Is there an issue with transfers?

So 2 scenarios.. Fulham came in for Jovic and unsettled him despite my club about to enter the Champs league. Lowball bid of under £2m plus app £450k in add ons as well as 20% of future sale. Of course I turned it down and Jovic got annoyed.. A couple of other clubs tried to buy him, again all low fee and add ons. So I took over Fulham and tried to sell him to them for his "Value" of £22m and get the board block it as they only value him at max £5m but even that is at a stretch.

2nd scenario is Stefan Bajcetic value of just under £20m and yet clubs are trying to buy him for under a quarter of his transfer "Value"..

Both players are not 'Transfer listed'. Jovic was about to get loan listed and Bajcetic is loan listed and just came back from a loan.

When I have bid on youth players and tried to lowball my offers I basically get told get stuffed and come back with a more respectable offer.. So how is it acceptable that the AI keeps lowballing every offer. Is this an issue or part of the game?

transfer1.jpg

transfer2.jpg

transfer3.jpg

transfer4.jpg

1 hour ago, STaphouse said:

Their "value" in this instance looks like its just the asking price that you've set on them. Just because you value them at this, doesn't mean other teams will.

Also, what year are you in? Are their contracts expiring soon?

Values have not been touched, they are what they are. Possibly high as Jovic got a good few games as backup on the LW while Bajcetic spent the past season on loan and did reasonably well.

Jovic is 1 year into a 5 year contract. Bajcetic is 1 year into a 4 year contract

2 hours ago, kopfan1977 said:

Values have not been touched, they are what they are. Possibly high as Jovic got a good few games as backup on the LW while Bajcetic spent the past season on loan and did reasonably well.

Jovic is 1 year into a 5 year contract. Bajcetic is 1 year into a 4 year contract

Are you sure value haven’t been touch? From my understanding, it only shows 1 value when you set an asking price. Maybe you’ve done it from a staff meeting.

but just because a player’s value is a specific number, doesn’t mean that the other team think they are worth that number. This have been covered in the first look video.

3 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Are you sure value haven’t been touch? From my understanding, it only shows 1 value when you set an asking price. Maybe you’ve done it from a staff meeting.

but just because a player’s value is a specific number, doesn’t mean that the other team think they are worth that number. This have been covered in the first look video.

Nope no values are set. Although Jovic value could be due to him just being transfer listed. Even when not transfer listed his transfer and also guide value is £20-23m.

Bajcetic for some reason does have a value set despite not being listed, nor through any talks. So not sure how that has happened. Even still £10-15m transfer value and £20m guide value.

Clubs should not be low balling these types of bids especially when AI point blank refuses to deal with a human lowball bid.

Player values are just wonky, always have been and that's pretty much how they are in real life as well. I have youngsters that look like they'll never make my first team that are valued millions (and mind you that's playing as a rather poor AZ), I have solid squad players that are valued half as much and I get random youth signings that are worth 100m. Sure they're good players since they're good enough to be first eleven players for my side, but 100m? Right off the bat? That just seems very optimistic!

As for actual transfer values, I've gotten/negotiated offers far above and beneath their values, so it's not like the AI always low balls you. It's just that the AI has their own internal pricing mechanism, just like you as player have and will bid depending on that. Whether that matches up to the supposed value of a player? Pretty irrelevant to them. In the end, there's too many influences towards player value that are not relevant for player quality, which will result in values very rarely matching with what you'd general value a player of that level of quality.