FM22: Manchester United: Never ending transition

sedge11

18 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Think I'm going to reluctantly switch back to my old faithful 4231. 4231 is my favourite formation in football anyway but I just felt like a change and tried the 3412. Problem is where does Sancho and Rashford play in a 3412? Because you need all rounders on the wings in a 3412, basically wing backs like Dalot and Telles. 3412 doesn't suit United in all honesty. 

Quoting myself here but I have stuck with the 3412 for now, gonna give it a whole season before deciding on what to do for season 2.

Edited by Gee_Simpson

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 06/11/2021 at 21:51, Chapman7 said:

Konami has licensing rights and Football Manager had United come for them over them using their official name on the game over the last couple years 

Its an easy fix to restore the proper name though.

On 25/10/2021 at 12:10, Chapman7 said:

Budget isn’t high so wouldn’t be able to go crazy if you got tempted lol. I usually enable it and brihg in some youngsters for my u18’s/u23’s 

I'm a bit surprised by the budgets given. The new manager irl has been promised £100m to spend in January according to various sources. £30m is not enough. FM have got this wrong. Just as well I downloaded the in game editor although ive not changed anything yet since I have the first window disabled

How does Marcus Rashford do on your saves? For me, he has been underwhelming, to put it lightly. I play him as an IF on the left wing in either a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1, and he consistently gets a rating below 7.00 in the league. In the Champions League and with the national team he does quite well, though. Is there something I'm missing?

I've got Rashford playing really well on my save. I'm using a 4-3-3 Gengenpress with Ronaldo dropping deeper, creating space for Rashford and Greenwood to score loads from breaking through the lines. 

Now getting Ronaldo performing and scoring seems to be the challenge. 

Edited by OllyD

21 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Quoting myself here but I have stuck with the 3412 for now, gonna give it a whole season before deciding on what to do for season 2.

Quoting myself for a 2nd time 😂

I tried a 4231 but my word the 3412 creates bucket loads of chances and I actually prefer it, plays better football also with the AMC and 2 strikers all linking up well. So yeah, I'm fully committing to the 3412 for next season also, means I have to make tough decisions though, I now know I'm looking for all rounders on the wings, players who can actually defend but are an attacking threat also. Alexis Saelemaekers is a good example, and one I want to sign for the MR slot. Dalot has been outstanding this season and won a best player award, one of the ones for younger players. Not the player you would expect, but he's honestly been one of our best players, and this formation gets the best out of him. 

Martial will be going, as will Cavani. Rashford doesn't get a regular game which is a shame, but he's not good enough defensively to play on the wings in this formation, so the only option for him is one of the striker roles up top, which I think is fine, either as the False 9 or the AF, he won't be first pick though. Sancho also will be playing either in the False 9 role up top, or rotating with Bruno at AMC. I'm going to offer Mbappe a deal now, hopefully we can get him on a free. He can easily play False 9 or AF. Tempted to bring in Belotti too but I will resist, as if I do that Rashford won't get a look in up top. Haaland will be targeted, I see him as a replacement for Ronaldo but Ronaldo is in top condition so I'm in no rush. I hope City or PSG don't force me to bring him in during the summer, as I want to bring in Mbappe first and wait another season before bringing in Haaland. If I was to miss out on Haaland but definitely secure Mbappe, I won't be too disappointed, as long as I get one of them.

Edited by Gee_Simpson

4 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Quoting myself for a 2nd time 😂

I tried a 4231 but my word the 3412 creates bucket loads of chances and I actually prefer it, plays better football also with the AMC and 2 strikers all linking up well. So yeah, I'm fully committing to the 3412 for next season also, means I have to make tough decisions though, I now know I'm looking for all rounders on the wings, players who can actually defend but are an attacking threat also. Alexis Saelemaekers is a good example, and one I want to sign for the MR slot. Dalot has been outstanding this season and won a best player award, one of the ones for younger players. Not the player you would expect, but he's honestly been one of our best players, and this formation gets the best out of him. 

Martial will be going, as will Cavani. Rashford doesn't get a regular game which is a shame, but he's not good enough defensively to play on the wings in this formation, so the only option for him is one of the striker roles up top, which I think is fine, either as the False 9 or the AF, he won't be first pick though. Sancho also will be playing either in the False 9 role up top, or rotating with Bruno at AMC. I'm going to offer Mbappe a deal now, hopefully we can get him on a free. He can easily play False 9 or AF. Tempted to bring in Belotti too but I will resist, as if I do that Rashford won't get a look in up top. Haaland will be targeted, I see him as a replacement for Ronaldo but Ronaldo is in top condition so I'm in no rush. I hope City or PSG don't force me to bring him in during the summer, as I want to bring in Mbappe first and wait another season before bringing in Haaland. If I was to miss out on Haaland but definitely secure Mbappe, I won't be too disappointed, as long as I get one of them.

Hows your 1st season gone?

2 hours ago, sedge11 said:

Hows your 1st season gone?

Still in January 2022. Sitting in 2nd 1 point off Man City who are top. Liverpool have capitulated in my save, losing games they shouldn't be, really. I think they are something like 13 points behind us and struggling to make the top 4! They are 4th but Leicester aren't far behind. I'm in the Final of the League Cup vs Leicester so hopefully that's the first of many trophies this season.

Signings wise I've signed Kessie on a free transfer, he's joining in the summer. Missed out on Milenković which I'm pretty disappointed about, he chose Spurs instead. I offered him a contract and he was only costing 20m too, shame. I did have him on FM21 though tbf so obviously time for someone different, but I play 3 at the back so he would have been a great addition considering the price. I made the same mistake I did on FM20 & 21, not going for the players I want early enough. I seem to always wait until the transfer window opens before going for players, then the AI start bidding. Milenković choosing Spurs over us, Real Madrid, and other bigger teams 😅 Enjoy top half of the EPL and not much else 😎

That brings me on to Mbappe, my scouts were saying he was wanting around £300k but I didn't even get to the point where I got to offer him a deal because I was stubborn and rejected his demands. He wanted to play only as an AF and also wanted to take penalties, I was not letting him take pens when Ronaldo and Bruno are easily better at pens. I may try again when he's willing to talk but I would imagine he will now demand more money because his agent father now dislikes me 😂. I would prefer Haaland anyway tbh. 

Edited by Gee_Simpson

9 minutes ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Still in January 2022. Sitting in 2nd 1 point off Man City who are top. Liverpool have capitulated in my save, losing games they shouldn't be, really. I think they are something like 13 points behind us and struggling to make the top 4! They are 4th but Leicester aren't far behind. I'm in the Final of the League Cup vs Leicester so hopefully that's the first of many trophies this season.

Signings wise I've signed Kessie on a free transfer, he's joining in the summer. Missed out on Milenković which I'm pretty disappointed about, he chose Spurs instead. I offered him a contract and he was only costing 20m too, shame. I did have him on FM21 though tbf so obviously time for someone different, but I play 3 at the back so he would have been a great addition considering the price. I made the same mistake I did on FM20 & 21, not going for the players I want early enough. I seem to always wait until the transfer window opens before going for players, then the AI start bidding. Milenković choosing Spurs over us, Real Madrid, and other bigger teams 😅 Enjoy top half of the EPL and not much else 😎

That brings me on to Mbappe, my scouts were saying he was wanting around £300k but I didn't even get to the point where I got to offer him a deal because I was stubborn and rejected his demands. He wanted to play only as an AF and also wanted to take penalties, I was not letting him take pens when Ronaldo and Bruno are easily better at pens. I may try again when he's willing to talk but I would imagine he will now demand more money because his agent father now dislikes me 😂. I would prefer Haaland anyway tbh. 

Going pretty well then, 3 at the back working for you.

Yea Milenkovic went to spurs on mine as well, though now is listed by request so I am tempted to get him. Like you I used him on fm21, plus the save I lost but he's just one of those players I like using.

If you want Haaland, I would suggest getting in early, he signed for man city on mine and they wrapped the deal up quite quick. However if you do miss out, or want someone else along with Haaland I do recommend either Vlahovic or Adeyemi both quality young strikers. I have Adeyemi and he's been a good back up, will start to get more as I wind Ronaldo down in the 3rd season.

43 minutes ago, Gee_Simpson said:

I am going to recommend Benjamin Sesko if you don't ger Haaland or Mbappe. He is easily just as good as both in terms of goalscoring. I am have him in my 4th season, he is currently my top scorer and I have both Haaland and Mbappe on fire.

1 hour ago, sedge11 said:

Going pretty well then, 3 at the back working for you.

Yea Milenkovic went to spurs on mine as well, though now is listed by request so I am tempted to get him. Like you I used him on fm21, plus the save I lost but he's just one of those players I like using.

If you want Haaland, I would suggest getting in early, he signed for man city on mine and they wrapped the deal up quite quick. However if you do miss out, or want someone else along with Haaland I do recommend either Vlahovic or Adeyemi both quality young strikers. I have Adeyemi and he's been a good back up, will start to get more as I wind Ronaldo down in the 3rd season.

Yeah loving the 3412 tbh, the football it plays is a joy to watch with the front 3 especially linking up really nicely. It also dominates possession in most games which I like. It can be risky defensively in some games, so I have a 5212 option which just basically moves the wingers back to the wing back slots, I'm only really using it for the big 2 away from home and possibly the biggest European sides. We have City away soon and that's a massive game, I reckon if we win that we'll go on to win the title as we have a good run in compared to them. Liverpool being way off makes me feel less nervous as they are usually on it in recent FM's, really surprised at their collapse. 

How much is Milenković now going for? Good to know he may not necessarily be there for long, I might go back in for him if they sell him later on in the save. Why's he wanting to leave? 

Yeah tbh if Mbappe doesn't want to talk again I'm not too bothered, as long as I get Haaland. Mbappe has low work rate too which I dislike, only Ronaldo is allowed to have low work rate in my team 😂. Because I want to make other signings, I'm hoping I can spread the Haaland deal over a few years, but yeah I'll most likely go for him now in case City come in with their cash. PSG took him from me last time, and it was at the start of the 2nd season too. I would imagine if they lose Mbappe they will be straight in for Haaland. Vlahović and Adeyemi are good shouts, I'll certainly consider them. I'm also looking at Alexander Isak as I like him, and I also like the look of Julian Alvarez at River Plate. I know someone who had him at River and he scored something like 18 goals in 11 games, he can improve significantly according to my best scout too. 

For wingers, I'll be looking at Saelemaekers, probably not an option most United managers would go for, but he's a perfect fit for the 3412. I also love Jose Gaya on the left but Valencia always demand huge amounts for him. Theo Hernandez also looks amazing, I'll see what Milan are wanting for him in the summer. 

Oh, I sold Jesse Lingard for £6.25m to Leicester, may as well when his contract is running out. Mata has agreed a pre contract with Roma and Cavani has agreed a pre contract with Juventus. Not sure what to do with Pogba, who as always has been underwhelming. Dunno if I should sign him up then sell him for maybe 50m or so or just let his contract run down and let him leave on a free?

Edited by Gee_Simpson

18 minutes ago, Mauley said:

I am going to recommend Benjamin Sesko if you don't ger Haaland or Mbappe. He is easily just as good as both in terms of goalscoring. I am have him in my 4th season, he is currently my top scorer and I have both Haaland and Mbappe on fire.

Ah yeah that's a good shout also, I've heard great things about Sesko on this FM. 

Edited by Gee_Simpson

So I won my first 12 leagues games including a 10-1 rout of Newcastle. Ronaldo just incredible, 20 league games already.

Inexplicably, we are out of the Champions League. Bestikas somehow  fluked home and away wins against us although we finished the group with 10 points so did both Bestikas and Atletico Madrid and we were eliminated on goals scored in games between the 3 sides. Joke.

On 11/12/2021 at 22:10, trekman said:

I'm a bit surprised by the budgets given. The new manager irl has been promised £100m to spend in January according to various sources. £30m is not enough. FM have got this wrong. Just as well I downloaded the in game editor although ive not changed anything yet since I have the first window disabled

Why? Ole had plenty to play with in the summer and being the signings are afterwards the £30million is more than generous amount. The Ralph may have large kitty but he's already said signings in are unlikely with the large squad, more chances of out goings than incomings. Also the transfer budget Ralph is meant to be getting is like 6 months in a season so circumstances change in the game in the season budgets can be increased by the board if they feel you are doing a well enough job.

I tend to buy mostly youngsters while I offload players so the budget is more than enough I feel atleast

End of Season 24/25 Review

Really successful season again, seemed much easier with my 4-2-4 pressing style than previous years. Quintuple for second season in row!

Quintuple.thumb.png.b681d21b496e26dbaa32357e7d308510.png

Transfers In

Sesko had to be the revelation of the season, 33 starts and 33 goals with 7 assists in the False 9 role for me upfront with Haaland. At £18.5m he is a bargain and nowhere near fully developed yet. De Ligt hande din a transfer request and I couldn't refuse going in for him. Yeremy was bought as backup for Sancho.179338500_TransfersIn.thumb.png.b6ce1e11effd5c2df310332e8ee0a39f.png

Transfers Out

Sule was decent but started to get annoyed with his playing time so it was the right thing to move him on with De Ligt coming in. Garner, Galbraith and Laird weren't good enough to make the 1st team so were moved on. Diallo could have been the one to take that RW role but when Arsenal came knocking he seemed to want to leave. £60mil was really good price I feel.

2126656983_TransfersOut.thumb.png.9beba3d9ad8b3516fe4632d0e1764f57.png

Premier League

Prem.thumb.png.07128bc677a1fbc7da349ab747ad3fd1.png

Carabao Cup

447258575_CarabaoCup.thumb.png.1fb1fa32130d9a1b369151cb6ba97538.png

Super Cup

1351828205_SuperCup.thumb.png.72de644d53553043e97e89fdc419abff.png

Community Shield

1201602402_ComShield.thumb.png.d4f4ace0377c3a195940fbfeea6d625d.png

Champions League

Really good campaign ended with a game against Liverpool which always proves tricky for me due to their pressing style. Ended up winning pretty comfortably in the end.

CL.thumb.png.f8a5bff054cef54c18cdd188bcd00858.png

FA Cup

2015970676_FACup.thumb.png.086a672d08d9f327543eb91cbf34df6d.png

Best 11

550690261_Best11.thumb.png.1030e661d16879bf7ade094325dd94e5.png

On 12/12/2021 at 23:34, Gee_Simpson said:

How much is Milenković now going for? Good to know he may not necessarily be there for long, I might go back in for him if they sell him later on in the save. Why's he wanting to leave? 

He's about 35-40 mil, he wants to leave because Spurs haven't qualified for europe. He actually scored against me in both games against them.

Season 2 is finished.

It was a season of goals, we scored 112 goals in the league, which helped us clinch the title making sure we won number 21 ahead of Liverpool.

1157051879_s2table.thumb.png.7746fd32bfb2fb911174a5b7cf0bcd19.png

Ronaldo with an incredible season with 33 league goals, and getting 41 in total. Sancho having the best season I think I've ever got him to have. 

We didn't do well in any of the cups, so unfortunately couldn't retain the champs league. Man city went and won the champs league and fa cup, while West ham won their 2nd trophy of this save winning the carabao cup.

The season stats for the players.

735231072_playerstatss2.thumb.png.ba09300695b4fef5257392158f5f9225.png1473666540_playerstass2-2.thumb.png.c8b913ffd29e7e979dec9c839230356f.png

The 2 up front has worked wonders with Ronaldo, Greenwood and Rashford all getting a tonne of goals.

As mentioned Ronaldo and Sancho were the best players. Playing the 4-2-2-2 system meant the full backs got some freedom down the wings and all 4 of my full backs had good seasons. I also managed to get alot of youngsters game time, Hannibal coming back off loan in jan and particularly doing well, Elanga had a decent season playing him as a striker, and Adeyemi brought in doing very well.

Plans for season 3, Lingard is going to be sold, along with Amad who just hasn't impressed like other young players. I will probably sell one of Lindelof or Maguire as I want a new cb as well. Fred would of been the next to go, however he is out injured for another 3-4 months so Mctominay will possibly be sacrificed. 

How is anyone handling Ronaldo's contract? 

I'm in my 2nd season, Premier League has just paused due to the World Cup. Ronaldo has 16 league goals in 11 appearances. Now I can trigger the 1 year ext in his contract or let him leave in June 2023. I have my eye on Lewandowski as a free transfer to come in June 2023. I'm also eying up Haaland, but might buy him and defer the transfer until the 2024 transfer window. I already brought in Mbappé, so a forward line of Ronaldo, Mbappé and Lewandowski is pretty full on (no idea what formation I'd play but some sort of 442 variation).

Has anyone kept Ronaldo on into 2024? I think he'd be 39 by the time his contract would expire. Worth it or free up the wages?

2 hours ago, hickmanrocks said:

How is anyone handling Ronaldo's contract? 

I'm in my 2nd season, Premier League has just paused due to the World Cup. Ronaldo has 16 league goals in 11 appearances. Now I can trigger the 1 year ext in his contract or let him leave in June 2023. I have my eye on Lewandowski as a free transfer to come in June 2023. I'm also eying up Haaland, but might buy him and defer the transfer until the 2024 transfer window. I already brought in Mbappé, so a forward line of Ronaldo, Mbappé and Lewandowski is pretty full on (no idea what formation I'd play but some sort of 442 variation).

Has anyone kept Ronaldo on into 2024? I think he'd be 39 by the time his contract would expire. Worth it or free up the wages?

I triggered the extension and will keep him for the 3rd season. He scored 40 goals then 41 goals in the 1st 2 seasons, his attributes are still good and a partnership of him and Greenwood has been brilliant for me.

21 hours ago, sedge11 said:

I triggered the extension and will keep him for the 3rd season. He scored 40 goals then 41 goals in the 1st 2 seasons, his attributes are still good and a partnership of him and Greenwood has been brilliant for me.

Well I talked that up didn't I. Lewandowski accepted a pre-contract from Real Madrid and Haaland accepted Man City over me and has moved in January 2023. I have no choice but to trigger Ronaldo's extension clause.

Luckily I bought Karim Adeyemi in my 1st season so I'm going to fast track him into the 1st team as backup for the remainder of this season, with a view to him replacing Ronaldo when Ronaldo leaves in June 2024.

Losing out on both Lewandowski and Haaland though! I couldn't bloody believe it.

A season of seconds!!
First season over, and I came a very close second to Liverpool. That sucks! The title slipped out of our hands with a few matches to go, when we suddenly lost to West Ham during a week of madness. Matches on tuesday (UCL Semi Final), Thursday (West Ham) and Saturday (Newcastle). I don't get it, really, that it's possible to get a run like that late in the season.
In the CL final I played Bayern München and lost 3-2.

Transfers so far are below. I hope to cull the squad further, by the time season two gets underway.

20211216221940_1.thumb.jpg.d5b8f573dda70afddfc1318e4ce06fb0.jpg

20211216221517_1.thumb.jpg.5cc67599164453ad4c7910eaa7298e24.jpg

Anyway, David De Gea has become unhappy and I wouldn't mind him leaving, but I can't seem to make it happen. His wages are way too high for any reasonable club to come forward, even if I offer to pay half of the wages. Has anyone managed to sell him on?

@Plektrum I just sold Dea Gea in January 2023. I got £35 million from Newcastle (in one 6 month instalment) and rid of his 375k a week wages. Henderson is now 1st choice but I'll look at replacements in June when the season is over. From what I've seen though there are not that many top quality keepers. Might have to stick with Henderson and source a quality new-gen.

I think be patient with De Gea. He became unhappy on my save (wanted a new challenge) in Summer 2022. No-one bid for him even with offers to pay some wages (I was asking 40-50 mil for him, which was his transfer value range) and then bang - Newcastle become interested in him in November 2022 , I offer him out again and he's gone when the January window re-opens in 2023.

Il y a 23 heures, hickmanrocks a dit :

Well I talked that up didn't I. Lewandowski accepted a pre-contract from Real Madrid and Haaland accepted Man City over me and has moved in January 2023. I have no choice but to trigger Ronaldo's extension clause.

Luckily I bought Karim Adeyemi in my 1st season so I'm going to fast track him into the 1st team as backup for the remainder of this season, with a view to him replacing Ronaldo when Ronaldo leaves in June 2024.

Losing out on both Lewandowski and Haaland though! I couldn't bloody believe it.

a piece of advice I allow myself to buy Vlahovic from Fiorentina a beast this year in the game

@Plektrum

yes me end of season 1 at Inter for 50 million euros he was 2nd GK at home .... I find myself with Dean Henderson holder since the start of my career and I wanted to take Onana but no big difference with Dean so here it is ....

Edited by kad38

Haven't posted here yet, for this edition, so here goes...

I'm also in November of my second season and had the exact same issue: keep CR7 or not. He's still scoring 1 in 1 at the moment, so I'm quite happy. I've transitioned from using a CR7 focused tactic to a more team-based approach. The result is I need more from my striker than just scoring goals and I feel like he goes missing quite often in the interlinking phase. Lewandowski's contract is running out and I have my eyes on him. Haaland and Mbappe have gone to City, so are out of reach. I was in a bidding war for Vlahovic with RB Leipzig, but my board blocked the transfer when I went over €77m. RB bid €85m so Fiorentina refused my offer. Another striker I put on my shortlist is Lautaro Martinez. He seems quite unhappy at Inter and his prize is affected accordingly. So that might be another option. Dybala is another usual suspect, but he's off to Liverpool.

For ingoing transfers, nothing too spectacular: got Rice from West Ham in the summer for €75m, which could grow to €84m with add-ons. I also got Gonçalo Ignácio from Sporting Lisbon in the first winter window for €45m. I bought him as a backup for Varane and Maguire since Lindelof (sold €50m) and Bailly (sold €25m) were unhappy and wanted to go. He actually got ahead of Maguire in the picking order by the start of the second season and is doing a good job! Finally, I also bought Calvin Ramsey (€7m up to €10m) from Aberdeen and immediately loaned him back for a year. Looks like a decent prospect for right back and with Dalot being sold for €50m (couldn't resist that one) to Hertha Berlin and Williams and Laird not being fully ready yet, I now have 3 possible backups for that right back position going into the future. Williams is currently at the club fulfilling that role.

Finally, unfortunately Shaw got another major injury at the end of October, cruciate ligaments, and is out for 6 to 7 months. With the big sales I did the last few transfer windows (Lindelof, Bailly, Dalot, Chong (€5.75m), Fred (€15m), Matic(€3.5m), Pereira (€14m)) and wages offloaded (Mata, Jones and Cavani), I have a decent war chest for some incoming transfers. A new left back might a possibility for this upcoming winter window, although transfers in January are always overpriced.

So I'm at the start of season two and need some money for Adeyemi. Yes, I don't have even 20mil in bank. And Tuanzebe want place in first team or to leave. I offer him to clubs, RBLeipzig offer 25mil + 30% of next sale and now it have been 10 days since Tuanzebe wait to put signature on contract!!!

Same thing happen in FM21 - suddenly players who are unhappy don't want to make quick move and they wait for I don't know what!?!? I'm bit frustrated with that.

So whilst sorting some bits out on my laptop, I managed to recover my original Man Utd save. So I have stopped the current one and have gone back to my original save, which I was thoroughly enjoying before I lost it. So here's abit of a recap of my save.

Season 1

We finished 3rd in the league but won the fa cup.

Season 2

An incredibly tight title race which we won by literally 1 goal.

1060074733_s2.thumb.png.4ad236cebd3b0b6b58f89e0104c296ec.png

Season 3

Another tight race, we got 94 points yet lost our league title.

s3.thumb.png.c9c983a3d387ebb86ec19349d3ed9b14.png

We got revenge on Liverpool though, in a fairy tale ending we beat them in the champs league final, which was also Ronaldo and Cavani's final games before retirement. We sent Mr champions league into retirement with another champions league medal.

1233566685_s3champsleague.thumb.png.41be2b86d673203c6fc22fedad004f3d.png

I picked the save back up part way through season 4, and I have now got to the end of the season, we are out of the cups, so with only the league left, this is how the table looks with 1 game left.

737573906_finaldays4.png.525c52a876d13eb1895f32e4db641a09.png

I have put my 4-2-2-2 formation into this save and this is how our best 11 looks, with the rest of the squad.

1174086967_best11s4.thumb.png.4e4515428be5f5687da9444a104f6584.png

Edited by sedge11

Getting the game for Christmas but already starting to plan my approach. Normally try to incorporate as many of the youth players as possible, how many are worth while in developing?

Have it in my head that I will look at:

Garner

Galbraith

Mengi

Hannibal

Elanga

McNeill

Fernández

Kambwala

Mainoo

Hansen

Laird

Shola 

How have these players developed for people?

51 minutes ago, Ferdy5 said:

Getting the game for Christmas but already starting to plan my approach. Normally try to incorporate as many of the youth players as possible, how many are worth while in developing?

Garner

Galbraith

Mengi

Hannibal

Elanga

McNeill

Fernández

Kambwala

Mainoo

Hansen

Laird

Shola 

Galbraith, Mengi, Hannibal, Elanga, Fernandez, Kambwala, Hansen, Laird and Shola are all out on loan for me and developing well. Garner is acting as a backup for my midfield, and gets starts in cups and is doing fine too. Mainoo is also showing some decent progress. Finally McNeill, he was throwing some hissy fits and I decided to sell him to Newcastle for €1.7m+40% profit sell on clause. Forson and Garnacho are improving too, so you might keep an eye out on them as well.

1 hour ago, Ferdy5 said:

Garner

Galbraith

Mengi

Hannibal

Elanga

McNeill

Fernández

Kambwala

Mainoo

Hansen

Laird

Shola 

I’m 4 seasons in, Mengi and Hannibal have been the best for me. Mengi is now my 1st choice right back and Hannibal has had a breakthrough season and will soon takeover from Bruno.

Elanga and Shola both developing fairly well too. I find Garner and Laird both good to use but their attributes don’t really develop much.

The rest on that list I haven’t used so they haven’t developed.

PSG offers me 50milŁ for Martial on deadline day who is 26 and in coach report says "Unlikely to improve" . Plus 250kŁ week which is way to much for player who scored 3 and asist 3 in PL last season (5 starts and 15 times coming from bench). Must look trough prices here but I didn't saw anyone get that amount of money.

image.png.4b354b065f81250b0edd2c4917a97631.png

With Tuanzebe 25mil and Lindelof 40mil I think that in january I can bring one over 100mil player. Until january I will give chance to Diallo, Chong, Pelistri instead of Martial, and Tengi, Baily insted of Lindelof to see where we need new player most.

So as per the previous post this how we went into the final day of season 4.

1817637345_finaldays4.png.3f4942b8e78901c507f3bc151a21bfd5.png

So we had Newcastle, Liverpool had Bournemouth and Man city had Burnley.

Man city raced into a 2-0 lead while Liverpool went 1-0 down, so City took early control of the title. Then in the 22nd minute we made a breakthrough with the captain Bruno putting us 1-0 up, this was swiftly followed by a 2nd, so at 2-0 up we are now in charge.

Liverpool then equalised through an own goal, the nerves were back. Man city were winning 4-0, while we scored a late 3rd goal to put us 3-0 up, so as long as Liverpool didn't get a winner we would be champions.

1533949268_s4finalday.png.068fee4a84d8d641ea773a77b841e72f.png

Bournemouth held on in an incredible final day, so we claimed the league title back off of Liverpool. For the 2nd time in this save we win the league on goal difference.

2119360123_s4champions.thumb.png.9e0757effaacc0c7370753297499b7ec.png

So the season stats for the players.

695900977_s4stats.thumb.png.b3bb50c9808de96c0f60cc7bd9de2749.png769851602_s4stats2.thumb.png.be8260bcbf7e5d686e393901c0b56b7b.png

Sancho by far and away the best player, with 23 of those assists coming in the league as he sweeped home all the awards. With Ronaldo retired we didn't really have a standout goalscorer, with the goals getting shared around, but it was Bruno who was our highest goal scorer.

Hannibal had a breakthrough season, and won the young player of the year for the league.

So onto season 5, we had the club world cup, which I had zero interest in so I selected quite a youthful squad and we lost in the quarters to Bayern.

I decided not to bring anyone in as I have a good group of young players in Hannibal, Mengi, Shoretire and Elanga, along with 3-4 regens that I will put my trust in. On the players out Martial was sold for a 2nd time :D and Amad also left.

Now to defend our title, and hopefully win a cup or 2 as well.

1 hour ago, milan_manutd said:

In my second season there is only 7 subs in UEFA CL? Is that a bug or the rules have been changed? 

I think the current rule of 5 out of 12 with a max of 3 play interruptions is a temporary rule. Nothing has been decided for next season (afaik), so it'll probably go back to 3 out of 7.

=================================

My game then. Got rid of some more deadwood, and got some good players in as well, but had some bad luck too.

In:

image.png.4b622fc5a7e176209bf02c276e5b4d1a.png

Together with Musiala for €113m (up to €143m) before the cut off date. That's a hefty fee for such a young player, but he's proving to be worth it at the moment!

Out: 

image.png.25267515a645523c78d417825ba95eef.png

You see I decided to sell Donny on deadline day after a good bid came in and I wanted to sign Bellingham, until I saw he was injured for 3 to 4 months... So that transfer was cancelled. It left a gaping hole in my midfield roster, so I decided to look for transferlisted/loanlisted short term options, which turned out to be Sander Berge.

Martial out for €72m was a good one as well. In all we're almost break even in transfer fees for this season. Cristiano's contract wasn't extended either. He was really starting to drop off towards the end of the 2nd season.

Lots of outgoing loans too.

Slightly unrealistic:lol: but here is my current save.

image.thumb.png.37feb510d27f384b50bb04b36142fd38.png

We are just blowing teams away.I'll show the squad screen and tactic in the following pics.

image.png.b69a0f27b897e152c947bc9d1ac8e50b.png

I wanted to play attacking and not use wide players so came up with this.

image.png.190b309b23ea8fed9afe53b3d60cddbc.png

Merry Cristmas everyone.

So I smashed through season 5, and what a season it turned out to be.

At the end of October we had lost 2 league games and had just lost to Chelsea, at this point we were 8 points off of Liverpool, who were looking difficult to catch. However we then put a great run together, going unbeaten for 6 months with a run of 24 league games unbeaten, and Liverpool simply crumbled under the pressure and we retained our title.

297601131_s5table.thumb.png.999d42e445981edd3b9a9177ab1bec31.png

We then piled the misery on Liverpool by beating them in the fa cup final, in a game which they probably should of won haha.

1759155908_facups5.thumb.png.218a6762bbe187ae5938011854cfa071.png

We also won the carabao cup for the 1st time in the save earlier in the season.

903346284_s5carabao.thumb.png.aadb72750834aed6596152a476f29bb7.png

All this meant we won the domestic treble. We couldn't complete a clean sweep though as we lost to Real Madrid in the champs league semi final.

We had our most dominant season yet only losing 4 games all season, 3 in the league and then the 2nd leg of the champs league semi final. Here is the player stats.

777734956_s5stats.thumb.png.cbc0643204aba97116612976341ddb74.png627835980_s5stats2.thumb.png.c57804ba4f380d9dd027e38a96adb4ad.png

Sancho for the 2nd season in a row, was by far the best player, Mason stepped up with the goals and we had 5 players with more than 20 goals in all comps. Mengi cemented his place as 1st choice RB, and Hannibal rotated well with Bruno. We also had Paling a regen LB from the youth set up do well which was particularly helpful, as Shaw kept getting injured and Hernandez kept getting suspended.

So onwards to season 6 and probably the final season of the save, as long as we win the league.

Here were the transfers.

563465225_s6transfers.thumb.png.d24a3147c4246c83c16b170a4af3cfbd.png

Shaw was sold as injuries were starting to take there toll on him and I have Paling whose come through to replace him. Baku just didn't really work out and Mengi has surpassed him.

De Ligt comes in as Varane is now 33 and I wanted a world class CB to replace him with, I had made him the top target and was scouting him regularly, so by the end of the season he was transfer listed as he wouldn't sign a new deal. Munro is a regen striker, he had just top scored at the world cup and 20.5 mil was his release clause, myself and about 4 other teams went for him but he chose us.

This is Munro.

Munro.thumb.png.e443bf039d1542fe47eb42dc749e28d4.png

So lets finish this save in style and see if can better season 5.

Now restarting after finishing first season on the first full release. 

Unsure what to do with Pogba was barely contributing the way I would want a Box to Box especially with his attributes. No teams had even made a contract proposal to him by end of the season either shows how much teams wanted him. Wondered if anyone managed to sell him in first window or not or just worth to just play him and let him leave end of season with his wages not being worth the out put

28 minutes ago, Chapman7 said:

Now restarting after finishing first season on the first full release. 

Unsure what to do with Pogba was barely contributing the way I would want a Box to Box especially with his attributes. No teams had even made a contract proposal to him by end of the season either shows how much teams wanted him. Wondered if anyone managed to sell him in first window or not or just worth to just play him and let him leave end of season with his wages not being worth the out put

PSG normally comes for him in season one if you offer him out. You can get around £48 mil for him.

6 minutes ago, krisdonna said:

PSG normally comes for him in season one if you offer him out. You can get around £48 mil for him.

I'll give it a go offering him out hopefully get some cash for him to replace him with 

Started my United save last night.

I sold Martial, Phil Jones, Fred, Lingard and Dalot. 

I signed Milinkovic Savic and Saelemaekers for big money. 

I then took a different approach signing Fabio Carvalho, Amar Dedic, and Moises Caicedo for the future. All three will join next season.

Going well in the league so far. After 7 matches played I'm sitting 2nd behind a rampant Arsenal.

Apologies as I couldn't find the fm21 thread that I made... :D so will post it here.

1st season finally done after owning the game over a year :lol: won a treble not THE treble with a bunch of morons, no idea how but they must love me! Only gone and drew 4 games in the league and became better than the invincibles (I didnt cheat nor use a downloaded tactic- it was a very frustrating tactic at times but it worked on almost every scale) 

Ajax game was a spectcle to watch, 48shots and 23 on target with a XG on 12 and we only scored 7!! Spurs game in FA cup, lost on pens, hate pens, even bruno dropped one in final against inter, had my heart pounding, but good ol' Fred came in clutch in 2nd half ET.

Players dropped off after feb, really hampered my top stars. Pogba and bruno stood out in midfield, VDB made a late surge to keep pogba out, hannibal few games made some good impact. Martial injuries has made me sell him for 2021/22 season getting in Haaland. Greenwood on the right did so well at the start and fell off a cliff, 3 games upfront and he bagged, might need to rethink. 

Some great goals but one that stands out is bruno's and Pogbas. Pogba driving from own box vs newcastle, goes to the halfway line, dinks the keeper with a 50 yard shot. Bruno is a rocket from 30 yards and smashes it in top corner.Beautiful. 

In: Haaland, Camavinga, Sancho, Kounde

Out: Maguire or lindelof, fred, dan james. 

Looking for some youth prospect and sorting u18's staff out, done the main staff sticking to 4*- 5* 

W2.thumb.PNG.db14c9403a6c7894308baceb723627d5.PNG

w3.PNG.621059ec526834106573680ff08de351.PNG

w4.PNG.91628d949e6706e2f7838c22651d03bd.PNG

w5.PNG.e14e398de0d07a485e20279a184ac2d9.PNG

W.thumb.PNG.8a64390bf659131abc5d65d2c1fe916a.PNG

Edited by BigV

59 minutes ago, jackripper said:

Am i the only one that keeps Pogba?

I've kept hold of him, into my second season. I've played mostly with a 4-3-3 and he did really well in midfield, took Fernandez's spot when he hit some rocky form. 

What are you all doing with the U23s and U18s managers/assistant managers? I've managed to sort out the U23s to have 4.5 at least across all training categories and have improved the U18 coaching to be at least 4.5 in all areas apart from Defending Tactical and Attacking Tactical which are both 4 stars. However I don't think the U23/U18 managers/assistant managers are up to much in terms of their essential attributes for their roles and in terms of coaching I am using them to make sure all workloads are light.

Are there any better managers/assistant managers out there that people have hired to replace the default U23/U18 leadership?