Weigl 28m

Lacroix 25m

Isak 40m

Musiala 50m

Edwards 9m

Diaz 50m

There are too many Edwards? Which one?

22 hours ago, sidford said:

Didn't realise we start we so many gaps to fill in the staff. That 250k excess wage gets a good chunk taken out of it, think it's 8 scouts, chief scout, technical director, some analyst's & at least 3 coaches all need to be filled. That's before upgrading on assistant manager and hitchen. Think il be keeping assistant and hitchen for the first season and try and upgrade next year. 

Any staff suggestion? 

Edited by caveman

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, caveman said:

Any staff suggestion? 

https://www.passion4fm.com/football-manager-best-scouts/

https://www.passion4fm.com/football-manager-best-assistant-managers/

https://www.passion4fm.com/best-head-of-youth-development/

Would try them for suggestions as it will depend on what leagues you have. David trezeguet is probably the best free scout available but he'll want around 8k pw. 

Given the amount of staff you need to bring in would recommend sticking with as many existing staff as possible and leave upgrading to second season because there's 12+ staff that need to be brought in. 

21 hours ago, caveman said:

Any staff suggestion? 

Marcus Edwards. Paid 18m got half back. He is trained at club and is a good first team player until you get someone better. He's then a good squad player with hg status and can play across the attacking mid positions.

I'm getting some success with a 3 5 2

BPD

Libero (support) lacroix is brilliant here with his 18 pace and 13 dribbling.

BPD

Wb(a)

Wb(a)

Dlp(s)

Bwm (s)

Am(a)

CF (s)

Af(a)

Team instructions change depending on opponent. Positive mentality, defensive line, line of engagement and counter press change game to game. Will add pictures when get home.

18 hours ago, Gazza's Belly said:

I'm getting some success with a 3 5 2

BPD

Libero (support) lacroix is brilliant here with his 18 pace and 13 dribbling.

BPD

Wb(a)

Wb(a)

Dlp(s)

Bwm (s)

Am(a)

CF (s)

Af(a)

Team instructions change depending on opponent. Positive mentality, defensive line, line of engagement and counter press change game to game. Will add pictures when get home.

Id really like that, Im struggling to get the most out of my team, and i seem to have huge difficulties in away games against top 8 teams, including Newcastle. I wanna play with a back 3, as ive spent ALOT on Joško Gvardiol. Hes gonna be a beast :)

Cant get Romero to play good either, so i need to find a player suitable for the Libero role.

Looking forward to have a look at your tactics :)

Edited by Asada
No Lacroix

23 minutes ago, Asada said:

Id really like that, Im struggling to get the most out of my team, and i seem to have huge difficulties in away games against top 8 teams, including Newcastle. I wanna play with a back 3, as ive spent ALOT on Joško Gvardiol. Hes gonna be a beast :)

Cant get Romero to play good either, so i need to find a player suitable for the Libero role.

image.thumb.png.3732af99e413be4b85d8cb90bf75fa37.png

2 minutes ago, Gazza's Belly said:

image.thumb.png.3732af99e413be4b85d8cb90bf75fa37.png

I have the WB on stay wider. Finished 3rd in first season, occasionally against teams with fast strikers I drop the defensive line and engagement line a bit so they cant get in behind.

I almost had a 100% home record in the league. I agree away is much more tricky - the big losses away were me experimenting with team instructions. Still working on getting the balance right.

home.png

league.png

away.png

1 hour ago, Asada said:

A few of use have struggled with Romero. It could well be his Physicals that let him down + The current bug with Defending stats.

One more thing that could be sckewing this is that ratings for defenders are very broken ATM. Headers seem to be the driver behind a good rating.

I also has a suspision that in a back 4 it's the RCB that gets poor ratings, depending on what they do.

I even had a 7.7 rating as a Defender scored a goal, won 95% of his headers..... BUT he lost the ball 6/7 times leading to counter attacks, and gave away a stupid penalty (Lazy stickt he wrong leg out tackle).

7 hours ago, kwark said:

one season done and I'm kinda finished with it already lol.. just got mbappe transfer free

What did you finish?? Also Mbappe seems to be very open to joining lots of teams in game, whereas in real life it’s basically Real Madrid or bust. January update should help with that.

5 hours ago, Dustman2015 said:

What did you finish?? Also Mbappe seems to be very open to joining lots of teams in game, whereas in real life it’s basically Real Madrid or bust. January update should help with that.

my best season ever, so good it kinda broke the game lol

second one is going worse :D

fm_2021-11-21_12-49-15.thumb.jpg.9e2ef4499ec857fda5eecd47a9916a47.jpg

1 hour ago, sidford said:

Wow!! What tactics you use? Any player recommendations?

knaps kashmir 4-3-3, bought Isak at the start and then Merino and Sule in january

5 minutes ago, Dustman2015 said:

Also what skin is this??

OPZ elite

1 hour ago, Dustman2015 said:

How do you guys address the HGC issues with Europe? Do you keep Winks? Or bring back academy players like Edwards and Madueke or KWP?

I've had to keep winks & give him some token game time. Hoping to get some decent youth signings end of season to try and make sure it's not an issue for too long.

4 hours ago, Dustman2015 said:

How do you guys address the HGC issues with Europe? Do you keep Winks? Or bring back academy players like Edwards and Madueke or KWP?

Kept Winks as well, But I've only had the one save during Beta (Less Transfer funds etc). Bringing back Edwards Helps as well. sometimes I do a test signing\cub building save, where I'll look at more available Home Grown players. The lack of Hoemgrown also means players like Dele\Tanganga might need to be kept hold of initially.

2 hours ago, sidford said:

At start of game.do you have two tactics or just one? I've started with 1 in hope that familiarity happens sooner but not sure if best approach

In General I'd go with 1 until you have Tactical Familiarity, although this should be part of the Pre-season work as well. I'll share my Training I use specifically for this if needed? Also Match Review after Matches early on helps with this.

Once that's Trained, I'll normally use my Plan B, but that will be a max of 3 changes from the Primary tactic, So also Takes a Lot less time to gain Familiarity one.

Finally my Third will be a Future Tactic. This will be simlar instructions again, 2-3 changes max from Primary and a few tweaks on Roles (I.E my Planned 4-1-2-3 for Devine\Sarr to come into). Normally that's Januray I start with that, Mind you, in my save that won't happen until season 3.

So Training:

This is 1 Match Pre-Season:

image.thumb.png.b015a361ff3edf6d72a28648ee347969.png

If you look at the top Right, Familiatiry is almost Maxed. Which means the team will gain a lot of Familiarity on this week. I run this in Pre-season until Tactial Familiarity is maxed. Match Review also Helps

I move towards this for the 1 Match week during the season:

image.thumb.png.cdde57e3953cff13f92edf3c36c64955.png

All players in all sqauds will be put onto role training for what role I play them unless there is area's to improve (Many youth players are training as AMC-SS, or MC - Roaming play Maker (Conentration), or BWM (Marking). This means on the match training, all attributes in the individual roles get covered.

Match Prep the day before gets changed for oppenents. Match review gets dropped when we are at Max Familiarity

Whilst there is 3 units, I pay good attention to the Intensity, especially close to match day.

Edited by plcarlos

Anyone else finding their players are absolutely shattered all the time? I like that they've made it more realistic in that sense but in season twom where it's Saturday-Wednesday-Saturday-Wednesday relentessly all season to accomodate the December World Cup Im finding my players can barely cope. I've gone to a slow, patient, possession game so the intensity in my tactic has dropped considerably, but it still isn't really helping.

13 hours ago, enders357 said:

Anyone else finding their players are absolutely shattered all the time? I like that they've made it more realistic in that sense but in season twom where it's Saturday-Wednesday-Saturday-Wednesday relentessly all season to accomodate the December World Cup Im finding my players can barely cope. I've gone to a slow, patient, possession game so the intensity in my tactic has dropped considerably, but it still isn't really helping.

rotate more and rest them more, I'm still using the no training until 90% condition and then double intensity and it seems to hold up ok

2 hours ago, kwark said:

rotate more and rest them more, I'm still using the no training until 90% condition and then double intensity and it seems to hold up ok

That seems brilliant! I’m going to try that as well.

I rotate with the kids a lot, giving Devine, White, Scarlett, Clarke and Sarr a chance to contribute and keep the squad fresh 

20 hours ago, enders357 said:

Squad building (Min 2 per position, + 1-3 Youth\Utility Players), Using subs effecienetly, Squad Rotation.

Season 1 I won the league doing this. I say that, but I noticed my players we much fresher than the opposition. Liverpool basically lost the title due to fitness issues, and injuries.

Season 2 Same thing is happening with Man Utd, who are now losing from March onwards. Right now, I regret the loan for Gill I made, as an extra player in the AMC\L\R strata would be handy.

Recovery, Rest, Rest after match day as well. Helps with reducing injury risk more than 3 x rest does:

image.png.c7b348156b447e50c5c585b4ebf4b022.png

Look at the heart icons in this version, you have different shades. If you have a darker\duller greeen, the player is tired (Hover over the heart icon and you'll see it). That's a player who should be considered if they can be rotated. If not you can also push for the first 45-60 minutes, get the result, then bring those players off.

To add - I'm just at the end of a big run:

image.png.dc72072ec7cd1a4f64306ff97589df45.png

This is My next weeks schedule, and exactly the type I use during the congestion you come up against. At this point, the team need little training or they'll break. they work more the next week.

image.thumb.png.1efb9c745a0a42e5cc61f23dbd6727cd.png

We are 3-0 up from the first leg, so may well rotate a few players. Kane is having a few shockers, so Scarlett may play with the goal of Moving the defence back and creating more space for the AM attacing line.

Winks has been supridingly good Especially when you get rid of the short simple passes.

Edited by plcarlos

On 23/11/2021 at 18:37, plcarlos said:

Squad building (Min 2 per position, + 1-3 Youth\Utility Players), Using subs effecienetly, Squad Rotation.

Season 1 I won the league doing this. I say that, but I noticed my players we much fresher than the opposition. Liverpool basically lost the title due to fitness issues, and injuries.

Season 2 Same thing is happening with Man Utd, who are now losing from March onwards. Right now, I regret the loan for Gill I made, as an extra player in the AMC\L\R strata would be handy.

Recovery, Rest, Rest after match day as well. Helps with reducing injury risk more than 3 x rest does:

Look at the heart icons in this version, you have different shades. If you have a darker\duller greeen, the player is tired (Hover over the heart icon and you'll see it). That's a player who should be considered if they can be rotated. If not you can also push for the first 45-60 minutes, get the result, then bring those players off.

This is My next weeks schedule, and exactly the type I use during the congestion you come up against. At this point, the team need little training or they'll break. they work more the next week.

We are 3-0 up from the first leg, so may well rotate a few players. Kane is having a few shockers, so Scarlett may play with the goal of Moving the defence back and creating more space for the AM attacing line.

Winks has been supridingly good Especially when you get rid of the short simple passes.

Can you upload your schedules? 

On 23/11/2021 at 18:37, plcarlos said:

Thanks for this really comprehensive reply (and apologies for my slow response!). I've never taken on training responsibility, aside from assigning my coaches and setting additional focuses for my players. It looks pretty daunting... do i have the potential to royally screw my team if I get it wrong? And what would you advise for pre-season? Thanks

16 hours ago, enders357 said:

Thanks for this really comprehensive reply (and apologies for my slow response!). I've never taken on training responsibility, aside from assigning my coaches and setting additional focuses for my players. It looks pretty daunting... do i have the potential to royally screw my team if I get it wrong? And what would you advise for pre-season? Thanks

Nothing wrong with leaving it to the Asistant Manager if training is not your thing. You can do that and it should be fine. Getting an AM who has a tacial preference to more how you want to play is advised in this, as imagine the training being done based on a long ball game plan - It would not be the ideal training if you are playing a short passing game..

Pre-season is aplit into 2 parts for me - Physical and Tacitical. The goal is to get Physical work done early, and Gain Tactical Famliiarity quickly.

Week 1 is Heavy on Physical. Week 2 onwards is a Physcial + Tactical Famliarity weeks.

I try to get around 4 matches to get Match fit. By Arranging them myself, I get the training week I want, rest into players from internationals, and can push the weaeker\developing players.

Training can be daunting if you've never done it, but it's something I've done a lot - I've read and adapted the Ajax TIPS training that's posted on here, and use that for my youth team and will add that yo my U23's as well. That's 3 Schedules.

For the 1st team, I've moved to a single trainng schedule for 1 match and another for the mid-week matches. The only tweak I do is the day before - Tactical work - Like setting Defensive shape before the games vs Man UTD\Liverpool etc.

This means I have 5 Schedules, and It's as simple as loading them.

However - My Training is all aimed at specific Mental\Technical and Physical Attribute imporvements that I want in my team overall.

Rashidi has a simple approach as well that you can find on youtube if tranings not your thing. You can look into that, or you can leave it o the AM, and tweak the day before training now and then.

17 minutes ago, plcarlos said:

Nothing wrong with leaving it to the Asistant Manager if training is not your thing. You can do that and it should be fine. Getting an AM who has a tacial preference to more how you want to play is advised in this, as imagine the training being done based on a long ball game plan - It would not be the ideal training if you are playing a short passing game..

Pre-season is aplit into 2 parts for me - Physical and Tacitical. The goal is to get Physical work done early, and Gain Tactical Famliiarity quickly.

Week 1 is Heavy on Physical. Week 2 onwards is a Physcial + Tactical Famliarity weeks.

I try to get around 4 matches to get Match fit. By Arranging them myself, I get the training week I want, rest into players from internationals, and can push the weaeker\developing players.

Training can be daunting if you've never done it, but it's something I've done a lot - I've read and adapted the Ajax TIPS training that's posted on here, and use that for my youth team and will add that yo my U23's as well. That's 3 Schedules.

For the 1st team, I've moved to a single trainng schedule for 1 match and another for the mid-week matches. The only tweak I do is the day before - Tactical work - Like setting Defensive shape before the games vs Man UTD\Liverpool etc.

This means I have 5 Schedules, and It's as simple as loading them.

However - My Training is all aimed at specific Mental\Technical and Physical Attribute imporvements that I want in my team overall.

Rashidi has a simple approach as well that you can find on youtube if tranings not your thing. You can look into that, or you can leave it o the AM, and tweak the day before training now and then.

Thanks again! I got well in to Training research laat night. Can't believe I've never done it myself before. Quite exciting to be doing something new on Football Manager after all this time... let's see how it goes.

On 24/11/2021 at 19:02, woody8345 said:

i tried downloading it but couldnt find it in any of my folders any ideas?

You'll need to extract in to a folder named /schedules (make your own if it isn't there. Check out the bottom of this article: https://footballmanagerstory.com/football-manager-2022-training-guide-best-fm-22-training-schedules/

Edited by enders357

How good has Dane Scarlett been for you guys?

So back in November Kane got a knee inuring about 15 minutes into a match...so I bring on my backup forward that I signed for relatively cheap, Andrea Petagna.  He's done well for me in Europe so far with 5 goals and 3 assists, 8 and 4 in all competitions.  Anyway, he came on and right before halftime...knee injury.  Both are out for nearly two months.  Sonny finished the game up top, but he wasn't very good.  Mind you, Son isn't very good anywhere I play him it seems.  So anyway, Son is out of form and Kane and Petagna are injured, I got some easier games coming up so I stick in Scarlett.

I'm currently towards the end of January, Scarlett has made 15 appearances in all competitions and scored 21 goals (and assisting 4 more.)  Every match he plays he's a constant goalscoring threat, I'd say even more so than Kane had been.  In the last match I destroyed Leicester with Scarlett scoring a perfect hattrick (first time I'd noticed the commentary mention that.)  His potential seems to be at the high end of his range too from the looks of things, so I'm very excited to see how he develops.  Since Kane came back into the team I've dropped him (HK) back to AM, I'm hopeful that he'll be able to provide many assists to go along with his goals though I'm not sure what position would be best for Harry.

6 hours ago, KevMS84 said:

How good has Dane Scarlett been for you guys?

So back in November Kane got a knee inuring about 15 minutes into a match...so I bring on my backup forward that I signed for relatively cheap, Andrea Petagna.  He's done well for me in Europe so far with 5 goals and 3 assists, 8 and 4 in all competitions.  Anyway, he came on and right before halftime...knee injury.  Both are out for nearly two months.  Sonny finished the game up top, but he wasn't very good.  Mind you, Son isn't very good anywhere I play him it seems.  So anyway, Son is out of form and Kane and Petagna are injured, I got some easier games coming up so I stick in Scarlett.

I'm currently towards the end of January, Scarlett has made 15 appearances in all competitions and scored 21 goals (and assisting 4 more.)  Every match he plays he's a constant goalscoring threat, I'd say even more so than Kane had been.  In the last match I destroyed Leicester with Scarlett scoring a perfect hattrick (first time I'd noticed the commentary mention that.)  His potential seems to be at the high end of his range too from the looks of things, so I'm very excited to see how he develops.  Since Kane came back into the team I've dropped him (HK) back to AM, I'm hopeful that he'll be able to provide many assists to go along with his goals though I'm not sure what position would be best for Harry.

That's spectacular from Scarlett! Im at the start of season three. In my first season he managed one league goal in 3 sub appearances and a couple more in some cup and Conference League games. Second season I loaned him to Sheffield Wednesday (League One) and ge got 9 in 24 for them and was progressing really well so I recalled him in January and got him a Championship loan at West Brom for the rest of the season where he got a good average rating, but only 5 goals in 19 (in a team that came second). This year he's going out on loan to PSV and I'm planning on integrating him in my fourth season, when he's 20. Jamie Donley has been progresing really well too, so there's competition. 

I've also found Son to be pretty crap for me wherever I play him, and Kane has really underperformed too, scoring only 21 league goals in my two season combined. I signed Vlahovic at the start of my second season and Adeyemi in January (only £17.5m! Couldn't say no), so it's not a mjor concern that Son and Kane aren't doing well but it's really frustrating. Tbh, Ive never got Son playing well in any previous iteration of the game either. Would love to hear from anyone who has Kane and Son scoring loads.

21 hours ago, enders357 said:

That's spectacular from Scarlett! Im at the start of season three. In my first season he managed one league goal in 3 sub appearances and a couple more in some cup and Conference League games. Second season I loaned him to Sheffield Wednesday (League One) and ge got 9 in 24 for them and was progressing really well so I recalled him in January and got him a Championship loan at West Brom for the rest of the season where he got a good average rating, but only 5 goals in 19 (in a team that came second). This year he's going out on loan to PSV and I'm planning on integrating him in my fourth season, when he's 20. Jamie Donley has been progresing really well too, so there's competition. 

I've also found Son to be pretty crap for me wherever I play him, and Kane has really underperformed too, scoring only 21 league goals in my two season combined. I signed Vlahovic at the start of my second season and Adeyemi in January (only £17.5m! Couldn't say no), so it's not a mjor concern that Son and Kane aren't doing well but it's really frustrating. Tbh, Ive never got Son playing well in any previous iteration of the game either. Would love to hear from anyone who has Kane and Son scoring loads.

In my Spurs save last year I managed to get Son into beast mode, he was my teams primary goalscorer for the first few years getting 30+ goals each season.  But versions before that and so far in this one, I just can't seem to get him firing.  He has the odd great match but otherwise, meh.  Kane can be hit or miss for me as well, but he seems to do a bit better.

And yeah, I was quite surprised the first couple of matches I had Scarlett in and he scored a brace in each (while having a goal disallowed in each as well) so I felt that I had to keep playing him aside from the odd rest here and there.  He's continued to be one of my more dangerous players, keeps getting into good positions even if his finishing can occasionally be erratic.  Part of why I prefer to have Kane in AM is I like to play a more aggressive and quick direct passing game and Harry is just to slow to take advantage of those balls over the top that Scarlett can latch on to more regularly.  I had thought such a tactic would be good for Sonny, but not really so far.  While Scarlett's production has slowed down, he's still doing well and I'm very interested to see how he finishes the season.

19 minutes ago, KevMS84 said:

In my Spurs save last year I managed to get Son into beast mode, he was my teams primary goalscorer for the first few years getting 30+ goals each season.  But versions before that and so far in this one, I just can't seem to get him firing.  He has the odd great match but otherwise, meh.  Kane can be hit or miss for me as well, but he seems to do a bit better.

And yeah, I was quite surprised the first couple of matches I had Scarlett in and he scored a brace in each (while having a goal disallowed in each as well) so I felt that I had to keep playing him aside from the odd rest here and there.  He's continued to be one of my more dangerous players, keeps getting into good positions even if his finishing can occasionally be erratic.  Part of why I prefer to have Kane in AM is I like to play a more aggressive and quick direct passing game and Harry is just to slow to take advantage of those balls over the top that Scarlett can latch on to more regularly.  I had thought such a tactic would be good for Sonny, but not really so far.  While Scarlett's production has slowed down, he's still doing well and I'm very interested to see how he finishes the season.

I've had some sucess in the posted Tactic I put up with Kane, he got plenty of Goals, less assists than I had hoped for. Son had scored a few more, but I hindered Son with a short passing game, which meant he was getting into the box when it was packed when Kane fed him, so lots of blocked shots did not help. I've moved a bit more direct myself (Standard passing now), and that seems to have helped Both players.

Part of the issue with Son, is CA. CA is made up of his attributes, but because he's natural in so many positions, his CA is therefore split over them vs being a specialist in specific areas. He's doing well for me, but mainly as he's on corners, and I've setup to use them (Every little advantage Helps).

Kane as an AM can work very well - His attributes are outstanding for being a roaming AMC that can play people in. I've used him in previous FM's like this for Scarlett, and the AML\AMR That I have running in behind. I'll likely do similar again in this version, depending on who I buy\bring in.

Kane can be hit and miss for me as well. Mainly it's his lack of physicals. I extend him by having him traing lifetime Agility\Balance (Low on him anyway, and drops off quickly as per the FM Over 32+ physical decline) I use him as the DLF to get late runs into the box, feeding the AML\AMR and others, sometimes getting in as the main striker - Sometimes it's working out how best to get the player to perform. I don't like the Dribbling with Kane, not his strong point, and so tend not to use the CF-S\AF role with him for that.

Scarlett's Pace is what seems to me to be what helps him. I've noticed in many versions that the Strikers with Pace\acceleration seemed to move in\out of space better than slower players espscially in the AF role - I mean the movment off the ball, and 1 touch link up. Not the on the ball movement. That's a shame, as the intellegence of kane should allow him to pick up spaces and move better IMHO.