Either I am a tactical genius or FM22 is to easy.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Plug and play gegenpress tactics are still effective, not as much as in previous FM’s as you will give up a lot of goals but you will also score tons of goals as well out scoring opponents all season regardless of having players play suitable roles or not.

Possession was improved but teams are still way too accurate with passing. I’m in level 10 England and we are completing passes as if we are in the premiership. Yes there are the new animations for bad first touch and the over hit passes, but it doesn’t occur as much as it realistically should especially at the level I am currently playing. Good team cohesion will also make such inaccuracies non existent.

There is also a lack of intercepted passes that also contributes to the high pass %

• 2 months later...

Started a new save as Marseille because I thought it would be a challange to become better than PSG. I've just looked at my players and made a tactic - 4-3-3 gegenpressing with no tweaks whatsoever yet. no transfers allowed in the first transfer window.

played 4 friendlies, 12 league games (incl. PSG), 4 europa league matches - won them all, conceded only 4 goals. why do I have the third best pass completion ratio in the league (90 %) with slightly more direct passing and higher tempo?

so, I didn't even do anything to be "that good" - please SI, make the game a little more enjoyable.

• 5 weeks later...

fwiw, i have a pretty limited interest in football and just like management games, this is my first FM and i feel like there's no way I should be able to do this well unless Portsmouth was always primed to get promoted with only a basic understanding of tactics and formations

Spoiler

image.png.726e27d0f23d4d5a45ecd9d20d69e348.png

image.png.cad32787631fa29c947c2e52e359b7d4.png

Edited by smt923