wonder kids and work permits

Playing as Leeds I'm finding most wonder kids don't have work permits from teams in europe even 19 year olds.Is it still loan them out the best way to gain one or can you keep them in your squad and gain one.

22 hours ago, Metal said:

You need to loan them out then they will get a work permit. It's annoying but that's the only work around unless you wait until they get enough caps while rotting in the reserves which is never gonna happen.

And relevant to where? Mean loaning out in the UK or other Europe competitions or doesnt matter. 

Edit: Nvm, stupid me lol. 

Edited by f.zaarour

If they don't have a WP to work in UK , there is no point in loaning them to another club in the UK.

You are best to pay attention to the scout report and/or the agent discussion before you offer for a wonderkid as these will tell you the likelihood of the player getting a WP and are rarely wrong.

2 hours ago, FrazT said:

If they don't have a WP to work in UK , there is no point in loaning them to another club in the UK.

You are best to pay attention to the scout report and/or the agent discussion before you offer for a wonderkid as these will tell you the likelihood of the player getting a WP and are rarely wrong.

Plus, on the search screen (Player search or Shortlist) you can set the condition under the "transfer" grouping. I just filter by "Work Permit Chance: Likely" OR "Work Permit needed: No".

But i think the OP is less blindsided than disapointed. But hey, blame the Rules, not the game. I would however really celebrate the day the game could tell you how close/far off a player is from getting the Points needed to qualify via club.

If you’re an English club then no point loaning to Europe to get an EU work permit as still won’t be valid to play in the UK.

You’re best chance when loaning out is that they get called up by their country and start to get enough caps to meet the uk work permit criteria.

1 hour ago, woodsy1983 said:

If you’re an English club then no point loaning to Europe to get an EU work permit as still won’t be valid to play in the UK.

You’re best chance when loaning out is that they get called up by their country and start to get enough caps to meet the uk work permit criteria.

I dont think thats true.  IF you loan them out to some Spanish club and if they play reguarly, after 6 months they (in most cases) should be considered playable in UK. 

They basically mean if you are in the UK there is no point loaning a player out to get a passport for an EU nation which is what people used to do pre-brexit, now you need to loan them out to a place where they are likely to be able to earn enough points to gain a work permit, which will now depend more on the circumstances.

Also with the limits on how any FGN U21 players you can sign in a season in the UK it may not be worth signing up 'wonderkids' who cannot get a work permit any longer.