Atlas 2-1 on aggregate to reach the final for the first time where we would face Cruz Azul. We fell at the last hurdle though losing 3-1 over two legs, Joao Maleck with our only goal of the tie. We opened the closing stage play-off in the preliminary round against America, a close 2-1 win saw us across the line in the quarters. Tigres were up next and we lost the home leg 2-0, before losing the away 3-2 to go out 5-2 on aggregate. 

We're currently 6th in the Average Points table with an average of 1.69. 

Mexican Cup2nd Round 

We finished top of our group ahead of Pumas, Cimarrones and Necaxa. We then exited the competition at the 2nd Round stage on penalties at the hands of Leon. 

Leagues Cup - Quarter Final

A comfortable 4-0 thrashing of MLS side Columbus Crew before being dealt with by Pachuca, beating us 4-0. 

NACL - Quarter Final

A perfect group stage with four wins from four; beating Chivas, Cincinnati, LA Galaxy and Pacific FC (Canada). We then faced Chicago in the 2nd Round and beat them comfortably 5-2 on aggregate. Fellow Mexican's Chivas were up next and they beat us 2-0 at home which practically meant tie over, we faired better in the return leg but only drew 2-2 to go out 4-2 on aggregate. 

I mentioned before about the lack of goals domestically, I'm not sure why that was exactly; we had more injuries this season I think which disrupted the squad a little bit. Joao Maleck still managed 34 goals this season but beyond him only Hernandez (17), Gonzalez (13) and Titterton (11) helped. Maleck also made the most assists with 16 and Titterton was close behind with 14. 

We're losing lots of money at the moment, we end this season with just £8.3m in the bank, the finances show a loss of £2.4m across the season. 

cb99b69a2ffbc5be16dc33bfbd6e9cfc.png

We're spending beyond our means on wages now and despite having the won the NACL last season we have nothing else to show for it. The youth setup is now a £2.5m per season expenditure and we are seeing some results of the improvements there but we need it to be more fruitful. 

cc4d31ddade5dc711dbf84721d3f73a8.png

Income wise I will sell players to fund us but ideally not home-grown talents, last month I sold Bolivian midfielder Jimeno to Toronto for £1.3 + £400k + 50% profit, we need these clauses to become more profitable for us in the future. We're filling our stadium to around 2/3rds full, results on the pitch will increase the turnout. 

3b56d344d3debba91a85992e3d859733.png

Reducing Wage Expenditure - Summer 2029

Although we've been given the below budgets I want to look at reducing our wage expenditure going forward as we've been bleeding more money than I would like to last season. My concern is if the chairperson were to step in again on a bid for a player I don't want to sell. 

a0147f2ecb8c2e79111a2efef8eea07f.png

The transfer budget is irrelevant, I won't be spending anywhere near that amount, probably 20% tops. We're currently spending £167k p/w (roughly £670k p/m or £8.6m p/a) and thats too much for us to be spending. You can see we have a committed spend of £150k per week which will be the spend once players who have agreed to leave, have left. 

Below is the current first team squad, sorted by weekly wage; 

448e66146784f21905497dde0996c112.pnged98610e32d70ac11e8624d5914620b7.png

Of those players; Carlos Vargas, Pablo Lopez, Maximiliano Silvera and Neri Collucci are all leaving the club. Thus reducing the wage expenditure already by £19,300 p/w. 

My other problem though is players wanting a new contract, Jesus Hernandez already on £11.5k p/w wants a new deal worth double his current wage, he's not worth it, scores half the amount of goals as Maleck. I would rather sell him than give him that sort of deal. Another one is Jose Hernandez, who wants triple his current wage of £3.4k p/w, he's more worth it and starts on a lower wage anyway. I need to pick and choose who I give new contracts to more carefully. 

Lets move on to the transfer window opening and deals to be completed and look at how things are. 

66b9bd38f3dfc4dd983e0d3b1e35201b.png

95bee2f0dbeb9d6a74d6f021300466d9.png

The current wage expenditure is £30k p/w less than it was last season which is much better. 

Transfers

cfe23ef82d4811376ebd135f3e627c2b.png

a43cda40217f71589d17526c4e1805f5.png

a2339413e1ded71a63249926f01312e5.png

We've made some decent money this summer from selling Jimeno and Gallardo at the back of the season (we were actually still playing the play-offs), Vargas and his £7k p/w wage left when the domestic trasnfer window opened but then Puebla nicked starting right back Benitez from under our noses as that £2.2m was his release clause. Neri Colucci's £4.9m transfer to Estudiantes in Argentina didn't show up because he was in the B team when he left. Same with Pablo Lopez and Silvera who both left on free's.

We've made just under £12m on transfers and reduced the wage budget by £30k p/w but we're short in a couple of places now. We've promoted Jorge Alvarado (YP28a) to the first team but we still need another CM to add more depth. Robert Clavel, who has returned from being on loan in his native El Salvador can play there but I would prefer him out wide. We've also cut the loan of Rafael Chan short, he has progressed very well at Queretaro despite not getting the goals I thought he would. We're also a righ back short with Benitez having gone and we also need to look at another LW option, both as breakthrough/back-up options to keep the wages low. 

Finances

f2bd5316464e47e59f3b0ac28e3f9564.png

With all the transfers out, sponsorship and participation prize money coming in we've made some good money this season so far. 

ac64be5398e9f62b7889ba72da1b912f.png

Dare I say we should look at some more upgrades once our transfer business is finalised for the season. Although I wouldn't begrudge the board if they said no as we have pretty good facilities at the moment. 

dbd9d9dc16f549b92a1b1e2a0c71e873.png

Transfers - Sumer 2029

After reducing the wage budget, I set about filling the voids left in the squad. However, 

ae3ab2dd209532bf3255962640eebe71.png

First we had to deal with losing Dionisi for his release clause of £3.7m, I didn't twig he had one but when I went to offer him new terms he wanted £30k p/w, off you go son. 

9cd9f9739eec1161243f477f9a6c603d.png

Vargas and Esqueda are back-up/youth players. Helio Sergio was a cheap Dionisi replacement but can play all across the back line which helps with positional depth, we're paying him a bit more than I would like at £5.75k but the fact he can cover 2 or 3 positions means we don't need to bring in another defender. We then spend big (in relative terms) on Nicolas Luciano Bacolla from Racing Club. I looked at signing him last season but was quoted twice the price we paid for him now, again we're paying him £12.75k p/w but I think he will be worth it in the long run, if he performs well we can flog him for three or four times what we paid. 

880993d3d5f32a9b89d42f9da46eeaad.png

We've still got plenty of transfer budget remaining and just under £26k in the weekly wage budget. 

Youth Intake - March 2030

d2b4d4f77389831942e2fd65155e2f4c.png

Another excellent group of players. 

1204d46cf63275bbfe806d5a76154295.png

We only signed seven of the 16 players that came through the intake. I've tagged the two strikers. 

Alexis Flores (YP30a) - was deemed the top prospect when the intake came through as per his 'a' tag. We'll initially work on his attacking movement to increase his off the ball and anticipation attributes. 

Tomas Villarreal (YP30b) - he wasn't even catergorized as a elite talent until a week or so after the intitial intake. A Perfectionist personality so hopefully that stands him in good stead for huge improvements. I don't like any of his player traits so I will work on getting rid of as many as possible and add a few of my own. We'll also work on his ball control to improve dribbling, first touch and technique. 

Ignacio Cruz - I'll show him but I'm not sure what to make of him. We'll work on his defensive positioning and see how he goes.  

NxGN 2030

Again I'm only going to show this when it directly involves Cancun as a club. 

5ffaf8cc571270abe3d25f8e4022c261.png

Rafael Chan is the winner of this years NxGN. He's done really well this season so far, having hit 22 goals. 

f9bb93552402d6bca3f66d425e2dcf7d.png

We actually had 3rd place and 34th place also. Marco Antonio Castillejos has been a very good player for us this season despite not getting the goals/assists he probably should be supplying. Darlan Fernando is a player I haven't shown before becuase I didn't expect him to play for us, signed for just £8.25k (his release clause) from Brazilian side Flamengo, he was promoted to the first team this season and played well when called upon, whether at CM or makeshift RB. He wants to leave but has a £5.25m release clause which I hope someone meets. 

Mexican First Division Season Review - 2029/30

Opening Stage - 4th | Closing Stage - 9th

A real jekyll and hyde season overall, a high of 4th in the opening stage and subsequent overall win via the play-offs to 9th in the closing stage and out in the quarter finals. 

With four games to go in the opening stage we sat 7th, a poor position for a club that had only lost 2 games so far but four consecutive wins against Necaxa, Juarez, San Luis and Leon boosted us up to 4th. We entered the play-offs at the quarter final stage and faced America, a 3-1 aggregate win followed. Tigres next and it was similar to the quarters, a 1-1 first leg draw followed by a win, 3-1 this time time in their back yard. Again the final against Pumas followed suit, a opening leg draw and second leg win, 2-0 this time and another 3-1 aggregate scoreline. We were league Champions for the first time. 

Whilst we didn't do too badly in the closing stage as per the table, 10 points seperated 1st to 10th, we just didn't score the goals we should have. Just 19 goals in 17 games was pretty poor but we failed to find the consistency we did in the opening stage with our performances. We beat Atlas in the preliminary round but lost 3-1 on aggregate to Puebla in the quarters. 

We're currently up to 5th in the Average Points table with an average of 1.75. 

Mexican Cup - 2nd Round 

Unbeaten in our group with four wins and two draws but again another failure in the 2nd Round.  

Leagues Cup - Quarter Final

Such a pointless competition, we thashed New York City 5-1 before defeat by a solitary goal to Cruz Azul. 

NACL - Quarter Final

Four wins from four in the group stage, conceding just once. We thrashed Orlando 6-0 on aggregate in the 2ns round before Chivas defeated us 3-1 on aggregate. 

We've seen the first signs of the decline of Joao Maleck this season, despite that the now 31 year old scored 30 goals in 46(4) games. NxGn winner Rafael Chan ended the season with 23 goals playing alongside Joao. James Titterton ended the season as top assister with 21 whilst opposite wing player Gonzalez was the only other player to reach double figures with 13. 

We lost so much money this season, wages were slightly down on last season by around £100k overall, we spent £4.8m on transfers whislt our youth setup now costs us £4m per season and we improved the youth faciltiies again at a cost of £3m. We sold £14.6m worth of players this season, a new record whilst sponsorship now equates to £4.3m in income. 

We have a number of wanted players but I would only consider selling Darlan Fernando of those, whilst Titterton is now worth a minimum £9.5m so if a bid was made for him I would consider selling. 

10e4215de3e077233fcabf3a74cb38a6.png

4615abc446e4cb4a7411fda5eedc55d1.png

Its been a tough slog this season having not been on the game much over the weekend, I was thinking this may been my last season in Mexico but my youth intake just came through. 

Youth Intake - 2031

6f426e8346ff0aa2557272555ed65605.png

Promising. 

e78f6c2c607ff86a8721ba76d8c23bf9.png

What? Defenders or attackers. No inbetween. :confused:

8b805f3374ecbc987bce70f657e5e7bc.png

One elite talent doesn't mean this should be an excellent as there isn't much behind in terms of quality behind him. 

But the talent we do have is very good. Juan Hernandez (YP31a) is a deep lying forward which is a position I don't use but I could retrain him to be an attacking central midfielder. 

Mexican First Division Season Review - 2030/31

This is going to be brief because this is going to be my last season in Mexico, as a carry over save from the BETA I think its time to start afresh and somewhere a little more challenging. 

Opening Stage - 3rd | Closing Stage - 5th | Average Points Table

We're a consistent performer now in the league with the odd blip in one stage or another. We won the opening stage overall this season after finishing in 3rd place, we beat Monterrey, Pachucha and America on penalties in the final. 

A slightly poorer season in the closing stage but 5th nonetheless, we beat Leon and Pachuca in the play-offs before being hammered 6-1 on aggregate by Cruz Azul. 

We're no nearer to winning the Mexican Cup, we topped our group and then were drawn against Tampico Madero in the 2nd round, the team that finished 2nd in our group. We beat them, then Pachuca in the quarters before Chivas beat us 2-0 in the semi-final. 

We hammered DC United 8-2 in the first round of the Leagues Cup and then beat LA Galaxy 3-0 before losing 2-1 to Pachuca in the semi-final. 

In the NACL we lost our opening group game to fellow Mexican side Pumas before beating Chicago 1-0 and trouncing Edmonton and Dallas. Costa Rican side Alajuelense were next and we won narrowly 2-1 on aggregate before bowing out at the quarter final stage again to familiar foes Chivas. 

32 year old Joao Maleck was somewhat back to his best scoring 41 goals in 49(10) games also notching 13 assists. He signed a new contract this season, staying at the club for another two years and taking a wage reduction in the process. Rafael Chan scored 23 times whilst Marco Antonio Hernandez scored 20. James Titterton notched a club record 30 assists. 

We lost plenty of money this season but still end the season with circa £9m in the bank. 

78d94579678eb832a9a72f064d3b5ee7.png