More Relationships

fmonit

At the moment, there are hardly any familial relationships between players/coaches/managers/staff for newgen players. I'd suggest to add more relationships.

To me, it would increase the immersion of the game a lot more, and create better stories.

A couple of things that could be added that don't seem like it would change the structure of the game much are the following:

Brothers

For instance, 2 players are generated from the same club academy with the same last name (in different seasons), and it shows in the favoured personel list that they are brothers. It give you various options to structure certain things afterwards, such as:

• moral boost if they play together in the first team (club or country)
  • moral boost if the other scores, assists or is mvp
  • moral loss if one of them is sold to another club
  • moral boost if the brother is purchased by the club the other brother is in
  • they would share the same opinion if a player is treated unfairly or whatever they want to talk about in private chats
  • if you make one brother unhappy, the other brother will become unhappy as well
  • etc.

It could really help the moral of players in both positive or negative way, depending if they get along.

Father(Mother)/Son

This could also work for staff or "the son of..". But probably best for newgen staff as it might be hard to add all the kids of all the real players into the game. For instance, newgen player "Joppe De Vos" (newgen from my current game) retires and becomes manager of a club. Suddenly a newgen players pops up in the academy of that club called "Tom De Vos", who happens to be his son. A similar moral structure as outlined above could then be applied.

Spouse and Kids

It could be fun if spouse and kids are also added to newgen players.

For instance, (to use the newgen example from my current game) "Joppe De Vos" plays in Genk in Belgium and has a spouse called <generated female first name and surname> from Belgium (or any nationality that is present in Belgium). At age 26 and the night before the Belgian Cup final, they have a son "Tom" and Joppe does not join the squad for the game as he is celebrating the new addition to the family. It would also give him a moral boost for when he gets back from his paternal leave. Tom also appears on the personal information list and could potentially feature later in the game as "son of..." when he turns 15 or 16. Tom has Belgian nationality as he is born in Belgium, from a Belgian father and mother.

Let's say that Joppe then gets transferred to Spurs, any future kids could then have the nationality of the parents and the country they were born in.

And even: Joppe could break-up with his spouse, giving him a moral loss and also maybe a brief loss of performance (depending on personality). He could then find a new spouse from let's say Portugal, meaning any future kids could have Portuguese/Belgian/English nationality. It could even be a deciding factor for Joppe when he winds down his career and he gets offers from Benfica and Feyenoord. Because of his connection with Portugal through his spouse, he may be more interested in a transfer to Benfica.

If a newgen comes out as gay, it just means that the spouse name would be male, or even potentially another player in the game, in which case the moral structure could also be triggered.

Summary

I don't know if this will add lots of coding or be hard to achieve as I don't understand much about programming, but it could be potentially be achieved by adding a "family tree" to the personal information of a player. And the family details don't have to be detailed, I'd be happy with just a name and nationality. Maybe DOB and age can be added if easy to do.

To me it would create a lot more immersion, and if would add some great story telling. I'm a long term save FM player and I love looking at my former players history 20-30 years into the save to see where they have gone, what they have been up to and how they have performed.

What do you think?

• 3 months later...