Either I am a tactical genius or FM22 is to easy.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, priority76 said:

They better not.  I'm finding it very difficult to win.  The whole team falls out with me very easily then don't try on the pitch.  And I'm using any method I can to win other than save and reload which I will probably have to do quite soon or it'll be the sack.  

Are you a low rep no badge on a big club? Because it’s no you can lose the team that easily unless you don’t know how to handle meetings, talks and just breaking promises left and right.

59 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Are you a low rep no badge on a big club? Because it’s no you can lose the team that easily unless you don’t know how to handle meetings, talks and just breaking promises left and right.

I'm continental C, regional level professional at Bolton.  Their last manager was sacked with them rooted to the bottom of the table, I've been in charge for about 10 games and that's where they still are 😁.  The whole team hates me because Eoin Doyle 'the Irish Messi' fell out with the last manager over playing time, wants to go back to Ireland and I blocked the move.  Even though I backed down most of the squad holds some resentment against me. 👍 And I'm already using a super geggenpress, attacking tactic with a near post corner routine. 

On 23/10/2021 at 16:55, SergeiG said:

I am kinnda average when it comes to tactics and usually I download one from the internet...But I did my own this time.

Manchester United is a good team on paper but it should not be so easy. 20 wins in a row, Most of them went easy.

I dont know...the game feels to easy and no longer fun as the older versions. I hope its gonna be more challenging when the full game released.

image.png.f0efc2716a561913edbe123e69b3e054.png

United are just overpowered in FM22

6 hours ago, JordanBlackpoolFC said:

11 Seasons in with Blackpool. Still haven't got close to Man City who have won the division every year since the start of my save with Haaland scoring 38+ Goals in each of the last 6 seasons. I wish I was finding it too easy...

You’re  Blackpool challenging for the title…I would  say you’re doing pretty well. Overachieving doesn’t only mean winning titles…

On 16/11/2021 at 08:42, Duke313 said:

United are just overpowered in FM22

Well I'm playing as this apparently overpowered team in an apparently easy to win game and yet my tactics have started to fail completely by mid-November.  I was absolutely flying until I had a narrow away defeat to Liverpool, now my players look clueless with those same Fluid Counter tactics.  I just don't know how some of you can be playing the same game.

Regarding United being overpowered - don't forget they have a very poor manager in charge so they aren't necessarily a bad team on paper (and even with Solskjaer they finished 2nd) last season).

FM 22.PNG

Im a bit annoyed that FM22 was advertised with the statement saying that the default gegenpress tactic is no longer a plug and play win tactic.

I completely disagree with that statement! The default gegenpress is totally overpowered with zero consequences. No matter the quality of the team from top Prem clubs to vanarama South clubs, I select gegenpress and win win win. It becomes boring, which is a shame because its the style of football I like best in real life.

2 hours ago, Weller1980 said:

Im a bit annoyed that FM22 was advertised with the statement saying that the default gegenpress tactic is no longer a plug and play win tactic.

I completely disagree with that statement! The default gegenpress is totally overpowered with zero consequences. No matter the quality of the team from top Prem clubs to vanarama South clubs, I select gegenpress and win win win. It becomes boring, which is a shame because its the style of football I like best in real life.

Just out of pure interest I started a game with Norwich City, selected the default genepress 4-3-3 tactic, no changes.

11 matches, 11 wins, including Liverpool and villa.

Yep, needs fixing.

-

Although you could argue that we've just grown to use to tactics being an important part of the game. Harry Redknap famously didn't use tactics, just man management and motivation. and was consistently in the top 4 for several years.

Edited by FuSS

Same thing happens if you just choose clean slate too, you just win everything. I do change the roles within my formation though. I cant remember a proper long term save in 10yrs, they just end quickly because I am superior within the league in all aspects within just a few seasons. FM10 to FM12 somewhere I remember taking Wolves from the bottom of the Prem steadily increasing table position every season, saving up money to buy 1 brazilian star player from Shaktar Donetsk every summer. It was awesome, some of the best gaming memories I have to this day.

Playing as Sporting CP, only made a couple small transfers in for depth, and I'm first after 10 matches, with 36 goals scored, 2 conceded. I'm using a clean slate tactic with some elements of possession and vertical tiki-taka, on a balanced mentality, and regularly scoring 4-5 goals against most sides.

I know the Primeira Liga isn't that good outside of the top 4, but been a bit surprised how big the gulf is between the top sides and the rest. 

5 hours ago, Weller1980 said:

I'm a bit annoyed that some people keep suggesting that all you need to do is plug a gegenpress tactic and you'll win every game.  In my experience that is just not the case, and if I have a criticism of FM22 it's that it's a bit on the frustratingly hard to win side.

47 minutes ago, priority76 said:

I'm a bit annoyed that some people keep suggesting that all you need to do is plug a gegenpress tactic and you'll win every game.  In my experience that is just not the case, and if I have a criticism of FM22 it's that it's a bit on the frustratingly hard to win side.

Are you using that tactic?

Game is stupid easy to win on, as usual. It's almost impossible to not get first season Champions League minimum with any team in the game, in whatever league. From there it's just a matter of winning everything every season.

If it wasn't for the game having network save capability i wouldn't even bother to buy it, the game is completely pointless single player with how easy it is. 

I'd echo what others have said about playing as Man United and having some of the best players in the world, you'll obviously win a lot, doesn't mean the game is easy.

However, I'm playing as Kelty Hearts, I'm in season 3. I've had back to back promotions and I'm 2nd in the Championship in Scotland. I play mainly in lower leagues or in smaller nations trying to build their rep, last year I played in Wales trying to get them into the top 10. I'm used to losing, I'm used to things taking a long time, I'm definitely not the best player in the world.

So either I missed something about Kelty Hearts being really really good, or somethings wrong/exploitable that I'm unaware of. My striker is scoring goals like you wouldn't believe and we even beat Hearts and Celtic(Celtic 1-4 Kelty Hearts, first team played by Celtic). I've barely made any signings and we're still semi professional.

I started with a default 5-3-2 then moved to a more traditional 4-4-2 with advanced wingers. I've not strayed too far away from the default settings tactically as I've not really needed to, I tweek as I need to but on the main its been a sort of plug in and play.

Is there a known exploit that's making strikers unbelievable, or have I just been good? My assumption is morale has too big an impact on the game and once we started the gravy train it hasn't stopped.

Edit: attached his stats and attributes to show what I mean about the striker.

Austin.PNG

Austin stats.PNG

Edited by AllyJoseph

Gegenpressing does still work very well now despite the scary stories early on.

I have been testing out my tactics in a few saves and the first thing I do in every game now is immediately go to player search and look for: ST with heading, jumping reach, strength, 185cm. Llorente (scored 44 goals in the Championship in a save last night), Lucca, DCL (both amazing for me so far), Zapata, Ibra...

Even without the corner tactic, it is very easy to win with a good target man. It should be a bit harder than this...

631458424_Screenshot2021-11-17at20_04_21.jpg.513aa783f4667882fcc1d99466c2147e.jpg

988900731_Screenshot2021-11-17at20_04_09.jpg.d46537dad47f7d06c7a46a2a64bf5604.jpg

Edited by lckyby

FM22 does feel easier, at least when compared with FM21. In two saves thus far:

1. Flamengo (Brazil top division) - lost only 3 out of 50 matches. Champion of all leagues and cups, except continental Libertadores.

2. CD Ibiza (Spain fourth division) - unbeaten in 30 matches! Never happened. I was on my way to win the league and be promoted, but I had to start a new save.

Now, Ok, Flamengo is a continental powerhouse, but CD Ibiza is not (expected to end 5th place in the 4th division).

I never performed that easily in many years... As I said, maybe FM21 was particularly difficult, so we find FM22 so easy to win...

Thoughts?...

12 hours ago, priority76 said:

Use the default gegenpress tactic and change to attacking mentality and you will start winning guaranteed. 

10 hours ago, AllyJoseph said:

I'd echo what others have said about playing as Man United and having some of the best players in the world, you'll obviously win a lot, doesn't mean the game is easy.

However, I'm playing as Kelty Hearts, I'm in season 3. I've had back to back promotions and I'm 2nd in the Championship in Scotland. I play mainly in lower leagues or in smaller nations trying to build their rep, last year I played in Wales trying to get them into the top 10. I'm used to losing, I'm used to things taking a long time, I'm definitely not the best player in the world.

So either I missed something about Kelty Hearts being really really good, or somethings wrong/exploitable that I'm unaware of. My striker is scoring goals like you wouldn't believe and we even beat Hearts and Celtic(Celtic 1-4 Kelty Hearts, first team played by Celtic). I've barely made any signings and we're still semi professional.

I started with a default 5-3-2 then moved to a more traditional 4-4-2 with advanced wingers. I've not strayed too far away from the default settings tactically as I've not really needed to, I tweek as I need to but on the main its been a sort of plug in and play.

Is there a known exploit that's making strikers unbelievable, or have I just been good? My assumption is morale has too big an impact on the game and once we started the gravy train it hasn't stopped.

Edit: attached his stats and attributes to show what I mean about the striker.

Austin.PNG

Austin stats.PNG

Kelty Hearts are aiming for the championship in real life. They have finances and facilities to do it too. Running away with League 2 this season and they'll more than likely run away with League 1 next unless they royally screw it up.

Nathan Austin is a championship level striker. No surprises he's been tearing it up for you.

On 10/11/2021 at 23:17, zindrinho said:

If you struggle I would suggest choosing "clean slate" tactic and find a way to use all your best players. I guarantee you will win everything simply by adding PIs during matches, like your CB man marks their lone striker, your wingers follow their FB/WBs if they get too much space.

It doesnt matter which team you choose, any tall CB could mark Lewa and Kane or whoever it would be completely out of the game in FM21. If he should fail to win the challenge for the ball you have another CB behind him to cover.

This is why me and a couple others complain that the game is too easy. We make long plans and dreams about taking a minor club up the divisions, or taking a newly promoted top division team from relegation strugglers, to mid table team and then push on towards European places. 
But what happens is you win european places in your first season, next season you go unbeaten until January, leading the league by a countrymile.
So there's no joy in scrapping that 0-0 against bayern or PSG or whoever anymore, you just expect to win every game 2 seasons in. Dreams fulfilled, now what?

Maybe(??) I'm terrible, but I was at the exactly predicted position (5th and 6th respectively) for two years in a row, I got some players , not something special because the club was debt-ridden and transfers are hard in this FM imho (yay!). I remember a match where both my left full backs AND my central defender playing as a left back couldn't stop an opposition right winger-forward. For reference, my fullbacks had positioning 13 and 14 and jumping 9 and 10. He had off the ball 12 and jumping 16. Putting the cd left with jumping 14 and positioning 13 kinda limited him but not much.

The one thing I have done to create a challenge for myself (ignoring the usual avoiding a particular tactic, or pretending the search bar isn't there, or only buying Northern Irish players starting with the letter L) is to start in bottom division of obscure leagues which aren't in the base game (Moldova, Kazakhstan). The gulf in class usually negates any gegenpress supertactic you can throw at it- so there's something to keep things interesting, until something changes. Which I doubt ever will sadly. 

Edited by sthptngomad76

16 hours ago, Poison said:

I remember a match where both my left full backs AND my central defender playing as a left back couldn't stop an opposition right winger-forward. For reference, my fullbacks had positioning 13 and 14 and jumping 9 and 10. He had off the ball 12 and jumping 16. Putting the cd left with jumping 14 and positioning 13 kinda limited him but not much.

I usually find things like that are caused by using too many individual instructions which can actually contradict the team instructions.

A common example: tight marking and high closing down - these are contradictions, how can you tightly man-mark an assigned opposition player and gengepress the opposition team when they are in possession!

Edited by FuSS

5 hours ago, FuSS said:

I usually find things like that are caused by using too many individual instructions which can actually contradict the team instructions.

A common example: tight marking and high closing down - these are contradictions, how can you tightly man-mark an assigned opposition player and gengepress the opposition team when they are in possession!

Thanks, i will look into it, I don't think I've done anything out of the ordinary I don't use tight marking I just close down a bit (I don't use gegenpress just my own tactic which is a simple enough 4-3-3) I see lots of good things in the display, I think it was just a case of him being superior in the air and in great form. To be fair, he belonged to the team that was competing for the title (AEK) and he had very nice mental and physical attributes (for the league level I mean) (Frank Tsadjout is his name). In this particular match I was using stand-off (regroup) tactics and cautious mentality. My counterattacks are usually good they don't just gift possession ( I don't have "pass into space" enabled) I drew the match 2-2 but he missed like 5 headers from point blank. My defenders were there they just couldn't cope with his aerial ability. What really stopped him was me returning my right winger (MR -defensive winger - defend) so their left back couldn't cross so often.

The database has very few coaches with an attacking characteristic of 15 +. Of all caches with CA 150+, only 8 have a score of more than 15. Even Guardiola has a score of only 13.

Maybe there's a lightness problem here. If you increase everyone by 20%, then maybe it will become more difficult to play?

10 minutes ago, bahmet said:

The database has very few coaches with an attacking characteristic of 15 +. Of all caches with CA 150+, only 8 have a score of more than 15. Even Guardiola has a score of only 13.

Maybe there's a lightness problem here. If you increase everyone by 20%, then maybe it will become more difficult to play?

Yes, I touched on this a few post back. Raising attacking seems to help.

Too many teams are using cautious mentality even at home with default manager attributes.

6 минут назад, Mars_Blackmon сказал:

Да, я уже касался этого несколько постов назад. Повышение атак, кажется, помогает.

Can this somehow be massively corrected? Or manually edit one of all?

4 minutes ago, bahmet said:

Can this somehow be massively corrected? Or manually edit one of all?

Unless someone make a file to fix it. I’m not even sure if the smarter manager file from last year made massive tweaks to the attacking attribute but it’s something to look out for.

Even last year a dev said the passive AI was a data issue which points to the lack of attacking attributes for managers.

For the sake of the experiment, he added + 1 or + 2 to the attacking characteristics of the managers of the first team.

2023 changes. For example, Mourinho 8>10, Guardiola 13 > 16, Ancelotti 14 > 15, Xavi 0 > 17.

There are a lot of managers in the database who have a score of 0. Does that mean random?

Спойлер

Who knows what style these coaches play?)

9kMn1ZL.pngOaSSToQ.pngAzx08JJ.pngfF0jXQC.pngNzvR57g.pnggehNH7M.pngt4zNlLi.png

Increase of AI attacking mentality.fmf

Edited by bahmet

Who cares if the game is too easy? Youre not the ACTUAL manager of the team you manage.

Its a computer game. Itll never be easy enough or hard enough to satisfy everyone.

Do you moan call of duty is too easy despite the fact youve never held a gun or gone into a war?

Obviously not. So why moan about managing fake players and winning fake cups.

2 hours ago, Lesterfan_Cambiasso said:

Who cares if the game is too easy? Youre not the ACTUAL manager of the team you manage.

Its a computer game. Itll never be easy enough or hard enough to satisfy everyone.

Do you moan call of duty is too easy despite the fact youve never held a gun or gone into a war?

Obviously not. So why moan about managing fake players and winning fake cups.

If you get aroused by winning everything with fake players, why do you care if others moan?

1 minute ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

If you get aroused by winning everything with fake players, why do you care if others moan too?

I dont take it nearly as seriously as some of you guys do. I dont get aroused by winning with fake players. I certainly dont come online bleating that the game isnt hard enough for me to enjoy.

Get another hobby maybe? 

8 minutes ago, Lesterfan_Cambiasso said:

I dont take it nearly as seriously as some of you guys do. I dont get aroused by winning with fake players. I certainly dont come online bleating that the game isnt hard enough for me to enjoy.

Get another hobby maybe? 

Yet you’re here not adding anything constructive to the conversation…

4 hours ago, lukavski said:

Has anyone played with an increased "attack" mentality on Managers for a long period?

Is it more difficult?

It doesn’t change the way teams play on cautious or defensive (very timid) but increasing manager’s attacking mentality across the board will definitely reduce the frequency that the AI will start the game on cautious or defensive mentalities. From my experience from setting Al managers to 20 attacking in my league, I only saw relegation favorites start games with a cautious mentality while on the road (balanced at home) everyone else would switch to a more defensive mentality during the game.

So it definitely helps since the AI will move forward more often then the vanilla game.

11 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

It doesn’t change the way teams play on cautious or defensive (very timid) but increasing manager’s attacking mentality across the board will definitely reduce the frequency that the AI will start the game on cautious or defensive mentalities. From my experience from setting Al managers to 20 attacking in my league, I only saw relegation favorites start games with a cautious mentality while on the road (balanced at home) everyone else would switch to a more defensive mentality during the game.

So it definitely helps since the AI will move forward more often then the vanilla game.

Also the sitting back attribute needs to be decreased as it defines how quickly a manager will use defensive tactics. Increasing mentality stat for two points won't help much.

Edited by Mitja

After back to pack promotions with Sunderland I’m currently joint top in the Prem in January. I have the smallest wage budget by miles and I’m still using 2/3 players in my first eleven from league 1. 
Using a 532, my big target man striker is just ridiculously good, even if you take away corner goals

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, sthptngomad76 said:

So any improvements post patch with difficulty?

Started a new save with a familiar team, and tried a handful of familiar tactics/shapes with that team. Been through about 30 friendlies so far. The patch definitely did change some things around, and much that worked well before may not work so well now. Others may be working as well as before, or perhaps better. Rear lines seem to be pressed a bit more, though hard to tell to what extent, as I'm not playing a hard pressing team, and nor have I really faced anyone doing gegenpress yet. I did notice that my average passes between central defenders has dropped quite a bit.. somewhere between 25-50%, and they have been intercepted more. So, they're taking more risks, which is good, and games flow a bit more naturally it seems.

As to how easy it is... well, it's probably as easy to win as it was, though you may have to be more judicious in regards to what tactics you employ to achieve the same results.

6 minutes ago, Prepper_Jack said:

Started a new save with a familiar team, and tried a handful of familiar tactics/shapes with that team. Been through about 30 friendlies so far. The patch definitely did change some things around, and much that worked well before may not work so well now. Others may be working as well as before, or perhaps better. Rear lines seem to be pressed a bit more, though hard to tell to what extent, as I'm not playing a hard pressing team, and nor have I really faced anyone doing gegenpress yet. I did notice that my average passes between central defenders has dropped quite a bit.. somewhere between 25-50%, and they have been intercepted more. So, they're taking more risks, which is good, and games flow a bit more naturally it seems.

As to how easy it is... well, it's probably as easy to win as it was, though you may have to be more judicious in regards to what tactics you employ to achieve the same results.

Really thorough, thanks 

Well we’ll see what it’s like…

I try to do everything to make the game less easy. After back to back - easy - promotions and reaching the CL with Kaiserslautern I started another save. Because I didn't need to win 13 back to back bundesliga titles in the next 13 years and win 3-4 CL titles.

So I decided to play with Athletic Club. I'm still in the first season, bought just one player for the first team - luca sangalli. I thought it would be more difficult and more fun to play, but it isn't. I didn't download any "super tactic", I made just a regular 4-3-3 myself. I don't play gegenpressing because it's op. I don't use any corner tactic or whatsoever. I don't use any shouts because I don't want to motivate my players too much. I played 17 games and won 5-2 vs. Real Madrid, 4-1 vs. Atletico, 3-1 vs. Barcelona. I'll win the league in the first season. I can't do much more to  loose some games.

of course we - or at least most of us - want the game to be easier than irl. there aren't many people who would want to be in the second bundesliga after eight seasons or play europa league once in a while with Athletic Club - but please, please can I at least need 3-4 seasons to beat the likes of Real Madrid or PSG?

I'm frustrated...

Edited by outlawish

On 23/11/2021 at 11:26, Shirley said:

Just went unbeaten in my 3rd season with Lyon and won the league. Near post corners are definitely the biggest issue in the game imo, Lorenzo Lucca had 50 league goals alone for me.

feel like lyon have such a balamced side

made 1 signing (squad player) and im flying through this league

already beaten psg away convincingly

in general last few FMs if you start the season well its very easy to runaway with the league if you have a decent advanced forward and solid defence and play with a combo of high press and posession

On 10/12/2021 at 12:52, paganizer said:

Newest patch totally messed up my team. 3 draws, 4 losses. None of my tactics are working anymore :(

Same here. Haven't changed anything since the new patch. I was sitting top of the league and on a nice run. Since the new patch. 4 losses and 2 draws.  I guess I need to tweak my tactic now the new patch has been released.