• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday 4th February 2022

Press Conference: Huddersfield Town (a)

069_Huddersfield_pre1.png.afec22e1e1c8a77730d0136afcc075d3.png

069_Huddersfield_pre2.png.8f11b51aba740225d75ef927f314a9a7.png

069_Huddersfield_pre3.png.3130224edf5fb5f642e2e5403ed76ca6.png

We'll be without Graeme Shinnie tomorrow who's suspended after collecting 10 yellow cards.

069_Huddersfield_pre4.png.94b1d95904a2902f75210f254e6f8b23.png

Our injury list is growing at the moment with Dylan Williams joining the other walking wounded in the treatment room this week.

069_Huddersfield_pre5.thumb.png.e5f48e08eb99825573ddd5fac365bbd1.png

We've been struggling for form of late, although we should have beaten Birmingham City last time out, so I think it's time to try something a little bit different.

Hopefully it will catch Huddersfield out.

069_Huddersfield_pre6.png.0d93e7f44bc19db78a69514c9ee748f5.png

Edited by Stuniverse

Saturday 5th February 2022

Huddersfield Town v Derby County - Championship (30)

069_vHuddersfield1.png.d3ebcd6da12433efc6f75131bc410fa6.png

069_vHuddersfield2.png.82bc2fb4c9b464a647091cb19e0a6fe8.png

069_vHuddersfield3.png.c21d0ecad66bbedb3744e892f8365219.png

069_vHuddersfield4.png.a1e03f06581f1d4009afa118a00dd336.png

If only we could score goals.

This was a very even game with nothing in it... except they converted one chance and we failed to score.

069_vHuddersfield5.thumb.png.1313c293b96ee81da881e9597dcaf102.png

069_vHuddersfield6.thumb.png.832aaba8b138eaf08c2ff21594caea1c.png

Wednesday 9th February 2022

Any ideas anybody?

Our form is awful...

071_form.png.c7b4565688bbe14d6d7ad1a994cc036e.png

We're struggling to score goals...

071_injuries.png.f08a0d29517fbee151c943e547105e18.png

And we keep picking up injuries, particularly to defenders...

If anybody has any ideas, I'm all ears...

Not sure what formations you've tried - or players you have but I've taken on edge of relegation teams (admittedly usually in December) with a

4-2-3-1 Wide formation Positive Mentality at home, Balanced away and had success, but your problem is the games they have to blend into it.

The roles are pretty basic

FB's on Support and CB's on CD or BPD

Midfield 1 x BWM (Def) 1 x CM-(Att) or B2B (Sup)

AM Wides - W or (IW / IF ) - if player traits allow - Automatic Mentality to allow for Home/Away.

Striker - Best suited to player

Keep the Instructions simple - among which should be

Play for Set Pieces - get yourself a good corner routine (near post still works to some degree after patch) and make sure each game you have the best jumping ratings as receivers for your attacking corners and best takers (in-swinging preferable).Also make sure your best jumpers are matched up for zonal cover and Marking tall players on defensive corners.

Passing 1 notch below halfway, Tempo 1 notch above halfway

Make the middle congested when playing better teams - Higher Def Line and Lower LofE

Stretch the play Higher LofE when playing lesser teams.

Also maybe pick your fights and play weakened teams against top sides and save your best fit eleven to pick of the teams around you ?

By no means guaranteed but may help ?

4 hours ago, TheMadMonk said:

Not sure what formations you've tried - or players you have but I've taken on edge of relegation teams (admittedly usually in December) with a

4-2-3-1 Wide formation Positive Mentality at home, Balanced away and had success, but your problem is the games they have to blend into it.

The roles are pretty basic

FB's on Support and CB's on CD or BPD

Midfield 1 x BWM (Def) 1 x CM-(Att) or B2B (Sup)

AM Wides - W or (IW / IF ) - if player traits allow - Automatic Mentality to allow for Home/Away.

Striker - Best suited to player

Keep the Instructions simple - among which should be

Play for Set Pieces - get yourself a good corner routine (near post still works to some degree after patch) and make sure each game you have the best jumping ratings as receivers for your attacking corners and best takers (in-swinging preferable).Also make sure your best jumpers are matched up for zonal cover and Marking tall players on defensive corners.

Passing 1 notch below halfway, Tempo 1 notch above halfway

Make the middle congested when playing better teams - Higher Def Line and Lower LofE

Stretch the play Higher LofE when playing lesser teams.

Also maybe pick your fights and play weakened teams against top sides and save your best fit eleven to pick of the teams around you ?

By no means guaranteed but may help ?

Thanks, @TheMadMonk

I’m enjoying reading this despite your current challenges. I’m a Spurs fan exiled in Derby, and all my in-laws are Rams so I have a soft spot for them. I’m sure you can turn this around. Dane Scarlett should bang in goals at this level. He just needs the service. I’d be tempted to go 442 and have him play off a big man. Just keep it simple and use low crosses. Alternatively a 4231 (wide) with Tom Lawrence in behind him should work. Again keep it simple is the key. Good luck. 

1 minute ago, edgar555 said:

I’m enjoying reading this despite your current challenges. I’m a Spurs fan exiled in Derby, and all my in-laws are Rams so I have a soft spot for them. I’m sure you can turn this around. Dane Scarlett should bang in goals at this level. He just needs the service. I’d be tempted to go 442 and have him play off a big man. Just keep it simple and use low crosses. Alternatively a 4231 (wide) with Tom Lawrence in behind him should work. Again keep it simple is the key. Good luck. 

Many thanks, @edgar555. I hope I can find a way to turn it around.

Hope you get a way soon.

I'd would go for a more conservative 4-1-4-1 with a striker who can hold the ball and bring your midfielders into play (you got Sibley and Ravel, so you can have some firepower from midfield.)

Play a negative football who relies on not losing and then trying to win is a popular tactic on strugglers for a reason, it's better than it looks. I saw you fancied 3 central defenders, might be a good time to try again (5-3-2 or even a 5-4-1).

My final advice is to think well what plan you'll use and stick to it till you can actually see if it works or not.

Cheers,
Bitner 

4 hours ago, Bitner said:

Hope you get a way soon.

I'd would go for a more conservative 4-1-4-1 with a striker who can hold the ball and bring your midfielders into play (you got Sibley and Ravel, so you can have some firepower from midfield.)

Play a negative football who relies on not losing and then trying to win is a popular tactic on strugglers for a reason, it's better than it looks. I saw you fancied 3 central defenders, might be a good time to try again (5-3-2 or even a 5-4-1).

My final advice is to think well what plan you'll use and stick to it till you can actually see if it works or not.

Cheers,
Bitner 

Thank you, @Bitner.