Split block in a defensive/ underdog tactic

1 hour ago, Fmhnunter said:

Hello all 

How effective would the split block be in a tactic where you are the underdog. Which positions  should do the pressing 

Well, using a split block is primarily meant to contain defensive solidity, so yes it fits an underdog team. Usually you want your strikers and attacking mindflieders (including L/R) to provide pressure while the rest is maintaining their position to mark out players and cut off passing lanes. This is meant to be implemented to a mid or low block.

1 hour ago, Fmhnunter said:

Hello all 

How effective would the split block be in a tactic where you are the underdog. Which positions  should do the pressing 

It would help people to advice you if you posted a screenie of your tactic :thup:

Purely for a split block, I'd say your front three 

I think your TI's look sound but I'd maybe change some player duties, like have the Mez on Support & IF on Attack to firm up the centre & offer another goal threat, you could maybe afford to have one of the fullbacks on Attack too 

I don't really think what you're describing is necessary. The way pressing works on FM anyway is that the front players press and then the midfield moves up to block off passing lanes. It's not like your forward and CM are both gonna break position to press an opposition centreback at the same time. If you start to give your front 3 or front 4 players an instruction to press more, you might just end up with a disjointed defence, as the front 3 get drawn out way further than the midfield.

Edited by Jack722