Device requirements for FMM 22

On 05/11/2021 at 18:34, Marc Vaughan said:

Thanks - we try :D

@Marc Vaughan hi Marc, could we perhaps see it in the future where support is dropped for the benefit of the game or the game caters towards both high end and low end devices?

For example quite a few years back when the enhanced engine was announced (2016 maybe), newer phones could take advantage of it but older phones could still use the old engine at the time.

Would we be able to see that in the future where perhaps we want a very large database with lots of leagues (relative to mobile not PC) so only high end phones could perhaps do that or maybe a new engine that is quite advanced such as the 2D engine on FM touch or PC where it can support higher end devices whilst older devices can still use the old engine?

Features along those lines with the capability on newer hardware, would we be able to see that in the next few years (especially the PC/FM touch like 2D engine would love that)?

Thanks

Edited by HM786

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, HM786 said:

@Marc Vaughan hi Marc, could we perhaps see it in the future where support is dropped for the benefit of the game or the game caters towards both high end and low end devices?

For example quite a few years back when the enhanced engine was announced (2016 maybe), newer phones could take advantage of it but older phones could still use the old engine at the time.

Would we be able to see that in the future where perhaps we want a very large database with lots of leagues (relative to mobile not PC) so only high end phones could perhaps do that or maybe a new engine that is quite advanced such as the 2D engine on FM touch or PC where it can support higher end devices whilst older devices can still use the old engine?

Features along those lines with the capability on newer hardware, would we be able to see that in the next few years (especially the PC/FM touch like 2D engine would love that)?

We keep an eye on what is possible and practical and will likely make moves along those lines at some point, incidentally the current Enhanced match engine is one of the older FM PC match engines somewhat optimized for use on mobile (and somewhat updated to include modern football changes obviously).

• SI Staff
8 minutes ago, Footix said:

Interesting - which FM PC is it based upon? 

I believe it was from 2008 or 2009, there about. Obviously it's been further enhanced since it was originally put into FMM though (which was a fair few years ago now).

• SI Staff
31 minutes ago, ElliottMS said:

I'm gutted. I have an iPad 4th generation and it's not supported :(:(:(

Sorry to hear that - the game requires Metal support now so some of the oldest iOS devices had to be dropped because of this.

3 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Sorry to hear that - the game requires Metal support now so some of the oldest iOS devices had to be dropped because of this.

:(

my iPad has had a good run but I guess it's time to retire it lol. Ironically I was panicking yesterday because I accidentally left it unattended in a bag outside for a couple of hours and was so relieved when I found it untouched and more than anything that's because I was gonna play fmm22!

To help me with the grieving process, is it one of the new features which required metal and if so which one? Or is Metal an iOs requirement now? Or if it's too technical to easily explain, or something security based meaning you can't tell me then of course say so.

I'm sure it will work on my phone but that won't be the same as an iPad screen. Ah well, such is life!

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, ElliottMS said:

To help me with the grieving process, is it one of the new features which required metal and if so which one? Or is Metal an iOs requirement now? Or if it's too technical to easily explain, or something security based meaning you can't tell me then of course say so.

It's not something that we can discuss I'm afraid (sorry).

(I will say that if you upgrade your iPad the new ones are lovely - my wife has one ..)

7 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

It's not something that we can discuss I'm afraid (sorry).

(I will say that if you upgrade your iPad the new ones are lovely - my wife has one ..)

Fair enough!

Not a purchase I can afford right now unfortunately. It works on my phone so just have to get used to the much smaller screen.