FM22 Liverpool Thread - Bow down to the KING!

Staf9

Liverpool F.C.

RLPKZ0s.jpg

Welcome to the FM22 Liverpool thread! Liverpool Football Club is a professional football club playing in the Premier Division, the top tier of English football.

History

The club was founded by John Houlding in 1892 and play their football at the legendary Anfield stadium since its inception. They joined the Football League Second Division at the beginning of the 1893/94 season and were promoted at the end of it, after finishing first place. They won their first First Division in 1901. They continue to win it in 1906, 1922, 1923 and 1947.

Relegation to the second division occurred after the 1953/54 season. In 1959, Bill Shankly was appointed as head coach, releasing 24 players and creating the famous "Boot Room", a boot storage room where he would discuss tactics with his coaches. Under his tutelage, the club was promoted back to the first division in 1962 and won the league in 1964, 1966 and 1973, as well as their first UEFA Cup in 1973 and first FA Cup in 1965 and again in 1974. Soon after, Shankly retired and was succeeded by his assistant and Boot Room member, Bill Paisley. During his 9 year tenure as The Reds manager, the club won six League titles, three consecutive League Cups, a UEFA Cup and to top it all, three European Cups.

In 1983, Joe Fagan replaced Paisley and his debut season Liverpool became the first English club to win three trophies in one season - the League title, the League Cup and a European Cup. Two years later, the club's most legendary player Kenny Dalglish was appointed as manager and added three League titles and two FA cups to Liverpool's trophy cabinet until his retirement in 1991, including the last League title in the club history at the end of the 1989/90 season.

The nineties were fairly barren for Liverpool, as they won the FA Cup once and a League Cup once. In 1998, Gerard Houllier was appointed as head coach and he improved the club's fortunes, winning a unique "treble" in 2001 of a UEFA Cup, FA Cup, and League Cup. He added another League Cup after two seasons. During Gerard's tenure, some of the future's most important Liverpool players rose to fame, including Jamie Carragher, Sami Hyypia and the future "Captain Fantastic" Steven Gerrard.

In 2005, under the helm of Rafa Benitez, Liverpool won the European Cup, now the Champions League, for the fifth time in the club's history, ranking Liverpool third in the list of the tournament winners. They won their last FA Cup in 2006, and in the 2008/09 season, a side featuring Carragher and Gerrard, along with Xabi Alonso, Fernando Torres, Javier Mascherano, and Pepe Reina, achieved 86 points, Liverpool's highest PL total, and were only 4 points behind eventual champions, Manchester United.

Benitez left the club before the start of the 2010/11 season. After a short period under Roy Hodgson, the returning Dalglish and Brendan Rodgers, Liverpool, now under new and more giving owners, appointed the very popular Jurgen Klopp as the man who would lead the club to the Premier League Title

Club Honors:

• League Champions (19) - 1901, 1906, 1922, 1923, 1947, 1964, 1966, 1973, 1976, 1977, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1986, 1988, 1990, 2020
  • Champions League Winners (6) - 1977, 1978, 1981, 1984, 2005, 2019
  • EURO Cup Winners (3) - 1973, 1976, 2001
  • FA Cup Winners (7) - 1965, 1974, 1986, 1989, 1992, 2001, 2006
  • League Cup Winners (8) - 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1995, 2001, 2003, 2012
  • European Super Cup Winners (3) - 1977, 2001, 2005, 2019
  • Community Shield Winners (15) - 1964, 1965, 1966, 1974, 1976, 1977, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1986, 1989, 1990, 2001, 2006
Edited by Staf9

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

few options for HG players to pick up for the squad over seasons 1 & 2. worth looking at these to add to the HG under 24's in the squad

Donington - CB with spurs, can be picked up cheaply and if he has hit the higher end of his PA could be good 4th choice but as a squad HG player well worth getting as a 5th choice option

Alfie Devine- again from Spurs. potentially a star CM

Noni Madueke - with PSV, very good option to bring in as an AMR 

Jamal Musiala - potential superstar as a striker or AML while he is a German international he is also English. 

Josh Tymon - LB from stoke. very good LB cover

Tammy Abraham - ST, Roma, again very good player and could be excellent back up 

Tosin Adarabioyo - CB with Fulham. good pick up as a 3rd or 4th choice CB

Omar Richards - LB with bayern. could possiblilty be bought easily and good stats as a back up LB

In ready for release day. Used beta to prepare.

Got my staff shortlist and player shortlist all ready. Made a note of which staff to replace.

Formation ready, training ready.

Cant really sell many in first window, got 7.5m for Karius. No one else would go for good money, unless anything changes in day 1 patch.

Looking to get 1 CM, as most of ours are injury prone or old. Deffo looking to get Bellingham, maybe Savic too (ask board to buy, worked in FM21 and beta).

2 hours ago, Staf9 said:

few options for HG players to pick up for the squad over seasons 1 & 2. worth looking at these to add to the HG under 24's in the squad

Donington - CB with spurs, can be picked up cheaply and if he has hit the higher end of his PA could be good 4th choice but as a squad HG player well worth getting as a 5th choice option

Alfie Devine- again from Spurs. potentially a star CM

Noni Madueke - with PSV, very good option to bring in as an AMR 

Jamal Musiala - potential superstar as a striker or AML while he is a German international he is also English. 

Josh Tymon - LB from stoke. very good LB cover

Tammy Abraham - ST, Roma, again very good player and could be excellent back up 

Tosin Adarabioyo - CB with Fulham. good pick up as a 3rd or 4th choice CB

Omar Richards - LB with bayern. could possiblilty be bought easily and good stats as a back up LB

Madueke looks amazing. Might go for him and let Elliott play more as a mezzala.

Richards is a good shout, i like his profile.

Great work on the thread @Staf9!

I'm all prepared for the full game release too. Feel suitably prepared for a long save!

How are you guys setting up your front trios (assuming you play 4-3-3) and the midfield trio ?

Been having an IW(a) - Dlp(s) - IF(a) and for the midfield a BWM(d) in the deep with a box to box and Mez(a) / CM(a) ahead of those. Seems to work pretty well!

Apart from that I'm very happy with how well Tsimikas is as cover on the left.
Elliott looks really great for the CM role, and Curtis Jones seems decent (seems he has had a bit of a decrease in PA, which I guess is ok and in line with his real life developement).

What do you think of Kaide Gordon so far ? Eager to develope him over a few season! Musialowski as well as mentioned above :)

It’s going to be interesting developing Harvey Elliott and trying to find his best position. He doesn’t really have the pace to play as a wide player in the same way Mane and Mo play. He looks more of a wide playmaker type which probably works better with an out and out number 9 which Liverpool don’t really have. Plus he has Mo to contend with anyway

i think I’ll try and develop him as an attacking midfielder in the same way Liverpool used him before his injury. 

Love the thread this will be the first time I won’t get any version of FM on release date.I’m gonna wait till the 3rd update which usually around Late Feb or early March as I normally start a long term save then but I’ll check the thread regularly 

Was waiting for this thread to start :D

Have completed my first season in the beta - really want to carry it on as it went so well - won the treble: league, champs league and fa cup. Won 31 games, drew 4 and lost 3, but two of those losses came after winning the league and I was rotating for the other two finals.

Sold Matip at the start because he kept getting injured in pre-season and Newcastle wanted him for £57m and then I went in for Kounde for about £86m or so. 

Managed to sell Origi for £25m too as well as Karius for £4m roughly. With that money and some tinkering with the wage budget, also brought in Isak for £36m and he was amazing - 43 goals in 40 games as my main striker. 

Played 4-2-3-1 with Jota behind the striker for the start of the season and that worked well but then reverted back to 3 in the middle as I had so many midfielders who were not getting game time as I was playing with 2 CM's in different roles, Fab wasn't played that great either so changed to having a DM and 2 CM's.

First season was over and I am really enjoying it as I managed to sign Mbappe on a free as well as Brozovic (29 years old though...) and selling some of the higher earning midfielders like Thiago and Ox as I hardly used them and they didn't really perform. Sold Minamino for £50m to Arsenal(!) and just trying to strengthen the squad with younger players. 

I normally start a new save but I kind of want to carry this on when the full game releases but might just give it a try but keep a save of this one to go back to...

On 06/11/2021 at 18:43, krisdonna said:

Mateusz Musialowski looks like a gem this year, wonder how good he can become.

he seems to have a lot of random stats (so does bobby Clark and Kaide Gordon) i've done over 10 starts to get an idea on the players ratings. i think all 3 mentioned are very similar but it will take a bit of luck to get the stats to go in your favour to make a really good player out of them. 

31 minutes ago, Staf9 said:

he seems to have a lot of random stats (so does bobby Clark and Kaide Gordon) i've done over 10 starts to get an idea on the players ratings. i think all 3 mentioned are very similar but it will take a bit of luck to get the stats to go in your favour to make a really good player out of them. 

True, what bothers me the most are the technical stats that are random.

Might be lucky cause on my save they are decent, not perfect but  i can work with them.

Edited by krisdonna

21 hours ago, glenn28 said:

Love the thread this will be the first time I won’t get any version of FM on release date.I’m gonna wait till the 3rd update which usually around Late Feb or early March as I normally start a long term save then but I’ll check the thread regularly 

Had a change of heart just bought the game but waiting till the full release & then install everything 😊

I played Liverpool in the Beta. Origi was top scorer in the first season, with 30+ for the season all comps! Did the treble also (UC,PL,LC) and the WCC and CS after. Van Dijk and Matip both getting about 10 goals each from corners. The corners were so overpowered that a home game against Everton ended 9-2!

I'll be making some tactical adjustments for the non-beta save, so probably won't recreate those stats. But they were fun to watch!

Here we go! Let's get active again.

Installed last night, started up, played my first friendly before bed. 

Always good to see glenn28 and Staf9 still here from wayyy back in the day.

1 hour ago, A Double K said:

Kind of sad that a few of my transfer targets aren't rated that highly anymore - Kerr Smith alongside some others. 

Also sad that I wasn't able to get Bergkamp as a coach - wasn't a problem in the beta! Now he says he won't join due to the rivalry with Arsenal! 

Thats odd, Bergkamp had no problems joining me.

8 hours ago, MH2k said:

good to see you back, hope your well mate

Not many transfers first window.

Terminated some staff and replaced them with better coaches and scouts. 

Sold Karius for 5.75m to Shaktar (offered him out for that much).

Bought Bellingham for 52m (10m upfront, 42m over 3 years, loan back till next transfer window, Jan.)

Looking to sell Matip, Ox, Milner, Keita, Thiago, Minamino, Adrian in Jan/2nd season due to age or injury proneness.

Second season (or Jan) will be crucial to revamp midfield and get good forward backups and 1 CD.

Edited by Siven

1 hour ago, Staf9 said:

good to see you back, hope your well mate

I'm good mate, yourself?

Sold Karius, 4.2M. Happy with that. Looking at signing Harvey Maudner from Reading, as my future AMR, with Harvey Elliot on the left. Although both can play all across the pitch at least.

Edited by MH2k

18 hours ago, MH2k said:

Good to see you back FM is a addiction been for years 😂

Edited by glenn28

5 hours ago, glenn28 said:

I've setup my game turned off the 1st transfer windows will strengthen my midfield in the Jan windows 

I too turned off the first window. Didn’t want Man City signing a centre forward! 😁

Sarted my save, Sold Minamino, Karius and Origi to get rid of some players that cant perform or i dont like (Origi). Only bought Belotti i the first window, and some kids (Alfie Devine from the Spurs(16) will be a great CD). Also got the board to negotiate and buy Moukoko from Dortmund, but he will only arrive in 2023 (56M Euros deal).

Right now its the 1st of January, and the transfer market is open, i got 200M in the bank but the boar only allows 1M transfer budget (?) Guess COVID aftershock...

Only went for Mbappe, made him an offer, aldo Madrid and Barça placed offers... so i raised my envelope to the player and agent... hopping that cuts it. If not, there are good oportunities in this market like Ginter and Corona, lets see what happens.

End of season i thinking about selling Keita and Thiago, and going for Bellingham and Ward-Prowse (or Neves). Also looking for some kids at Porto (Vitinha, Conceição and Vieira) Also selling Matip and going for Sule.

Top of the League, alongside ManUdt who have a super Ronaldo (cant stop scoring) and Arsenal following 3 pts behind. Passed my Bayern, Atalanta and Olimpiakos group with only one draw. Ill meet Porto next.

Enjoying life, the 3d is better, think the game has some players scoring too much but they will fix that soon.

Starting XI: Alisson, A-A, Gomez, Van Dijk and Robertson, Thiago and Fabinho, Mané, Firmino and Salah, Belotti. 4231

12 hours ago, MH2k said:

I'm good mate, yourself?

Sold Karius, 4.2M. Happy with that. Looking at signing Harvey Maudner from Reading, as my future AMR, with Harvey Elliot on the left. Although both can play all across the pitch at least.

all good mate, getting harder to spend time on this with family and work and all that other stuff. took yesterday off work for release day, told no one so i had a day to myself

at the end of November of season 1. transfers turned off for the first window so just waiting to see what sort of budget i'll get. going to try and just bring in some of the under 18's i have targeted as long term players for some roles. even tho they wont come in until they are 18,

top of the league by 2 points from Arsenal and already qualified from the CL group with Milan, Besiktas & Villareal with games to play. got knocked out of the LC so this has caused a few to ask for more playing time. milner and Matip have accepted Squad player roles to appease them but Taki wants a loan. so that means he will be put on the market. i'll see if i can get something for Karius in the Jan window instead of letting him go for a free. 

also thinking of selling Jota. Origi is a revelation in the CF attack role. he's my top scorer in the League with less appearances than bobby and jota. so i think Jota has to go and i'll target Lorenzo Lucca now and go for Haaland in the summer to replace Bobby. 

Trying to send Phillips out on loan is a rather hard job. No Prem teams want him :( Looks like a championship loan is all he can get.

I like the fella, but hes not going to play this season for me.

A late first window transfer im getting is Karim Adeyemi. By August he can get a work permit, so made a 16m offer over 3 years. I may loan him back for a season though for more gametime, though its tempting to keep him, train him myself and use as backup to Salah and cup games. Jones and Elliot arent saft enough to be wingers for me, so training them as CM.

Edited by Siven

3 hours ago, Staf9 said:

all good mate, getting harder to spend time on this with family and work and all that other stuff. took yesterday off work for release day, told no one so i had a day to myself

Good mate, I've dipped in and out of it over the past few years. Even skipped 18! Which is unlike me. As you said, work and family have come first and I've not had much free time.

I wish I didn't let Bellingham stay with Dortmund til January. 

In need of a RB cover, thinking Nathan Patterson from Rangers, I liked him on '21, and he's reasonably priced. 

1 hour ago, MH2k said:

Good mate, I've dipped in and out of it over the past few years. Even skipped 18! Which is unlike me. As you said, work and family have come first and I've not had much free time.

I wish I didn't let Bellingham stay with Dortmund til January. 

In need of a RB cover, thinking Nathan Patterson from Rangers, I liked him on '21, and he's reasonably priced. 

i usually go back in for Hoever. has good balance on his stats

2 hours ago, guruhd said:

I just beat a Chinese team 16-0 in pre-season. Actually felt embarrassed. Changed tactics to try and stop scoring but the goals kept flowing. 🤣

had a 22-0 in a preseason friendly before. get these at times due to assistant setting up the friendlies. 

1 hour ago, Siven said:

Trying to send Phillips out on loan is a rather hard job. No Prem teams want him :( Looks like a championship loan is all he can get.

A late first window transfer im getting is Karim Adeyemi. By August he can get a work permit, so made a 16m offer over 3 years. I may loan him back for a season though for more gametime, though its tempting to keep him, train him myself and use as backup to Salah and cup games. Jones and Elliot arent saft enough to be wingers for me, so training them as CM.

i've kept philips as 5th choice, hoping that it will bring his value up for an end of season 1 sale

1 hour ago, Siven said:

Burnley took Phillips off my hands on Loan and then came back for him for the second season for a loan with a games played buying clause close to his apparant value. I called that a win really. Roma then wanted Ben Davies on loan.

As for Adeyemi, I got him for around £20M i think, they demanded a loan back, which I agreed and in the 2nd season he's been playing pretty well deputising for any of the front 3 (usually Mo, Mane and Firmino).

Jones and Elliot have been pretty good for rotating the middle positions and occasionally the AML or AMR positions when I play a 4-2-3-1 (I switch between 4-1-2-1-1/4-2-3-1/4-3-3 depending upon the opposition).

I'll finish the second season I've got going and then start a new Liverpool save with the release DB as I'm still playing out the Beta save currently.

Hopefully mad things like Origi getting 35 in 43 games in all comps is fixed in the release version...

4 hours ago, Staf9 said:

anyone who has completed season 1, have you tried getting milner to become a coach??

He said he wanted to become a Loan Manager for me. He started coaching badges though.

PS: in the first post, a couple of the trophy tallies are off by 1.

Edited by evilmonster