La Liga Salary Cap

Hey all,

I know salary cap for La Liga teams was reduced this year, but I am having trouble finding any transparency on this in game (FM22). I tried to renew a players contract, and after the deal was agreed it came up in my inbox saying we could not exceed xxx total wage (was around 950,000GBP per week but the figure isn't really relevant). It is a specific figure relative to player wages that does not include staff costs.

My wage budget as per my board allows me to renew the contract as we are under our own budget, so I assume the message I am getting is salary cap related. We do not have any FFP concerns. I can't however find any information in game as to how this figure will develop, and I had no idea I would be exceeding it when I offered the contract.

If anyone can help me with info here I'd appreciate it. I may take this to the bugs forum if needed to see if adding some transparency around this issue is possible if it turns out to be appropriate.

Thanks!

Edited by bowieinspace

Just got newly into the game to test and saw something like that ye. But im afraid its not on point. Did a test buy and suddenly i saw this salary cap on Real Madrid, tried to get Pau Torres but was not possible but that for sure not correct. Real Madrid has more space to do something in comparison with a Barca. I mean Real Madrid could buy last summer Mbappe so there is for sure more space free in Real Lifde than the game is giving now. 

1 minute ago, f.zaarour said:

Just got newly into the game to test and saw something like that ye. But im afraid its not on point. Did a test buy and suddenly i saw this salary cap on Real Madrid, tried to get Pau Torres but was not possible but that for sure not correct. Real Madrid has more space to do something in comparison with a Barca. I mean Real Madrid could buy last summer Mbappe so there is for sure more space free in Real Lifde than the game is giving now. 

I think that comes down to the fact you can still spend the money, but the salary cap is based on registration. As I understand it, as long as you are in a transfer window and squad registration is open you can be quite flexible, but then you just can’t register everyone for la liga if you are high on salary. The reductions in salary caps in la liga have been huge so it adds an interesting new dimension to la liga saves. I’ve absolutely no issue with it in principal, I simply feel it’s not particularly intuitive or clear in game

On 28/10/2021 at 23:33, bowieinspace said:

Edit for anyone interested - you can find the salary cap info on the squad registration page. 

Can you upload a screenshot to show me? I think that it’s great that they have added the salary cap to the game.

13 hours ago, Arla2002 said:

Can you upload a screenshot to show me? I think that it’s great that they have added the salary cap to the game.

Probably doesn’t need a screen shot to be honest. It’s pretty simple. At the bottom below the players where you can see the registration numbers (eg homegrown numbers, number of outfield players registered etc) there’s a line that says salary cap. It shows your salary (rounded) and your salary cap. 

Its placement on that screen is just fine, it’s the lack of info on other screens (eg contract renewal screens for example) that can cause issue