FM22: Chelsea - Building a new dynasty

MBJ96

Ok so finally starting my save for cfc been ages since i been here properly good to see alot of you from fm2010 era

Will update when through about a quarter of the season i have added a tactic im using and developing as i go plus screen shot of planned starting 11

Mourinho 4-3-3 DM Wide - MK1.fmf1569040_20220404224804_1.thumb.png.7cf9791b68f8c69e772b75903b77418f.png

Edited by silv3rf0xx

On 04/04/2022 at 17:26, silv3rf0xx said:

Ok so finally starting my save for cfc been ages since i been here properly good to see alot of you from fm2010 era

Will update when through about a quarter of the season i have added a tactic im using and developing as i go plus screen shot of planned starting 11

I've just started a new save recently as well. The sale of the club going on IRL motivated me to get something going and it's been going really well so far. Tactically, I'm doing something similar to you. I'm playing a modified gegenpress 4-3-3 and it really seems to suit the squad quite a lot.

Lukaku has been immense, with over 30 goals in all competitions and we're only in January. I think he has something like 4-5 hattricks in the league already. Even though his passing stats aren't great, playing him as a false nine seems to allow play to build up around him and get him into the box at the right times. Havertz is also a real asset to the squad. He's a great fit in the false nine role, but has also excelled playing as an advanced playmaker in the midfield. I think I'll try moving him out on the right, though. Ziyech has been playing well there, but his poor finishing has really prevented him from kicking on.

I'll post an update when I'm home later this evening. I ended up selling a few players and have about £80m to spend in January. I'll be looking to potentially bring someone in as a long-term replacement for Jorgi, but also realize Gilmour will be back at the club next season. Porto's Vitinha seems to look quite good, anyone have any experience with him?

7 hours ago, PitchPosh said:

I've just started a new save recently as well. The sale of the club going on IRL motivated me to get something going and it's been going really well so far. Tactically, I'm doing something similar to you. I'm playing a modified gegenpress 4-3-3 and it really seems to suit the squad quite a lot.

Lukaku has been immense, with over 30 goals in all competitions and we're only in January. I think he has something like 4-5 hattricks in the league already. Even though his passing stats aren't great, playing him as a false nine seems to allow play to build up around him and get him into the box at the right times. Havertz is also a real asset to the squad. He's a great fit in the false nine role, but has also excelled playing as an advanced playmaker in the midfield. I think I'll try moving him out on the right, though. Ziyech has been playing well there, but his poor finishing has really prevented him from kicking on.

I'll post an update when I'm home later this evening. I ended up selling a few players and have about £80m to spend in January. I'll be looking to potentially bring someone in as a long-term replacement for Jorgi, but also realize Gilmour will be back at the club next season. Porto's Vitinha seems to look quite good, anyone have any experience with him?

Can you share your tactic(s) as well mate?

I struggle with scoring with Lukaku

8 hours ago, PitchPosh said:

Not been on it today but havertz works really well from the right was not sure he would needs some time to adapt but will work in a similar way j.cole did on left

2 hours ago, JoOSTAR said:

Can you share your tactic(s) as well mate?

I struggle with scoring with Lukaku

Here's the tactic I've been using. There are only a few individual player instructions, which are as follows:

DLP(s): More Direct Passes

AP(s): More Direct Passes, Roam from Position

IF(a): Sit Narrower

image.png.13b55856d93fbc067bb679ca839c1fab.png

There is still some work to do to get better results against top sides like City and Liverpool, but it's pretty effective. Hope this helps, let me know how you get on. 

Le 06/04/2022 à 15:46, PitchPosh a dit :

with the latest update, are you bought out by a sugar daddy or not in your games?

20 minutes ago, kad38 said:

with the latest update, are you bought out by a sugar daddy or not in your games?

On my save, I believe I was bought out by a consortium, but I'd have to double-check. After buying one player for £39m in the January transfer window, my overall balance is -£1m, so I'll be interested to see what happens at the end of the season.

When the game starts you get one of 3 options: single owner who promises huge transfer budget, a consortium, or multiple consortium.  If you get the first you get a front end owner who will invest loads in the team.

The takeover completes around 14-16 Oct.

Edited by thegr8anand

2021/22 Season Recap

Competitions

Premier League - 1st, 95 pts (30w, 5d, 3l)

Champions League - Quarter Final, knocked out by PSG

FA Cup - Semi Final, knocked out by Wolves

Carabao Cup - Final, lost to Liverpool

Transfers In

Vitinha - £39m, 6.77 avg. rating

Thomas Lemar - Loan, 7.47 avg. rating

Total: £39m

Transfers Out

Andreas Christensen - £21.5m

Ross Barkley - £9.25m

Ruben Loftus-Cheek - £9m

Kenedy - £2m

Total: £41.75m

Top Goalscorers

Romelu Lukaku - 59

Kai Havertz - 22

Pulisic - 12

Top Assists

Reece James - 15

Mason Mount - 15

Hakim Ziyech - 11

--

Overall, it was a pretty good season. I was disappointed to go out to PSG in the Champions League, as we outplayed them over both legs, but just couldn't find the back of the net. Similarly, I was disappointed to not make it to the FA Cup final, as I expected to beat Wolves quite easily. Liverpool were our boogey team the whole season, where we lost two and drew one in our 3 meetings with them. I found a 3-4-3 tactic that seems promising in terms of being able to negate the way they play, so I'll be interested to see what comes of it over the course of next season. Winning the Premier League was quite a nice achievement that I didn't expect at all from the first season. Most of the season we bounced between first and second with Liverpool, while Man City made a late push. We played extremely well down the final stretch, probably thanks to getting knocked out of FA Cup and Champions League, with some impressive victories over rivals. We beat Arsenal 3-0 at the Emirates, then followed that up with a 5-0 thumping of Spurs at The Bridge.

Lots of moving parts already during preseason, with some transfers that have well upset the fanbase a bit, but it seems like it'll be hard to keep the club out of the red with all the big wages going on. I'll make a post detailing out all of the ins & outs of preseason once I make it to the first match of the season. Hope everyone else is enjoying their saves!

2022/23 Season Update

Competitions

Community Shield - Lost to Man City, 2-2 (4-5 penalties)

Transfers In

Youth was the focus of this transfer window. Tino, Mitchell and Kamara are all 22 or younger and help shore up the back line for years to come, while Tino coming back to the club adds another homegrown player as well. Gonclaves was brought in as a direct replacement for Timo out on the left and gives Pulisic some competition. Hopefully he'll bring some improved finishing to the position, as Pulisic missed quite a few clear cut chances throughout the previous season. Real Madrid came sniffing around Kepa of all players and I was excited by the opportunity to get his wages off the books. He played well when called upon during the previous campaign, but Mendy earned a new £165k/week deal after some incredible performances over the course of last season. Thus, Onana was a great cheap option to bring in and he was more than happy to play as a backup, but after signing him Real cooled their interest in Kepa and now I'm stuck with three keepers with no on interested in taking Kepa off our hands. Overall, a nice chunk of money spent, but these signings should prevent further money from being spent over the coming years.

Tino Livramento - £40m

Tyrick Mitchell - £31.5m

Pedro Gonclaves - £31.5m

Boubacar Kamara - Free

Andre Onana - Free

Total: £103m

Transfers Out

I had to take a breath after getting these signings done. Lots of Kante and Azpilicueta were big losses, but I was informed neither were interested in extending their deals as we moved into preseason, so they were moved on. As good of a player Kante was, Mount was always the better performer as a mezzala in the midfield and we had Gallagher coming back, so it was probably good timing anyways. If I'm looking at the finances correctly, we trimmed about £1.4m per week off the wage bill, which was one of the main goals of the window, as I wasn't exactly sure how supportive the new ownership would be financially. I couldn't believe I was able to pawn Werner off to Arsenal, which carries on the tradition of unloading our highest paid and aging players to them. Hopefully Turbo Timo doesn't come back to haunt me during the season! Most other transfers were unloading the dead wood from the Loan Army, which is always welcome. Overall, I probably didn't replace the quality that left the squad like-for-like, but the new signings should come b

N'golo Kante, Real Madrid - £43m

Timo Werner, Arsenal - £41m

Hakim Ziyech, Inter - £21m

Malang Sarr, Brighton - £20m

Cesar Azpilicueta, PSG - £20m

Marcos Alonso, Napoli - £15m

Emerson, Atalanta - £12m

Michy Batshuayi, Tigres - £8.75m

Matt Miazga, Valencia - £5m

Marcus Bettinelli, Crystal Palace - £1.5m

Baba Rahman, Celtic - £1.5m

Total Out: £190.5m

So far, things are going well in the League with a 100% win record including a 3-2 win away win over Spurs thanks to a 93' goal from King Kai. Hopefully we can keep up the momentum!

On 09/04/2022 at 23:53, thegr8anand said:

When the game starts you get one of 3 options: single owner who promises huge transfer budget, a consortium, or multiple consortium.  If you get the first you get a front end owner who will invest loads in the team.

image.thumb.png.bdae4e929d7ae6e22bc7006a03b0a387.png

Already have Mbappe coming in on free transfer. Time to get in Haaland too.

Edited by thegr8anand

On 09/04/2022 at 19:23, thegr8anand said:

That's interesting to know. Is a single investor always a front end owner or can you get a single investor who is a back end or underwriter owner?

30 minutes ago, Lewis007 said:

That's interesting to know. Is a single investor always a front end owner or can you get a single investor who is a back end or underwriter owner?

I did loads new saves to test and these were the only options. Usually the single investor always commits to some big amount of investment 70-100m when takeover is completed and i checked in editor and hes front end sugar daddy. The above was the first time in new patch i actually played till end of season for new budgets and got that.

19 hours ago, thegr8anand said:

image.thumb.png.bdae4e929d7ae6e22bc7006a03b0a387.png

Already have Mbappe coming in on free transfer. Time to get in Haaland too.

Wow! That's a nice bit of cash, I definitely didn't end up with a similar owner. I've been able to save most of my transfer income, but things seem like they'll be tight otherwise. 

So far so good for me in the league. The team is playing well, but definitely not the same as the previous season. It could just be the fact that the new squad members are settling in, hopefully we'll see the squad playing to similar levels as last season. 

I made 2 purchases in Jan that were needed to help the starter team. A DC and a AMR/ST; both contributed nicely in the second half of the season. Sold Sarr, Barkley and some youngsters for about 20m.

image.png.c263fb7c87c24a194ed16f8b0b6f8729.png

S1 turned out to be a massive success. EPL went to the final day with us only a point ahead of Man Utd and need a win to guarantee it.

image.thumb.png.2692254415a170f6659488e420efd942.png

Super Cup and Carabao cup were won but lost to Liverpool in SF of FA cup as they came back from 2-0 down to win 3-2 after my team was knackered from the fixtures and couldn't compete in extra time.

But we had our revenge in UCL as we beat them to become the winners.

image.thumb.png.d36c2551c0b391c341f6f49057fd53ea.png

With the massive budget provided by new Roman, lets just say i did a complete overhaul :cool: Haaland will have to wait another year though as can't offload Lukaku and only play with 1 striker.

These happened end of S1.

image.thumb.png.cde3bcf339f474860da3150ff078141b.png

Start of S2.
image.thumb.png.090aed733577600f3664dc0bf0211e20.png

First choice XI (Havertz the super 12th man that can help in middle or upfront when needed)
image.png.f5e8a1c2eac1b33a863fc3890af47e73.png

17 hours ago, thegr8anand said:

I made 2 purchases in Jan that were needed to help the starter team. A DC and a AMR/ST; both contributed nicely in the second half of the season. Sold Sarr, Barkley and some youngsters for about 20m.

image.png.c263fb7c87c24a194ed16f8b0b6f8729.png

S1 turned out to be a massive success. EPL went to the final day with us only a point ahead of Man Utd and need a win to guarantee it.

image.thumb.png.2692254415a170f6659488e420efd942.png

Super Cup and Carabao cup were won but lost to Liverpool in SF of FA cup as they came back from 2-0 down to win 3-2 after my team was knackered from the fixtures and couldn't compete in extra time.

But we had our revenge in UCL as we beat them to become the winners.

image.thumb.png.d36c2551c0b391c341f6f49057fd53ea.png

With the massive budget provided by new Roman, lets just say i did a complete overhaul :cool: Haaland will have to wait another year though as can't offload Lukaku and only play with 1 striker.

These happened end of S1.

image.thumb.png.cde3bcf339f474860da3150ff078141b.png

Start of S2.
image.thumb.png.090aed733577600f3664dc0bf0211e20.png

First choice XI (Havertz the super 12th man that can help in middle or upfront when needed)

Wow, that's some business! It's funny seeing all of those huge fees, then M'bappe is in on a free. Some good fees for players going out, too. Keep us posted on how the season goes, you must be favorites for the title!

46 minutes ago, PitchPosh said:

Wow, that's some business! It's funny seeing all of those huge fees, then M'bappe is in on a free. Some good fees for players going out, too. Keep us posted on how the season goes, you must be favorites for the title!

Should be easier this time. First 3 games with first 2 against Liverpool. Team hasn't settled yet as well with all new players.

image.png.57b756c9e2196026456f893440eed502.png

3 hours ago, thegr8anand said:

Should be easier this time. First 3 games with first 2 against Liverpool. Team hasn't settled yet as well with all new players.

image.png.57b756c9e2196026456f893440eed502.png

Nice results, beating Liverpool away 3-0 isn't easy. They always seem to play really well no matter what. I'm sure you'll be scoring for fun once the team settles in and starts to build some chemistry. Looking forward to seeing what that squad can do!

I'm almost into October on my save and things are going well. We've won all of our matches so far, with the exception of a 0-0 draw against United at Old Trafford. Havertz has been playing really well out on the right as an inverted winger. Hopefully we can keep up the momentum. I'll post an update once we hit January.

2022-2023 Jan Update

Remain unbeaten since start of the season with all wins except 2 draws. Also smashed 20th ranked Swansea for EPL record of 10-0.

image.png.31cbc650ae3a6128f1bd25874be89906.png

image.thumb.png.34a84d543960591613e3f4c8d90cdcc3.png

England won the World Cup. James is unhappy i am not playing him at FB role like i promised (stupid DoF contract promise and i play him has IWB). Mount has been the best player in the team with AVG rating over 8.

Lukaku won all the end of the year awards with Werner :lol: at Bayern coming  second. Man city have had major interest in him since the start of season but no bids. If i can sell him will buy Haaland.

image.png.cba78ae83602ccba9e0808dd605e61de.png

And City just bid 145m+ for Lautaro.....

image.png.9855158443b0fc8fe3bc6d7690ea32d6.png

Edited by thegr8anand

5-0 over Spurs and a 7-0 win over West Ham are awfully nice! Looks like it's smooth sailing so far. I wonder how much business Man City will do after they finalize the deal for Lautaro. I'm sure they'll find a way to spend more money.

What are Mason's stat's looking like for him to average an 8.0+ rating? I'm playing him in a similar role and he does really well, but not that well. Very impressive indeed

Edited by PitchPosh

2022-2023 End of Season 2 Update

EPL was won by game 34 and team went to lose our first game after that to Arsenal and not break the EPL record of 100 points.   

image.thumb.png.e6419cebdf854a6df688d40cc2ac2736.png

De Ligt, Mount, and Musiala were out of the UCL final. Having used lot of rotation many of the starter players morale went down to yellow. Went down to 3-0 to Madrid before huge effort in last 30 mins to claw back to 2-3 and Pulisic like real life unable to draw it at the end.

image.png.536d9a6ed52f6c789fb5f14dc897a508.png

Lukaku also came and said he himself thinks hes not good enough for the team and wants out. This did coincide with drop in stats. I happily said i will let him leave.

image.png.ff1281fd61e44634b0f28ace16ca5a6e.png

Haaland got listed for 105m which i immediately bid and now he will join the team. Lukaku still needs to be ofloaded. Earlier preliminary budget was set to 6m in wages and around 230m for transfers .

Edited by thegr8anand

6 hours ago, thegr8anand said:

2022-2023 End of Season 2 Update

Not a bad haul there! Haaland for Lukaku seems like about as good of a switch as you can make. Hopefully you can offload him for enough to break even with the Haaland transfer fee. Seems like wages won't be an issue with the new owner you got.

I've just gone through and set up all my scouting assignments. Just about all of my scouts are looking for 'hot prospects' as I want to keep the loan army going. Haven't found any crazy regens yet, but it's only the second season. Anything you all do to maximize your scouting?

So I had a nutty season with Chelsea, managed a lot of late nights as it was so engaging and mental the first season we had! We won every competition, Lukaku was on some special sauce and then to top if all off, we got finally a takeover after several attempts and weeks waiting.

I used the 451 Kashmir tactic from the legend Knap

Screenshot 2022-04-23 at 11.31.25.png

Screenshot 2022-04-23 at 11.31.33.png

Screenshot 2022-04-23 at 11.32.39.png

Screenshot 2022-04-23 at 11.33.00.png

Screenshot 2022-04-23 at 11.33.18.png

Edited by Raymubdo21
Added tactic notes

Le 23/04/2022 à 12:34, Raymubdo21 a dit :

So I had a nutty season with Chelsea, managed a lot of late nights as it was so engaging and mental the first season we had! We won every competition, Lukaku was on some special sauce and then to top if all off, we got finally a takeover after several attempts and weeks waiting.

I used the 451 Kashmir tactic from the legend Knap

Screenshot 2022-04-23 at 11.31.25.png

Screenshot 2022-04-23 at 11.31.33.png

Screenshot 2022-04-23 at 11.32.39.png

Screenshot 2022-04-23 at 11.33.00.png

Screenshot 2022-04-23 at 11.33.18.png

nice....formation please ??