Do player performances cause transfer interest?

I'm still playing FM20 but im hoping this still applies

So i'm managing in the Premier League and I have a regen who isn't up to the standard, I offered him out to clubs and received no interest for ages, and because of an injury crisis he came off the bench in a game and scored the winner, the day after this I suddenly get 4 bids of £4 million pounds for him

I don't know if the AI works based on a players CA or their form? Or a mix of both? With this guy it's weird because it was just a one off goal that's generated bids for him, that's why i'm wondering if it's a coincidence or not

Could anyone advise?

Cheers

16 minutes ago, ryanlion28 said:

I'm still playing FM20 but im hoping this still applies

So i'm managing in the Premier League and I have a regen who isn't up to the standard, I offered him out to clubs and received no interest for ages, and because of an injury crisis he came off the bench in a game and scored the winner, the day after this I suddenly get 4 bids of £4 million pounds for him

I don't know if the AI works based on a players CA or their form? Or a mix of both? With this guy it's weird because it was just a one off goal that's generated bids for him, that's why i'm wondering if it's a coincidence or not

Could anyone advise?

Cheers

I know form plays a factor. it's similar to international team selection. They tend to pick players who are in form so I won't be surprised that your player is now on some radars  because of his form.

Thanks, the thing is on FM if you sign a player who's got incredible attributes and they perform awfully for you, you can still sell them off at a mega price because their ability represents huge value, where as in real life if a good player had a terrible season, their price would definitely take a tumble, thats why I wonder how much relevance form is..

For example, if you manage to make a championship striker top scorer in the Prem 2 seasons in a row, no big teams would come looking to sign him

13 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Im sure CA and rep also play a factor if not a bigger one than form.

There are also other factors like contract length left, player interest and the loyalty attribute for each player. Teams are more likely to make offers for players that are willing to join them.