Penalty replays, Technical Directors, stats, rest

Vicente14

1. An option to disable penalty replays permanently. I don't need to see it, I skip everyone, I imagine I'm not alone. I saw it in real time because it always shows it in full.

2. An option to just permanently assign the recommended training intensity all the time, it's a drag having to go and constantly click it. Also tell us who is deciding that, the Head Physio, Sports Scientist or a combo of both?

3. Can we get more stats? PPDM, xT, xA etc etc. Either I can't find or it doesn't exist but a shot accuracy overall would be nice, I can get it for I think 5 games but I'd like to be able to select a run of fixtures in the schedule and get stats for that period. Also we can no longer customise the match day stats when doing a game. I want to add more on like you used to be able to, to fill all the empty space, and cannot find a way, so I'm guessing it was removed?

4. Technical Directors. I don't know if I have the worst luck with technical directors but they just seem mostly useless. An example:

In my United saves I always have to bin about 80% of the backroom staff because they're all terrible. It used to really annoy me under SAF because we obviously had good coaches. It makes more sense since he left because so many are bunk now. So before I click my first click I'd spend a good hour firing them all and approaching their replacements before anyone else can. So last year I signed a TD and didn't use him, he just renewed the contracts. This year I thought "I'll just fire everyone and let him fill the vacancies because there's so many". Literally all his suggestions are ass. A few slipped through the net because the DoF was set to finalise contracts and stuff, but I turned that off and started looking at them hoping it was an anomaly. Nope. For example he wanted to sign a GK coach for the lower teams (can't remember). He had 11 for every gk coaching stat and iirc pretty average discipline and motivating. I thought "damn, maybe all the coaches suck" and had a look. Took me a few seconds to find an objectively better coach, whom I hired. So again I stopped him signing guys and he just does the contract renewals.

I talked and someone said maybe because it was vacant the the TD got a lower skilled guy because that's better than nothing, which is what it was comparing against and over time it will get better. So a bottom up approach is how you'd describe that I guess. That seems inefficient and expensive. I suggest a top down approach, which is what we all do. It gets the best signing you can get at the time, hopefully.

I dunno how it works in the code but I'm thinking the game knows what a perfect coach for each position is (it has the stars) so why not use that and the Judging Staff Ability skill to dictate how close to that they can get?

Pick Defending Technical. A perfect coach for that would be:

20 Defending

20 Technical

20 Motivating

20 Discipline

20 Determination

[20 WWY if they're doing so]

That speaks the native language and has a similar footballing philosophy [maybe? I don't know if that actually counts], which I assume has some sort of weighting applied.

So that's 100 points. So the JSA should dictate how close to that they can get, either absolutely [the value is directly related to JSA] or some via fuzziness related to JSA. It should look at all the scouts based on the clubs knowledge and it's own stats like determination and professionalism and whatever and try to sign the one with the highest points total it can [factoring in Negotiating/budget etc]. That will ensure they get the best coach they can get.

If it does work that way why are mine so garbage?

That's all, thanks.

• 4 months later...
  • SI Staff

Thanks for taking the time to input your requests. A couple of these have already been raised and so are yet to be rejected or accepted. Also for future reference when making feature requests it's best to post each of them individually with more detail to each so that we have a clear and thorough idea of what you want before reviewing :)