Zealand Face Pack for FM22

pdmalcolm

I got around to installing a logo pack on my FM22 beta this morning and then thought I'd take a swing at Zealand's NewGan face pack. Now, I've played FM and CM since 1997 and this is the first time I've ever modded it... I know. Weird, right?

Anyway, I think I followed the instructions to the letter but my NewGens aren't updated and I still have the standard SI goons staring back at me. Has anybody else added the facepack to their save and did it work? Just to save me going back over it 30 times. 

It worked for me!

Have the game open.

You need the "is newgen" filter which comes in the download in your "filter" folder . You also need the "SCRIPT FACES player search" in your "views" folder. Use search filter be sure to untick all of the boxes including "own players" so your players show up in the search.  Import "is newgen" filter and all o the newgen players should be chosen. Go the views tab at the top of the list and import "SCRIPT FACES player search" and choose that view. there should be the players namd and 3 numbers on the right side.  Now "select all" of the players. Then got to "print" (command-p on a mac) and a menu will come up and you should choose "text file" and press ok. This will save this list. This is the RTF file and I put it in the fm22 folder.

Now, open NewGan-Manager. Name the profile at "Create Profile" and click "create". now at select profile find the profile you just created. At "select image" use the "..." box to find the "FMNEWGANv2 + Update 1" or whatever you source folder is from the facepack.. In the "RTF file" use the "..." box to find the RTF file you made above. In the mode box choose "generate and tick "allow duplicates". Now you can press "replace faces" button and it should work. Go back in the preferences and click  "reload skin" and you should have new faces.

On 30/10/2021 at 16:40, McBride said:

It worked for me!

Have the game open.

You need the "is newgen" filter which comes in the download in your "filter" folder . You also need the "SCRIPT FACES player search" in your "views" folder. Use search filter be sure to untick all of the boxes including "own players" so your players show up in the search.  Import "is newgen" filter and all o the newgen players should be chosen. Go the views tab at the top of the list and import "SCRIPT FACES player search" and choose that view. there should be the players namd and 3 numbers on the right side.  Now "select all" of the players. Then got to "print" (command-p on a mac) and a menu will come up and you should choose "text file" and press ok. This will save this list. This is the RTF file and I put it in the fm22 folder.

Now, open NewGan-Manager. Name the profile at "Create Profile" and click "create". now at select profile find the profile you just created. At "select image" use the "..." box to find the "FMNEWGANv2 + Update 1" or whatever you source folder is from the facepack.. In the "RTF file" use the "..." box to find the RTF file you made above. In the mode box choose "generate and tick "allow duplicates". Now you can press "replace faces" button and it should work. Go back in the preferences and click  "reload skin" and you should have new faces.

i don't get it. I did all the things you have mentioned above but I still can't get it to work on my Mac. it worked fine for me on fm21

7 hours ago, lingardinho_ said:

i don't get it. I did all the things you have mentioned above but I still can't get it to work on my Mac. it worked fine for me on fm21

what happens when you do it? Does it sat "Successful" after you hit "replace faces"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

**FIX FOR RANDOM ETHNICITY**

If you are seeing this problem its because you are using the wrong view when creating shortlist.

I was getting same problem because I was using the “NEWGAN” view but this view doesn’t account for nationalities.

You need to use the “SCRIPTS FACES” View. This should fix it.

Since this thread got active again. Newgan is great, i am 21 year into FM22 so there is very few original faces left.

One minor problem i have is that every time i update (about early June every year) there is some faces that gets deleted and ordinary regen faces appear. Both on own team and others. And they do not get new faces next year. The regen face stays put rest of their "life".  When you are used to Newgan faces the regens looks like monster on your team :-)

I use preserve, and duplicate. Only way to fix this is to generate everyone fra scratch, but then every face gets new.

Anyone else experience this?

And replying myself here in case anyone has the same problem: Very weird, but other facepacks made the error. It was only some of the pictures, and my solutions is now to merge the whole Zealand config file my other facepack config file and have all the pictures in the same catalogue. Its strange since the old facepack don't have any of the regen id's but that was how it got it to work 100%

Edited by H_a_a_k_o_n