Season 2: Surviving the Premier League

Tweaked

Im Ipswich Town and have just won the championship and thus am promoted to the Premier League. My squad is as follows:

GK: Richard Wright - Good solid goalkeeper who made the Championship season best 11 but i doubt whether he can cut it in the prem.

GK: Shane Supple - Will most likely be sold

DC: Tamika Mkandawire - Did well for me in season one but isnt up to premier league standard so i will let him go.

DC: Gareth McAuley - Was back up for Volz in season 1 and played very few games. Will also be transfer listed.

DC: Eduardo - One of my stars in season 1 and definetly the best defender. Will do my best to keep him with the team.

DC: Alex Bruce - Did well in season 1 but unsure whether he is prem standard so will most likely make him back up.

DC: Pim Balkestein - Young prospect that i will probably hold on to for back up.

DC/DM: Ivan Campo - Headed up my 5 man defense in season 1 but is starting to age and will be sold.

LWB: Razvan Rat - My best player in season 1, i will definetly keep him as he is a vital part of my wing back formation.

CDM: Veliche Shumulikoski - Another star in season 1, he is a vital part of my set up and will be kept.

CM: Liam Miller - Got him on the cheap in season 1 and i will probably sell him now.

CM: Fabian Delph - Amazing prospect who did suprisingly well in season 1 but i will probably send him out on loan for this season.

CM: Owen Garvan - A vital part of my team, injury kept him out for most of season 1 but i know he is good enough for the prem.

CM: Liam Trotter - A championship prospect who i will probably send out on loan and look to sell for season 3.

ST: Jonathan Walters - Was my top scorer until he got injured. Not sure what to do with him.

ST: Danny Haynes - Finished as my top scorer with 11 goals but i doubt the youngster will cope in the prem league. Unsure on his future.

ST: Robery Lewandowski - My star striker who i know will be vital to my survival.

Ive been given £7.5million and i doubt this is enough to keep my up. Im need a new starting goalkeeper, a new right wingback after Volz returned to Fulham on loan. A couple new centre midfielders with attacking capability and a new striker.

I currently play a 5-3-2 formation with 3 centre backs, 2 wingbacks, 3 central midfielders, one set to play as a defensive midfielder, and two strikers. With such a small budget im not sure what im gonna do. Does anyone have any suggestions for who i can buy?

EDIT: I should mention im on patch 9.0.1

Yeh i know. I put it down to my defense. I only conceded 36 goals in 46 games. My top goal scorers were as follows:

1. Danny Haynes - 11

2. Jonathan Walters - 8

3. Veliche Shumulikoski - 7

4. Robert Lewandowski - 6

5. Fabian Delph - 6

6. Owen Garvan - 5

Yeh i know. I put it down to my defense. I only conceded 36 goals in 46 games. My top goal scorers were as follows:

1. Danny Haynes - 11

2. Jonathan Walters - 8

3. Veliche Shumulikoski - 7

4. Robert Lewandowski - 6

5. Fabian Delph - 6

6. Owen Garvan - 5

Only 36 goals?! Rather high bud.

Anyway in Enyeama playing at Juve, try and loan him/ buy him on the cheep.

You got promoted with your top scorer on 11 goals? :eek:

I'm in the play-off final and my top scorer only has 13, and three of them came in the 1st leg of the semi-final. My goals are spread all over the team, I've got half a dozen people with 8-10. So it's not unbelievable.

Mancienne operates fairly well at RB if you can get him on loan

I brought Cristian Alvarez from B.Jerusalem for 500k in my first season after promotion and he did ok, stats look good too, altho Ass man thought he was poor lol.

Daniel Sturridge is usually available on a free after the first season, deadly form for me, altho I managed to gte Adriano for £4mil and Saviola on loan (to wolves somehow so you should manage it) Adriano scores loads but disrupts the Harmony at the club a lot. Luis Jimenez at Inter (co-owned) is a great signing too may cost around £4mil, and try and get Mehmet Ekici on loan from Bayern, the kids is a beast in my side now in 4th season, played 20+ games each season with great form, comfortable anywhere in the middle and scores rockets, I also snapped up Jozy altidore on loan from Villareal,, altho his stats dont look amazing he banged in 25 goals a season (i signed him full time for 2.5mil after the loan), and Iago is usually available on loan for the first 3 seasons, after i had him a year i got offered him for £2mil

Cheers for the feedback guys. That was very helpful BlueWolf although im after a right wing back and Mancienne won't be able to cut it in that position. Im hoping to get Keirisson on a free but i am facing huge competition from the likes of Marseille, Dortmund, AC Milan, Roma, Juventus, Porto and Real Madrid so i dont really have a hope in hell.

Stefan Celozzi is my current RB and he can play as a wing back, cost me a fair bit in season 3 but may be cheaper for you, does very well, my Ass man pushed me to buy him, alvarez can play there too

Davide Santon, is awesome anywhere down the right IF you can get him, try a loan bid first, you may get him for a decent fee tho

also one thing I've foiund with this version, some players who say they have no interest, or your Ass man says wont be interested, will still sign, not like previous versions where it was very hard, I've not had a single signing turn me down when tehres no other club in for them, even when they say they have no intention

Oh and Kerrison is ok, but needs some time to settle, i use him as a sub mainly

Well ive got Keirisson coming on a free so even if he does badly i cant complain.. although he is taking up a large portion of my wage budget at 23k a week. Ive made a move for Sturridge and a keeper called Remy Riou. Because Man City were relegated a lot of their players are leaving. Obviously the likes of Robinho are way out of my price range, but i can get Stephen Ireland for about 2mill so im looking into that. I will look into that right back thanks and i am also taking a look at Nedum Onuoha who i can get pretty cheap.

Wow city relegated?

they have been buying superstars on my game and doing very well, I got offered Ireland for 3mil but he chose newcastle, they do have some great players out the squad tho once they start buying superstars, you can get Ustari pretty cheap now too, have you tried asking for more cash?

Ive tried asking for more transfer money and money for wages and got rejected because the board think i have 'adequate resources' which in my opinion is b/s because 7.5mill isnt much when you are trying to turn a championship squad into a premier league squad. Ive made a move for Ireland and city have said they want 3.8mill for him which means i cant sign him because of my small transfer budget.

Archived