FM 22- Tottenham- The Painful Rebuild.

Dustman2015

As discussed above, I've started taking training recently for the first time. Keen to know how worried I should be by two or three players unhappy with training? They still seem to be "Delighted" overall but are unhappy with training. In Noni Madueke's case he's nhappy not to be getting enough quickness training, so I gave him individual quickness training, and he was immediately unhappy that he was doing too much quickness training!!

I've never noticed if players are nhappy with training when the AM takes care of it. 

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, enders357 said:

As discussed above, I've started taking training recently for the first time. Keen to know how worried I should be by two or three players unhappy with training? They still seem to be "Delighted" overall but are unhappy with training. In Noni Madueke's case he's nhappy not to be getting enough quickness training, so I gave him individual quickness training, and he was immediately unhappy that he was doing too much quickness training!!

I've never noticed if players are nhappy with training when the AM takes care of it. 

Players will moan. Normally this can be a indication of personality. Maybe a case where the player should be in a mentoring group (I do this until I get a preferred personality vs a Balanced etc.)

In this case, I'd definitly look at personality, as it sounds he'll complain a lot anyway. So Get him Mentored Early. This is the new Tutoring that we had in the past which was massively OP.

You can counter the lack of quicknes training with either a physical, or a role training that targets\includes it - Although you'll need a session that covers "individual roles"

2nd January in first season, first with 14 wins, 3 defeats and 2 losses. That bloody lot are only a couple of points behind and have the best defensive record in the league, don't know how that can happen with their "process" manager.

Just offered a contract to mbappe, max guaranteed wage I could give him was 275k so bumped up on add-ons. He'll cost a bloody fortune but worth it. No one else in for him yet, so tempted to sim forward 2 weeks to see if he accepts (obviously I won't but the thoughts of him & balon d'Or winner Kane up front with Adeyemi is something to look forward to)

3 hours ago, plcarlos said:

Players will moan. Normally this can be a indication of personality. Maybe a case where the player should be in a mentoring group (I do this until I get a preferred personality vs a Balanced etc.)

In this case, I'd definitly look at personality, as it sounds he'll complain a lot anyway. So Get him Mentored Early. This is the new Tutoring that we had in the past which was massively OP.

You can counter the lack of quicknes training with either a physical, or a role training that targets\includes it - Although you'll need a session that covers "individual roles"

Cheers!

Guess the game is realistic enough, after I offered mbappe a contract both pool and Madrid offered him one and he chose Madrid for 450k a week with 70k appearance fee so good bit above my 275K and 140k appearance. Ah well he has a **** celebration anyway. 

Is Haaland achievable for spurs after first season? I'm top of league at start at Jan so expect a top 4 finish at worst but hopefully might keep up good run now that Adeyemi has a work permit after banging in goals in Holland for Feyenoord. 

Hopefully post up a few screenshots tomorrow but PEH and Gil have been revelations for me, Madrid want PEH and even though he's done well might cash in and go with ward prowse to help with home grown.

16 hours ago, sidford said:

Guess the game is realistic enough, after I offered mbappe a contract both pool and Madrid offered him one and he chose Madrid for 450k a week with 70k appearance fee so good bit above my 275K and 140k appearance. Ah well he has a **** celebration anyway. 

Is Haaland achievable for spurs after first season? I'm top of league at start at Jan so expect a top 4 finish at worst but hopefully might keep up good run now that Adeyemi has a work permit after banging in goals in Holland for Feyenoord. 

Hopefully post up a few screenshots tomorrow but PEH and Gil have been revelations for me, Madrid want PEH and even though he's done well might cash in and go with ward prowse to help with home grown.

Haland went to City for £330k p/w with a £56k appearance fee and £52k goal bonus (and considering he scored 41 league goals for them in season 2 and has 19 in 14 in the league so far in season 3, he's doing pretty well for himself!)

Obviously Haaland is insanely good, but both Vlahovic and Adeyemi are extremely good and are very achieveable for Spurs. I got Adeyemi for £17.5m in January 2023.

57 minutes ago, enders357 said:

Haland went to City for £330k p/w with a £56k appearance fee and £52k goal bonus (and considering he scored 41 league goals for them in season 2 and has 19 in 14 in the league so far in season 3, he's doing pretty well for himself!)

Obviously Haaland is insanely good, but both Vlahovic and Adeyemi are extremely good and are very achieveable for Spurs. I got Adeyemi for £17.5m in January 2023.

Yea haaland could well be off table at those sort of wages. Suppose I just got bit carried away with thoughts of having Kane, son, Adeyemi, Gil and mbappe/haaland as options for front 3. Might "settle" for vlahovic as longer term replacement for Kane & Son. 

James ward prowse seems to be doing well in my version and from a few others I've seen, he worth picking up for a 3 man midfield?

Ward-Prowse could well get insane ratings due to his Set Pieces, considering how OP some of them are in this version so far. That will account for a alot of signings at least. It's also an area the squad is not good in - very few set-piece takers.

Squad Building, I have a LOT of rules - Rarely will I sign a Big\OP player - That rules out Mbappe\Haaland for me. Vlahovic is not really doing much for me as yet. Scarlett is out-doing him a lot

In my Save, Haaland went to City, Mbappe to Man UTD, City are now linked with Felix as per usual, I'm still scouting lower players that I can improve.

Still in season 2, but very slow progress, as I'm trawling through the youth intakes on a daily basis now. My own Golden Generation prediction came through as 6 players that could make the squad based on attribute starting points, and star ratings. Worth noting, i pay way more attention to starting attributes than star rating on youth intake. It's a method that has done well for me over the years. I either get a Home-Grown player, or I get a £15M+ player I can sell on later.

38 minutes ago, sidford said:

Yea haaland could well be off table at those sort of wages. Suppose I just got bit carried away with thoughts of having Kane, son, Adeyemi, Gil and mbappe/haaland as options for front 3. Might "settle" for vlahovic as longer term replacement for Kane & Son. 

James ward prowse seems to be doing well in my version and from a few others I've seen, he worth picking up for a 3 man midfield?

You could always ask the board to negotiate for Haaland. I've asked them twice over three seasons - once for Aruajo and once for Kimmich, and they spent well over the available transfer budget for both and, for Kimmich, offered him £325pk p/w.

24 minutes ago, enders357 said:

You could always ask the board to negotiate for Haaland. I've asked them twice over three seasons - once for Aruajo and once for Kimmich, and they spent well over the available transfer budget for both and, for Kimmich, offered him £325pk p/w.

Could try it alright but Willow's younger brother Levy isn't too hospitable but if I get the chance to get Haaland il probably ask alright. 

Kimmich is some signing, he listed by Bayern? I know the game isn't perfect but they do a great job ensuring that every save is different with different players becoming available for transfer, falling out with managers etc. 

Not listed, no. I scouted and he seemed interested. I asked his agent and they said he'd probably be available for 70-85m, which is a steal for him. I was as shocked as you guys are, especially as I only had £35m in my budget and asked the board to negotiate it, and they actually went and got him! I've never asked the board to do that in any previous version of the game. Have a go!

I've never had Kimmich before and am quite excited (he hasn't joined yet - the deal was done in November 2023 and he's arriving shortly in January 2024).

EDIT: Just looking now, and the only things I can see that would possibly lead to him being open to a move are that his contract expires in 18 months (summer 2025) and Bayern did not win the Bundesliga last season. I won the League Cup, Europa League and finished 4th so hardly amazing. I do have Sule and Adeyemi (and I have the German fix on so they're international teammates of Kimmich's, so maybe that has some sway. 🤷

EDIT EDIT!! Tell a lie, they did win the Bundesliga in both seasons so far. Nagelsmann is still in charge. As I say, have a go yourselves!

Edited by enders357

I’m playing the Xbox version so some things aren’t a factor for me, including tactic familiarity and (I love this one) squad registration rules. 
With those caveats out the way, here goes a quick rundown of season 1. 

Ins (fees are totals, there are lots of add ons and game played clauses included so may never reach these amounts)

Goncalo Inacio (£25m) 

Kalvin Phillips (£50m)

Raphina (£55m)

Vlahovic (£58m)

Adeyemi (£11m)

I thought that was my business done, but the day before the window closed Phillips got a 3-4 month injury so I got Fabian in for £40m

Outs:

Lucas £15m to Milan

Sanchez £15m to Inter

Clarke on loan to Blackburn

i tried desperately to shift Lo Celso and Ndombele but no one was keen (well Newcastle wanted GLC but he wasn’t having it)  

I used a lot of different tactics but mainly a 4-2-4. Kane and Vlahovic up front was ridiculously good and Raphina was incredible. Defence struggled at times and Lloris had a couple of absolute nightmares but we did really well first half of the season overall. Cruised through ECL group with 6 wins and Adeyimi and Dele up top scoring tons of goals. Also cruised into Carabao semis (we’ll play Leicester). In the PL we were 2nd behind a ridiculously good Liverpool. We were 8 points behind them, but 4 clear of Arsenal and Man UFC. 

Into January and I didn’t really plan on buying anyone, but then Bayern came in for Rodon (who’d barely played) and Valencia for Doherty so out they went for a combined £50m and in came Devyne Rensch for £18m. Then I saw a few clubs sniffing around Ryan Gravenberch and I loved him in FM21 and think he’s excellent IRL, so I dropped £40m on him. I also picked up Nemanja Jovic from Partizan (we played them in the ECL and he was excellent) for £3m but loaned him back to them. 

We got into the Carabao final and played Arsenal, they’d been in good form and I was scared so played a 4-3-3. We stifled them and won 1-0. First silverware!

We continued to stroll through the ECL despite facing Monaco and Feyenoord. PSV we’re waiting in the final. 

First we needed to finish the league campaign. We couldn’t catch Liverpool, but closed the gap to 6 points while finishing 2 clear of Man UFC while Villa (!) claimed 4th. 

Onto the ECL final, and I wasn’t scared of PSV so played the 4-2-4 l and we won 3-0. 

A very good first season.

Vlahovic scored 38 in all comps, Kane had 36. Dele and Adeyimi both had over 20 each with Adeyemi finishing as top scorer in the ECL with 15. Son, Raphina and Bergwijn all got into double figures also. 
Raphina had 28 assists in all comps and Phillips had 14 in half a season. Son and Bergwijn had double figures too.

Onto season 2 and I’ll be looking for 2 goalkeepers (Hugo wanted far too much money for someone who cost us too many goals), a CB a RB and a LB back up. Leaving will be Hojbjerg, Winks, Royal, Tanganga, Lo Celso (I hope) and maybe Ndombele. 

COYS

9 minutes ago, edgar555 said:

I’m playing the Xbox version so some things aren’t a factor for me, including tactic familiarity and (I love this one) squad registration rules. 
With those caveats out the way, here goes a quick rundown of season 1. 

Ins (fees are totals, there are lots of add ons and game played clauses included so may never reach these amounts)

Goncalo Inacio (£25m) 

Kalvin Phillips (£50m)

Raphina (£55m)

Vlahovic (£58m)

Adeyemi (£11m)

I thought that was my business done, but the day before the window closed Phillips got a 3-4 month injury so I got Fabian in for £40m

Outs:

Lucas £15m to Milan

Sanchez £15m to Inter

Clarke on loan to Blackburn

i tried desperately to shift Lo Celso and Ndombele but no one was keen (well Newcastle wanted GLC but he wasn’t having it)  

I used a lot of different tactics but mainly a 4-2-4. Kane and Vlahovic up front was ridiculously good and Raphina was incredible. Defence struggled at times and Lloris had a couple of absolute nightmares but we did really well first half of the season overall. Cruised through ECL group with 6 wins and Adeyimi and Dele up top scoring tons of goals. Also cruised into Carabao semis (we’ll play Leicester). In the PL we were 2nd behind a ridiculously good Liverpool. We were 8 points behind them, but 4 clear of Arsenal and Man UFC. 

Into January and I didn’t really plan on buying anyone, but then Bayern came in for Rodon (who’d barely played) and Valencia for Doherty so out they went for a combined £50m and in came Devyne Rensch for £18m. Then I saw a few clubs sniffing around Ryan Gravenberch and I loved him in FM21 and think he’s excellent IRL, so I dropped £40m on him. I also picked up Nemanja Jovic from Partizan (we played them in the ECL and he was excellent) for £3m but loaned him back to them. 

We got into the Carabao final and played Arsenal, they’d been in good form and I was scared so played a 4-3-3. We stifled them and won 1-0. First silverware!

We continued to stroll through the ECL despite facing Monaco and Feyenoord. PSV we’re waiting in the final. 

First we needed to finish the league campaign. We couldn’t catch Liverpool, but closed the gap to 6 points while finishing 2 clear of Man UFC while Villa (!) claimed 4th. 

Onto the ECL final, and I wasn’t scared of PSV so played the 4-2-4 l and we won 3-0. 

A very good first season.

Vlahovic scored 38 in all comps, Kane had 36. Dele and Adeyimi both had over 20 each with Adeyemi finishing as top scorer in the ECL with 15. Son, Raphina and Bergwijn all got into double figures also. 
Raphina had 28 assists in all comps and Phillips had 14 in half a season. Son and Bergwijn had double figures too.

Onto season 2 and I’ll be looking for 2 goalkeepers (Hugo wanted far too much money for someone who cost us too many goals), a CB a RB and a LB back up. Leaving will be Hojbjerg, Winks, Royal, Tanganga, Lo Celso (I hope) and maybe Ndombele. 

COYS

What a season! That’s awesome

So summer is done and we’re about to start the dumb WC affected 22/23 season. 

Transfers in: 

Onana £25m

Etienne Green £12m from St Etienne as Onana’s back up

Dest £25m

Maxence Lacroix £30m

Nuno Mendes £37m (I’ve no idea why PSG didn’t sign him on a permanent deal)

Manuel Akanji £25m

i did not pay the £43m for Romero, he was good last season but not incredible and was often injured/tired after international duty. 

out went:

Hojbjerg, Tanganga, Davies, Winks on permanent deals. Lo Celso, Royal and Gil left on loans. Scarlett and Parrott also on loan but I definitely want at least Dane back. 

I’ve rejigged the tactic for this season and this is what the squad looks like:

GK (SK/DE) Onana/Green

DR (FB/At) Dest/Rensch

DC (BPD/De) Lacroix/Dier

DC (CD/De) Inacio/Akanji

DL (FB/At) Mendes/Reguillon

DMC (DM/Su) Phillips/Skipp

MCL (AP/Su) Fabian/Gravenberch/Ndombele 

MR (IW/Su) Son/Bergwijn

AML (TQ) Raphina/Jovic

AMCR (SS) Kane/Dele

ST (P) Vlahovic/Adeyemi

Devine and White will come up and offer midfield cover if needed. 
I’m unconvinced that MR is right for Son/Bergy but we’ll see how they do.
Kane has been made captain with Sonny as his VC. 
Aside from Kane and Son this is a very young squad, our first choice CB’s are 22 and 20!! Let’s see how they all get on, might be another season away from a PL challenge and the CL will be a good learning experience this time around. 

COYS

Edited by edgar555

1 hour ago, sidford said:

Who have you replaced lloris with? Onana looks about best option that is actually obtainable but there does seem to be a shortage of decent keepers

I got Onana, but wanted Livakovic, only problem was he failed his work permit. Cakir is a good option, but he's not a sweeper keeper so wasn't a choice I could get behind. Meslier from Leeds looks a likely candidate too.

Anyone have any issues with players getting annoyed because of resting them for a game? Left out Adeyemi & 2 other starters for FA cup game as wanted to give them a rest but now all 3 wanted chats due to this. All 3 are bloody starters so it's annoying but looks like.no choice but run them.into ground now hoping they don't get injured

3 hours ago, sidford said:

Anyone have any issues with players getting annoyed because of resting them for a game? Left out Adeyemi & 2 other starters for FA cup game as wanted to give them a rest but now all 3 wanted chats due to this. All 3 are bloody starters so it's annoying but looks like.no choice but run them.into ground now hoping they don't get injured

Playing pathway and expectations are much to play here:

Don't have too many Star Players - 1/2 at most. Same with Important players. Both of these will expect to be playing 90-95% of your games. You can mitigate this by pre-advising that you plan to rest them when they are tired, maybe you can do this before (Not tested this as yet)

Regular Starters will need to be playing maybe 80% of games, anything more will lead to issues there. My Fullbacks are "concerned" with playing time ATM, that's as I rotate them a lot, but I'l try to mitigate this.

Be very carefull with what playing time you allocate as it can have a big affect.

Be Careful with pathway playing time as well. If the wonderkid you signed 4 seasons ago was expecting squad player status, that can lead to issues as well.

It's all done to reduce the hoarding of players and such

Second season in the bag. We were runners up in the PL again to Liverpool. Again. Only 5 points behind them this time. But gutting to get 98 points and not win the league. We were top scorers though with 109 goals. 

We lost in the CL semis to Liverpool as they won that for the second year in a row. 

we lost to Everton in the FA cup quarter final. Liverpool won that. 

We lost to Liverpool in the Carabao semi. Guess who won the final? 

Liverpool were already brilliant but they signed Haaland. He’s literally a cheat code. He scored 65 goals in 56 games. WTF. 

For us, Vlahovic top scored with 37 in all comps. Kane had 30. Dele, Adeyimi and Son all got into double figures. Raphina had 9. 

Talking of Raphina, he had 28 assists and was Players Player and Footballer of the Year with a 7.93 avg rating in the PL!!

other top assisters were Kane with 16, Gravenberch with 11 and Nuno Mendes and Dest with 10 each. 

we had 5 players in the team of the year, Lacroix, Son, Gravenberch, Raphina and Vlahovic. The other 6 were all from Liverpool. Obviously. 

I only made one January signing, bringing in Antony from Ajax. He was a bit disappointing. Still hopefully he’s settled now and can kick on. 

I’ve already signed Yusuf Demir on a free and other than him I’ll be looking to upgrade on Kalvin Phillips at DMC. 

COYS

Moving on and summer business is done (unless someone comes with a stupid bid for one of the lads).

In:

Yusuf Demir FREE

Cher Ndour (from Benfica B) FREE

Federico Valverde £72m. I had to pay the full release clause. I was bidding with add ons and stuff and got up to £100m total but they weren't letting go. I don't like to do an all in fee but he's worth it.

Out:

Bryan Gil £8m to Borussia Monchengladbach

Carter-Vickers FREE to Bologna

Lo Celso ANOTHER FREAKING LOAN to Betis, has a optional future fee of £15m

Parrott loan to Wolfsburg

Ndombel finally gone, Napoli £8.5m

Sessegnon £17.75m to West Ham

Jack Clarke on loan again, this time it's Coventry

Still trying to sell Emerson Royal and loan out Ndour and Pape Matar Sarr.

So barring any madness the squad looks like this:

GK (SK/DE) Onana/Green

DR (FB/At) Dest/Rensch

DC (BPD/De) Lacroix/Dier

DC (CD/De) Inacio/Akanji

DMC (DM/Su) Valverde/Phillips/Skipp

MCL (AP/Su) Gravenberch/Fabian/Devine

MR (IW/Su) Son/Antony/Bergwijn

AML (TQ) Raphina/Jovic/Dele

AMCR (SS) Kane/Demir/Dele

ST (P) Vlahovic/Adeyemi

It's going to be hard to keep Dier, Reguillon, Dele and Phillips happy with the amount I intend to start them. Let's see how that works out.

We have genuine world class players at every position and some excellent back ups. I don't think it's enough to beat Liverpool though. They've got Dybala as well as Haaland, Salah and Mane. It's legit frightening. Oh and we get them in the Community Shield first up, so that'll be fun and motivational.

Season 3 here we come.

COYS

Edited by edgar555

19 hours ago, edgar555 said:

Moving on and summer business is done (unless someone comes with a stupid bid for one of the lads).

In:

Yusuf Demir FREE

Cher Ndour (from Benfica B) FREE

Federico Valverde £72m. I had to pay the full release clause. I was bidding with add ons and stuff and got up to £100m total but they weren't letting go. I don't like to do an all in fee but he's worth it.

Out:

Bryan Gil £8m to Borussia Monchengladbach

Carter-Vickers FREE to Bologna

Lo Celso ANOTHER FREAKING LOAN to Betis, has a optional future fee of £15m

Parrott loan to Wolfsburg

Ndombel finally gone, Napoli £8.5m

Sessegnon £17.75m to West Ham

Jack Clarke on loan again, this time it's Coventry

Still trying to sell Emerson Royal and loan out Ndour and Pape Matar Sarr.

So barring any madness the squad looks like this:

GK (SK/DE) Onana/Green

DR (FB/At) Dest/Rensch

DC (BPD/De) Lacroix/Dier

DC (CD/De) Inacio/Akanji

DMC (DM/Su) Valverde/Phillips/Skipp

MCL (AP/Su) Gravenberch/Fabian/Devine

MR (IW/Su) Son/Antony/Bergwijn

AML (TQ) Raphina/Jovic/Dele

AMCR (SS) Kane/Demir/Dele

ST (P) Vlahovic/Adeyemi

It's going to be hard to keep Dier, Reguillon, Dele and Phillips happy with the amount I intend to start them. Let's see how that works out.

We have genuine world class players at every position and some excellent back ups. I don't think it's enough to beat Liverpool though. They've got Dybala as well as Haaland, Salah and Mane. It's legit frightening. Oh and we get them in the Community Shield first up, so that'll be fun and motivational.

Season 3 here we come.

COYS

What a squad!! While not overloading unrealistically paced signings. Well done

4 hours ago, Dustman2015 said:

What a squad!! While not overloading unrealistically paced signings. Well done

Thanks mate. I'm very happy with it overall. My only question mark is Onana. He's great but has high eccentricity so is always gonna have a few games each season where he does dumb stuff. My scouts don't rate anyone I can get as any better though so I'm sticking with him another season. Fabian and Antony have both been rather disappointing, there are mitigating circumstances for Fabian in that Gravenberch plays his position and came in and blew the doors off, so Fab doesnt' get as much game time as he'd like.

It may sound obvious based on how he's done for me but I'd recommend Raphina to anyone, he's ridiculously good on either flank and has great delivery from set pieces.

3rd season is done. And it was a good one. 

We finally got a win against Liverpool and it was the title decider. We beat them 2-1 at Anfield to clinch the title with 2 games to spare. We’d lead the way for most of the season but they were pushing hard. 

By this point we’d already won the Carabao cup, smashing Chelsea 4-1 in the final. 

We finished the season with a CL final against Man UFC. Vlahovic scored a last minute winner to give us the 2-1 victory and a treble for the season. 

Talking of Vlahovic he outscored Haaland with 52 in 42 games (he had a couple of injuries). He had 42 in 32 league games. 
Kane also had 40 in all comps and along the way broke Jimmy Greaves league goals record for Spurs. 
Adeyemi had 15 up to January when Bayern paid his release clause of £78m. That led to Scarlett being promoted to the 1st team and finishing with 11 goals from 16 appearances, most from the bench. 
Raphina chipped in with 14 goals. Dele had 13. Valverde and Gravenberch were just under double figures and Son had an injury plagued season and only got 8. 

Assists wise, Raphina was ridiculous with 32 in all comps. Next best was Kane with 20 followed by my main full backs Dest and Nuno Mendes with 14 each. 

As well as Adeyemi going in January, Dier also departed. Valencia offered a straight swap of him for Gabriel Menino. I like Menino’s versatility so it was an easy choice. 

I’ll take a break from this save for a little bit but when I return I’ll be looking to improve on Onana and move on Antony and Bergwijn and look for a better MR. It might be Sancho if I have the money. 

COYS

Going to pick this save up again tonight. I’ve been experimenting with some different tactics elsewhere. I’ve created a very good 4330 but that isn’t right for this team cos Vlahovic is too good but I might turn it into a traditional 433 and make Kane a Mezzala now that he’s getting on. Or even an AP at MC. I don’t know though yet. 
COYS

So for season 4 I've settled on a 4231.

Transfer news:

Outs - Reguillon, Bergwijn and Akanji are all gone. Akanji wasn't on my get rid list but Man UFC offered just under £50m, which for a back up CB who's 29 was a no-brainer. On my list but not moving were Antony and Onana. No one willing to bite. I get it with Antony, he's been awful for me, but very surprised there were no takers for Onana.

That does leave me with a little problem though, cos I'd already signed 2 new keepers.

Ins - Lafont, £9m from Villareal and happy to come in as a back up keeper. When I'd already agreed that deal, Meslier became available for £20m and that seemed to good to be true and I figured I'd sell Onana and then loan out Etienne Green. Well that hasn't worked out so well. Luckily Meslier was happy to be a back up too so I'll see how I get on with ALL the keepers.

Also in, Edson Alvarez as a back up CB, £21m from Porto. Omar Richards as back up DL, for £30m from Villa. Finally, Leon Bailey also from Villa, for £35m. I'd been after Florian Wirtz again but lost out for a 3rd time, first time due to transfer deadline running out, then due to Leverkusen asking a ridiculous amount, this time because he chose Bayern. Gutted, but I like Bailey and hope he can provide cover and competition on both wings.

Squad looks like this going into the season:

GK (SK/DE) Lafont/Meslier/Green/Onana (won't play unless theres a disaster)

DR (FB/Su) Dest/Menino

DC (BPD/Co) Lacroix/Alvarez

DC (BPD/De) Inacio/Rensch

DL (WB/At) Mendes/Richards

MCR (BBM/Su) Valverde/Phillips/Devine

MCL (DLP/DE) Gravenberch/Fabian/Skipp

AMR (IW/AT) Raphina/Bailey/Antony

AMCL (SS) Kane/Demir/Dele

AML (IW/SU) Son/Jovic/Dele

ST (CF/AT) Vlahovic/Scarlett

We kick off the season with a Community Shield game against Arsenal followed by a Super Cup game against Wolfsburg.

COYS

18 minutes ago, Captain Funk said:

Hi guys!

Very keen on doing a Spurs save at the moment. How are the chances of signing Mbappé in the first season - and has anyone had succes in luring Haaland to London (or do you get beat by the likes of Man City, Liverpool etc.?) :-)

I was able to sign Mbappe to a pre-contract in January (I was in 2nd place at the time, so maybe that helped). I haven't tried for Haaland, but was able to sign Vlahovic in the first window.

• 1 month later...
On 29/12/2021 at 03:45, Come_On_You_Spurs said:

What have you guys done about the home-grown issues at the club? It’s been hard to get everyone on my squad for Europe in the first couple seasons. Are there any British players in particular that you bring in the first couple years? 

Got job for Spurs in November 2021. In January window I sold some players (Moura, LoCelso, Davies, Doherty). Madueke is Tottenham academy player - so I bought him. Scarlet and Skipp promoted to 1st team, so I do not have issues with homegrown.
Additional players i bought (not brits) Adeyemi and after season Boubacar Kamara will come for free. Hoping for Mbappe and Fofana maybe.

Edited by Lewis Stewart

I’m looking forward to starting my long-term save when the new update comes out. Kulusevski is a player I always enjoy using, and our midfield has some exciting options. Depending what happens in the next 24 hours or so, it looks like I’ll have to prioritize some creativity and upgrade the defense. I don’t think Sanchez and Dier will get the upgrade that reflects how they’ve done this season, so will probably have to look at moving on both of them. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 30/01/2022 at 19:10, Come_On_You_Spurs said:

I’m looking forward to starting my long-term save when the new update comes out. Kulusevski is a player I always enjoy using, and our midfield has some exciting options. Depending what happens in the next 24 hours or so, it looks like I’ll have to prioritize some creativity and upgrade the defense. I don’t think Sanchez and Dier will get the upgrade that reflects how they’ve done this season, so will probably have to look at moving on both of them. 

No change for Sanchez by the looks of him. Dier and Skipp had a small bump. Still sold Dier (Newcastle for £30m £15m/£15m in installments). Still got Badiashielle in for that. Promotoed Scarlet and White for the Homegrown requirements.

Small play ATM, as a new PC (Well overdue) is arriving next week, so testing a few roles\changes.

Toying with a 4-3-3 ATM which I may play in the Long run (Based on players like Devine, who'd not be suited for a 2-man Midfield as much).

£13M Budget, so not much to play with. Some players need to be kept for Squad Regeistration.

Save will really kick on after Next weeks PC build. I'm noting tasks, changes and revised targets this round.

• 2 weeks later...

Am now in my fourth season with Spurs, not on the updated database. It was quite the job to get rid of deadwood in the start, but things are looking better now, even though it is hard to win something in England with City, Pool and Manu offering so much higher wages.

Son is leaving on a free after the season, which is a shame, although he has started to decline physically. Never got the best out of him, usually around 10 goals a season, but not much more. Kane has also struggled this season, but with Scarlett ready its not that big of a problem.

I have usually played Son as inverted winger support or inside forward attack in a 4-2-3-1 and Kane as either advanced forward or deep lying forward. Kane has scored 22, 25 and 33 in the league the first three seasons, which is really good, but players like Salah had 31 one season, Ronaldo had 28-31-29 and Haaland have 32, 49 and now 39 in 24 games for City...

Looking for tips if someone got more out of Kane or Son than I have. I think they are both a bit underrated in the game, although for me as Spurs-fan maybe I am the one who is not neutral. I think they both should have had some more pace in the game, especially given how important it seems to be. Now that Kane is slowly starting to decline physically I might consider retraining him to a CM or AM.

As for the youth prospects Scarlett has been really good, but should probably have played him a bit more. Dorrington is developing great at loan, and is probably ready to be third choice in the 25/26 season. Devine is also a good one to have around, but will probably end up as more of a squad player.

Tanganga, Skipp and Sessegnon have all been decent and performed better than their stats would suggest, but none are good enough to be first-choice in my opinion.

For some good players to buy:

Moutinho is my favourite for the first window. Quite cheap but solves some issues in the midfield and is great on set pieces. Usually try to get Ward-Prowse after one or two seasons. Kacper Kozlowski is also a great option in midfield.

At left back I bought Josko Gvardiol, beast of a player. Was not aware of him before the third season, but could probably get him earlier.

Edited by Iselilja

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/03/2022 at 20:01, Iselilja said:

Am now in my fourth season with Spurs, not on the updated database. It was quite the job to get rid of deadwood in the start, but things are looking better now, even though it is hard to win something in England with City, Pool and Manu offering so much higher wages.

Son is leaving on a free after the season, which is a shame, although he has started to decline physically. Never got the best out of him, usually around 10 goals a season, but not much more. Kane has also struggled this season, but with Scarlett ready its not that big of a problem.

I have usually played Son as inverted winger support or inside forward attack in a 4-2-3-1 and Kane as either advanced forward or deep lying forward. Kane has scored 22, 25 and 33 in the league the first three seasons, which is really good, but players like Salah had 31 one season, Ronaldo had 28-31-29 and Haaland have 32, 49 and now 39 in 24 games for City...

Looking for tips if someone got more out of Kane or Son than I have. I think they are both a bit underrated in the game, although for me as Spurs-fan maybe I am the one who is not neutral. I think they both should have had some more pace in the game, especially given how important it seems to be. Now that Kane is slowly starting to decline physically I might consider retraining him to a CM or AM.

As for the youth prospects Scarlett has been really good, but should probably have played him a bit more. Dorrington is developing great at loan, and is probably ready to be third choice in the 25/26 season. Devine is also a good one to have around, but will probably end up as more of a squad player.

Tanganga, Skipp and Sessegnon have all been decent and performed better than their stats would suggest, but none are good enough to be first-choice in my opinion.

For some good players to buy:

Moutinho is my favourite for the first window. Quite cheap but solves some issues in the midfield and is great on set pieces. Usually try to get Ward-Prowse after one or two seasons. Kacper Kozlowski is also a great option in midfield.

At left back I bought Josko Gvardiol, beast of a player. Was not aware of him before the third season, but could probably get him earlier.

Kane moving down would b good with his technicals. I had him as an AMC a few saves ago, he fed Scarlet for fun!

Kane suffers a bit with lack of his physicals. When they start to decline it's a bigger hit than most. Its why he's trained on Agility\Balance, and Quickness only for me. Hopefully that keeps them up.

Can't compare to Haaland, who's almost a cheat code level player + Ronaldo even declining has crazy stats.

I got Kane working in Season 2 as an AF\DFL-A - Saw some great goals from him that way, but he's not really quick enough to get onto some of the balls played through. Scarlet can (Now on loan) as can Sesko.

Son as an IF-S\A seems to work, but he gets pulled wide by the pass. If the pass is direct enough, he can get on the end of it and break past players. Agree that maybe his pace is not right.

• 7 months later...

So, I started a Spurs save for a bit of a change. And wanted to buy different players to what I'm used to.

Turned off first window and found myself comfortable by Christmas, but wanted to improve. Time for a massive rebuild, lol.

Out went Rodon, Sanchez, Tanganga, and Davies, and in came Schlotterbeck and Alvarez. And also in was Dries Mertens - not my usual signing. He was immense. Oh, and at the start of the season, I signed Cabella on a free.

Finished 3rd behind a runaway Liverpool and Man City, and won the EURO II, thrashing Feyenoord in the final.

So now came the rebuild.

In came Onana, Strakoshka, Kamara, Kessie, Zagadou, and Danilo Perreira on frees - that last was a mistake.

In came Marcus Edwards, Singo, Omar Richards, Kaiky, Ilias Akhomach, and James Maddison. And late, I added Elanga on loan to up my Home Grown for the Champions League and give me more pace off the bench.

Out went Cabella, Dier, Bentancur, Bergwijn, Doherty, Carter-Vickers, Gill, Lo Celso, Ndombele, while Sessegnon, Scarlett, Devine, Dorrington, and Donley went out on loan.

Looking forward to seeing how my new look team performs, this is my first choice lineup now, though there will be plenty of rotation.

Screenshot 2022-11-23 at 12.49.39.png