FM22: Manchester United: Never ending transition

sedge11

5 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

@sedge11 I would be worried about Darren's natural fitness. Cruz looks a great find though.

Diallo and Shoretire look like great prospects this year so I reckon you could get them to perform. Bellingham is my main target this year, I'll be moving for him earlier than you have though, £74m is a really good price.

Yea Cruz is the one I’m thinking will be the best. Shoretire has done well at the start of the season so I’ve got high hopes to develop him.

5 hours ago, Billy0810 said:

’m hoping Greenwood can take over from Ronaldo, has anyone had him develop that well? Looks like Haalands going to city so I’m going to have to find a different striker. Anyone got any suggestions??

Yea Greenwood is a beast, he’s taking over from Ronaldo for me, got 17 league goals last season (season 3) and is 5 from 5 at start of season 4.

I brought Vlahovic from Fiorentina, he’s pretty good.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 22/11/2021 at 17:17, iloveoov said:

Forgive my newbieness, what is everyone doing for staff? Board says we have too many scouts, do I just mutually terminate their contracts? Should I be recruiting stronger coaches?

If you are in charge of big club you can afford to sack all staff which is under 4 star ratting and bring 4,5 star or even 5 star in fitness or GK coaching. Also look for unemployed one staff first and then for one who is already at the club because you must pay fee which is under one million (few of coaches "worth" over 1mil.)

First of all go on Staff Search and pick attributes. You need to put 15, or above, for Determination, Level of Discipline and Motivating and than add 20 for Fitness (if you want fitness coach for example). If there is no one interested in transfer just take Fitness to 19, or 18, or 17 and coaches will appear in search. 

So what you need is take higher as you can these 3 mental attributes and just change attributes for other areas of training (Att, Deff, GK,...).
For U23 or U18 you need good attribute in Working with youngsters.

Coach calculator is good tool for faster search and it is very exact even if it's older one. I use Excel formula couple years old :D

I prefer not to leave any responsibilities to my board even for U23 od U18 staff. With scouts also - first get rid of all who are under 17 in 2 most important sections - Judging Players Ability and JP Potential. For example in ManUTD you have scout De Sisti with JPA 12 and JPP 11and also you have one more Italian scout with better JPA 14 and JPP 16 (which is also not impressive). But if you sack both of them and go look for Italian scout your board will tell you that you don't have enough space wich is absurd. At the start you have 29 scouts and board recommend 16 so be careful who you chose. 

Untitled.jpg

Greenwood just asked to leave after PSG came in for him. I couldn't persuade him to stay despite him having a lot of playing time last season, getting to CL final, winning the league and FA cup. He was having non of it.

Ended up having to sell him for £140mil.

Haaland went to Liverpool for £90mil, Joao Felix to City for £123mil. 

Gutted.

6 hours ago, Mauley said:

Greenwood just asked to leave after PSG came in for him. I couldn't persuade him to stay despite him having a lot of playing time last season, getting to CL final, winning the league and FA cup. He was having non of it.

Ended up having to sell him for £140mil.

Haaland went to Liverpool for £90mil, Joao Felix to City for £123mil. 

Gutted.

Sounds a sore one :(

What happened to Mbappe on your save? Vlahović would be a good alternative to Haaland and Sesko another option.

On 26/11/2021 at 02:28, Gee_Simpson said:

Sounds a sore one :(

What happened to Mbappe on your save? Vlahović would be a good alternative to Haaland and Sesko another option.

Yep, he was just starting to get to another level which would have made him my first choice striker.

I got Mbappe for free when his contract came to 6 months left in the first season.

8 hours ago, Mauley said:

Yep, he was just starting to get to another level which would have made him my first choice striker.

I got Mbappe for free when his contract came to 6 months left in the first season.

Nice. I feel kinda guilty about this but I'll be going for Mbappe and I also want Haaland 😅 In fairness though, I'm using a 352 (3412) so I have 2 striker slots. 

Are people finding that teams go for Haaland in season 2? I don't want to miss out on him again like I did on FM21 when he went to PSG. 

Edited by Gee_Simpson

18 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Nice. I feel kinda guilty about this but I'll be going for Mbappe and I also want Haaland 😅 In fairness though, I'm using a 352 (3412) so I have 2 striker slots. 

Are people finding that teams go for Haaland in season 2? I don't want to miss out on him again like I did on FM21 when he went to PSG. 

He goes to city usually 2nd season on my saves

Has anyone got any tips on how to keep your players from leaving amid interest from other big teams. After losing Greenwood to PSG, now Bayern Munich are after Sancho which was the same thing as what happened to Greenwood. I am not losing another good, young English talent again lol

So had a laptop nightmate, which meant lost my save and had to re install fm, amongst other things.

So have had to start again, which doesn't bother me too much, I can look at things differently. I decided to start the save in a different approach. So what I have done, is I holidayed to the date Ole got sacked in real life and have taken over Man Utd from there.

Now to do this, it did take a couple of attempts as I obviously didn't want to take them over being top of the table, I wanted the struggle that we are in. To help this along, what I did was to make sure Man Utd lost their last couple of game before I took over, just to simulate real life in some way.

So this is the position they are in when I have taken over. Chelsea dominating, otherwise I think I can catch Liverpool.

1289414051_s1takeover.png.cf0277d3520fba274a5dc9c52f4313ae.png

11 hours ago, Mauley said:

Has anyone got any tips on how to keep your players from leaving amid interest from other big teams. After losing Greenwood to PSG, now Bayern Munich are after Sancho which was the same thing as what happened to Greenwood. I am not losing another good, young English talent again lol

Funnily enough PSG unsettled Greenwood on  mine but i kept refusing he got unhappy but kept playing him and he became happy again, dont give in!

16 hours ago, Mauley said:

Don't be bullied by the player, keep them on a decent contract with optional extensions. They will often come around when unhappy, it just takes time.

Also, the more professional the player (and squad to a lesser extent) the less hassle you get from rejecting bids.

9 minutes ago, Garrlor said:

Don't be bullied by the player, keep them on a decent contract with optional extensions. They will often come around when unhappy, it just takes time.

Also, the more professional the player (and squad to a lesser extent) the less hassle you get from rejecting bids.

"Also, the more professional the player (and squad to a lesser extent) the less hassle you get from rejecting bids."

Player personalities are so important.  Not just for the individual player but for how it impacts other players and the whole squad. 

In addition to Professionlism in this situation, I suspect Ambition, Loyalty, Controversy and Temperment could factor for the player.   

Player personalities also seem to play a big role in how players react to team talks and other manager talks with players.  

Player personalities strongly impact my transfer decisions, In and Out. 

On 29/11/2021 at 08:23, jackripper said:

Funnily enough PSG unsettled Greenwood on  mine but i kept refusing he got unhappy but kept playing him and he became happy again, dont give in!

21 hours ago, Garrlor said:

21 hours ago, DominicForza said:

"Also, the more professional the player (and squad to a lesser extent) the less hassle you get from rejecting bids."

Player personalities are so important.  Not just for the individual player but for how it impacts other players and the whole squad. 

In addition to Professionlism in this situation, I suspect Ambition, Loyalty, Controversy and Temperment could factor for the player.   

Player personalities also seem to play a big role in how players react to team talks and other manager talks with players.  

Player personalities strongly impact my transfer decisions, In and Out. 

Thanks for the advice. I have decided to stick to my guns on this one and not let him go. 

So I like to keep things up to date. Got Rangnick at United but problem is, I want to take over obviously 😊 Should I make him DOF considering he's staying past the summer? I can just set him as that in the pre game editor before I start. 

Edited by Gee_Simpson

1 minute ago, Gee_Simpson said:

So I like to keep things up to date. Got Rangnick at United but problem is, I want to take over obviously 😊 Should I make him DOF considering he's staying past the summer? I can just set him as that in the pre game editor before I start. 

I would make him DOF and Technical Director as well if it was me.

7 minutes ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Is that possible to set him as both? 

Depends on the staff but some will accept say DoF and then Technical Director as secondary role but comes down the staff offering to. 

12 minutes ago, Gee_Simpson said:

It's not realistic ;)

Think you can only do one role or at least they'd only accept one role unless it had coaching with it as its secondary. 

3 hours ago, BigV said:

It's not realistic ;)

Think you can only do one role or at least they'd only accept one role unless it had coaching with it as its secondary. 

3 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

I'll be setting it in the editor so don't have to offer him a deal. I'll probably just set him as DOF although would probably end up getting rid anyway 😅

I'm thinking Head of Youth Developement and/or Technical Director.  

I used editor to make SAF director of football...cuz it makes me happy!

Update: Finished season two and came out with the League and Champions League double once more. It was not as easy as the table would suggest, with a late surge taking me clear of City and Liverpool, both of whom dropped silly points in the stretch. 

The Champions League final was won over City (after beating Liverpool last year) with Ronaldo and Bruno Fernandes the goalscorers.

Bruno was the standout player of the year, notching a whole load of assists as well as crucial goals. 

My 4-3-3 DM situation needs a reboot with Kessie and Bellingham not quite performing up to potential just yet. This summer will see a few changes to keep City and Liverpool at bay, with Maguire and AWB the next to go. A long-term replacement for Ronaldo will also be needed, with Mason Greenwood hopefully playing alongside them. 

Targets for the window include: Federico Valverde, Wesley Fofana and Kimmich (if he's within price range). 

1091890348_Screenshot2021-12-01at22_59_59.thumb.png.d2ef8be16caab2ea9d462debc72e74f5.png

Screenshot 2021-12-01 at 23.00.49.png

Screenshot 2021-12-01 at 23.03.50.png

So the update I downloaded has Rangnick's future role as a Managing Director, which has no influence in game. Obviously I'm changing his role now, but I can't set him as a DOF or Technical Director right now because we already have them in place in Murtough and Fletcher. Of course I could just remove one of them, but there's no indication that Rangnick will be taking over in either of those roles irl after the summer, it just says he will continue as a consultant or Sporting Director which I think means Managing Director. Only problem with Managing Director is you can't set a contract expiry date, so he'll always be a Managing Director in the game if set to that.

Edited by Gee_Simpson

So after I had to restart my save, and as previously mentioned I took over the date Ole got sacked, I have finished season 1 again.

We were no where near in the league, to be expected as I was already 14 points off when I took over.

716864052_leagues1.thumb.png.c4691cd7244db62fde71e830e5ab5817.png

West ham won the europa league. 

Domestic cups we didn't do much in, chelsea won both the fa cup and carabao cup.

So all that left was the champs league. We had a tough run, had Leipzig and Atletico Madrid in the group, then Man city and Real Madrid in the knockouts. We managed to overcome all of them and reached the final against Bayern.

1802870712_championsofeuropes1.thumb.png.914537087bcc0acb1cd98cb5c5b1c3bd.png1827659766_champstrophy.png.19f915c07fa94d9913a0a271a55c8ac6.png

We are champions of europe in season 1, mainly because of Ronaldo. 

This was our full run.

1133876860_champsleagueruns1.thumb.png.0f1f6272dd9d77c1fc15d2c6237bf668.png

I joined after the Leipzig loss. Ronaldo scored 6 of the 7 against Real.

This was the man himself.

ronaldo.thumb.png.bda2c8e0afa304149b348e231b0e9c9b.png

40 goals in all comps, top goal scorer in europe, its incredible managing in again on fm.

Transfer wise I didn't do much. In jan I sold Martial and Jones and brought in Haidara, inspiration from Rangnick haha.

Now on to season 2, I want a rb and another midfielder. To go out will be Pogba and Cavani as their contracts are up, Bailly has he put a request in and probably one of Dalot or Wan Bissaka.

From this moment I try to extend Cavani contract but he is not willing to stay. He is over 20 goals and he is backup for Ronaldo.
Although I manage to make Pogba happy and to sign new contract not because of his good games but because of not letting him go on free.

Manage 1/2 of CL playing against AC Milan, in PL very tight with Liverpool. It seems that Arsenal will be factor X - they lost on Emirates and I get first place, then I lose at Emirates, Live get back on position 1.

In League Cup Liverpool beat me in final after penalties, and in 1/2 of FA Cup they beat me after McTominay got red card. It's deja vu from FM21 and "just the two of us"...

7 2.jpg

Finally got to start the season... I have been dreaded this moment with the start I got... Hope my defence is a bit less leaky or I will be in trouble...

imagen.png.a7e8bbd7efb308e39b349f53afdecc3f.png

By the way, has the "radar" you could see during matches dissapeared? I couldn't find it... (I skipped fm21, maybe it's old news?)

Finally started my save or I had, but didn't realise you have to declare interest in certain players to stop them from renewing their contracts so early. Kessie being my main midfield target for season 2, he renewed super early in my game so I reloaded just to see what would happen if I declared interest before he signed a new deal and yeah that stopped him from renewing straight away. I've actually completely deleted the save now but will start again today 😅 Not sure if it's better to set the start of pre season early or late? Does it matter? I disable the first window and usually make staff changes.

Edited by Gee_Simpson

4 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Finally started my save or I had, but didn't realise you have to declare interest in certain players to stop them from renewing their contracts so early. Kessie being my main midfield target for season 2, he renewed super early in my game so I reloaded just to see what would happen if I declared interest before he signed a new deal and yeah that stopped him from renewing straight away. I've actually completely deleted the save now but will start again today 😅 Not sure if it's better to set the start of pre season early or late? Does it matter? I disable the first window and usually make staff changes.

I would start pre season early, as some staff may need work permits, so just gives you more time to get them in before start of the season then.

8 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

I think the advantage of earlier start date is you have more time for tactics to gain more familiarity with for squad/players with tactics.  

Ah yeah good points. I usually always start early but was thinking maybe starting later would prevent Kessie from signing a new deal, but I probably just need to declare interest in him from the start? I agree starting earlier has more benefits so I'll start early again. 

Anyone had a stab at recreating the 4222 from the palace game ? Been thinking about trying out Sancho more centrally given his technique and vision but not really sure how to go about creating the system in the engine. 

I currently have him as ap(support) on the right wing and he's been very up and down rating wise but does seem to pick up that number 10 space quite well. 

3 hours ago, Monsieur-Beev said:

Anyone had a stab at recreating the 4222 from the palace game ? Been thinking about trying out Sancho more centrally given his technique and vision but not really sure how to go about creating the system in the engine. 

I currently have him as ap(support) on the right wing and he's been very up and down rating wise but does seem to pick up that number 10 space quite well. 

Yes I have,  start of season 2 I thought would give it ago. Though I still have Sancho on the right wing, It's on own take on it.

4-2-2-2.png.4d173d3b8239265c27effa6b598dab8a.png

It's working very well at the moment, scoring a tonne of goals. I've used Elanga as the DLF as well, and he's done well.

Edited by sedge11

Finished first season with double - 1 points ahead of Liverpool in PL and 1 goal ahead of ManCity in CL.

Starting transfer windows with Nicolo Rovella 16mil£ and Denis Zakaria and Antonio Blanco on free.
Beside Kessie and Milenkovic who arived in first season, I just want a world class DR. Williams will get the chance but now looking for Zaragoza's Alejandro Frances - only 12,5mil clause, 19 years, solid in physicality but not that good in crossing 10. Whom you recommend under 30mil?

prva sezona CL.jpg

prva sezona recap.jpg

squad stats prva sezona.jpg

22 hours ago, krisdonna said:

Testing around with some teams since the new patch came out. Seems like a decent deal imo.

2021-12-07.png

At the start I'd probably want bit more than that sure value is around the 60 mark when at the start of the save, could be wrong though 

21 minutes ago, Chapman7 said:

At the start I'd probably want bit more than that sure value is around the 60 mark when at the start of the save, could be wrong though 

Tried a few times and £48 mil is the max  i can get. Maybe you can get more at the end of window tho.

Edited by krisdonna

So season 2 is underway and transfers have been done.

361152090_season2transfers.thumb.png.63af964628ecdf22ac3a94971d4505ef.png

I think the outs were obvious really, also to go were Cavani and Pogba on frees. Pogba went to Inter.

Tchouameni comes in as a combo of a pogba replacement/dm. Di Lorenzo is my new right back and will compete with Dalot whose been good for me. Adeyemi was a late deal, as felt with my new tactic needed another striker, and he is a young one that I've wanted since the previous save.

So my new tactic, as shown in a previous post its inspired from Rangnick.

4-2-2-2.png.3c183fa6058a42f67b03575c6ac66f13.png

It's been working great as well, here are our results so far using it.

1440562718_s2gamessofar.png.b8be33844ce15ff6f51a34a758be0920.png

Loads of goals, with Ronaldo already on 19 goals for the season. Our only loss to City was an annoying one, lost to a penalty and had 2 goals disallowed. 

Hi all MU fan I started my career I play in 4231 and I would like to know for most of you where do you play CR7 (scorer or left side? ) 

And what role please ? I make him play poacher with his 7 in playing volume it's very little .... thank you very much for your feedback

Not posted here in a few years but I play United every FM release. Managed to get Second in the League my first season (My aim was to finish top 3), could not keep up with Liverpool, they were unstoppable at times. I am also in the Champions League final against Liverpool and I Won the FA Cup.

Players in - Nicola Barella (66m), Roberto Soriano (9m)

Players out - Pogba (50m), Cavani (1.5m), Martial (32m)

League table and my best lineup and formation below.

I think I only got second due to Ronaldo carrying in big games. I am going to struggle to replace him, I got SUPER lucky with my youth intake for once, got TWO 5 Star potential Strikers and a 5 Star Left Mid.

I've only been given 66m as a transfer budget for the second season and with how much rotation is needed when playing GenGenpress I dont think I can sell too many players. Pedri from Barca is looking very attractive to me though.

I also want to note that I went in for Mbappe and he wanted 600k a week (I walked away after going back and fourth with him) and he accepted Juves offer of 180k per week, realistic eh

table.png.09a6b1a1036ab6878f5bad3b620abba5.pngtactics.png.efa5ac224f47b415b6d33db9ea4c8155.png

edit; fantastic end to the season, beat Liverpool away in the league and then again a few days later in the Champions League final!

liverpool.png.de329761d53e1c776654a8b7790a0943.png

Edited by Verby

On 09/12/2021 at 04:45, kad38 said:

Hi all MU fan I started my career I play in 4231 and I would like to know for most of you where do you play CR7 (scorer or left side? ) 

And what role please ? I make him play poacher with his 7 in playing volume it's very little .... thank you very much for your feedback

I play a 4231 and use him as an AF on attack and hes amazing there for me.

10 hours ago, Verby said:

Not posted here in a few years but I play United every FM release. Managed to get Second in the League my first season (My aim was to finish top 3), could not keep up with Liverpool, they were unstoppable at times. I am also in the Champions League final against Liverpool and I Won the FA Cup.

Players in - Nicola Barella (66m), Roberto Soriano (9m)

Players out - Pogba (50m), Cavani (1.5m), Martial (32m)

League table and my best lineup and formation below.

I think I only got second due to Ronaldo carrying in big games. I am going to struggle to replace him, I got SUPER lucky with my youth intake for once, got TWO 5 Star potential Strikers and a 5 Star Left Mid.

I've only been given 66m as a transfer budget for the second season and with how much rotation is needed when playing GenGenpress I dont think I can sell too many players. Pedri from Barca is looking very attractive to me though.

I also want to note that I went in for Mbappe and he wanted 600k a week (I walked away after going back and fourth with him) and he accepted Juves offer of 180k per week, realistic eh

table.png.09a6b1a1036ab6878f5bad3b620abba5.pngtactics.png.efa5ac224f47b415b6d33db9ea4c8155.png

edit; fantastic end to the season, beat Liverpool away in the league and then again a few days later in the Champions League final!

liverpool.png.de329761d53e1c776654a8b7790a0943.png

What skin are you using?

On 09/12/2021 at 04:45, kad38 said:

Mainly up top, but odd game on the wings. So I can accommodate Cavani and Greenwood the games up top  

11 hours ago, jackripper said:

Pretty sure he could be played Right Back and still be top scorer :lol: I've played him Pressing Forward, Complete and Deep-Lying Forward all of which he bosses it. Having Ronaldo is like signing Haaland last year insane

Think I'm going to reluctantly switch back to my old faithful 4231. 4231 is my favourite formation in football anyway but I just felt like a change and tried the 3412. Problem is where does Sancho and Rashford play in a 3412? Because you need all rounders on the wings in a 3412, basically wing backs like Dalot and Telles. 3412 doesn't suit United in all honesty. 

Edited by Gee_Simpson

il y a 6 minutes, Gee_Simpson a dit :

Think I'm going to reluctantly switch back to my old faithful 4231 because 3412 is conceding way too many chances unfortunately. 4231 is my favourite formation in football anyway but I just felt like a change and tried the 3412. Problem is where does Sancho and Rashford play in a 3412? Because you need all rounders on the wings in a 3412, basically wing backs like Dalot and Telles. 3412 doesn't suit United in all honesty. 

yes clearly it is a workforce to play with wingers .... or in 5 2 2 1

il y a une heure, Chapman7 a dit :

Pretty sure he could be played Right Back and still be top scorer :lol: I've played him Pressing Forward, Complete and Deep-Lying Forward all of which he bosses it. Having Ronaldo is like signing Haaland last year insane

so there is only at home where it does not work with him

Il y a 12 heures, jackripper a dit :

i will try that thanks