FM22 Liverpool Thread - Bow down to the KING!

Staf9

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 games in. 

Won 2-0 against Villa, followed by a 5-0 win away to Watford. 

Rotating Firmino and Jota upfront with Jones playing the AMC role, Elliot coming on for Salah/Mane when needed. 

Harvey Maudner is going to get a good run too, hopefully it'll speed up his potential. He's lacking composure but all the other key stats are over 11. With a great natural fitness of 17. (175K from Reading)

Season 1 going well. 

16 PL games in W 14 D 1 L 1

Conceded 2

think i'm 7 points clear in the league. won all 6 CL games and got Dortmund in the 2nd round. only blip was losing in the LC 4th rd

Budget for Jan window is only €23m but i've Matip, Ox and Taki all looking to go on loan for more game time so i think all 3 will be sold. also going ot sell Jota, not really doing it when he plays either AMR/L role and Origi is much better as CF Att at the moment. 

Off topic a smidge. But all the best to Stevie in the prem. Hope he smashes it at Villa, needs to prove himself as it's inevitable he'll manage us one day. Tough job to take, but if he can make it work and keep them up this season, hopefully he'll be able to attract some half decent players to get Villa in the top half of the table.

Back on topic, deadline day was quiet for me, and everyone else tbf. City didn't snap Haaland up,l which is good, hopefully I can try get him next summer.

Edited by MH2k

Second season start:

First season i won the Carabao Cup, Premiere league (1 point clear of super ManUtd) and Champions League against Dortmund.

Sold Milner, Tsimikas and Thiago. Bought Vitinha (FC Porto), Ward-Prowse and got Mbappe at the end of contract (!!!!). Also bought Pedro Porro for 13M euros (bargain). Also bought Madueke (PSV) but only at the end of this season he will arrive (planning for the future).

Won supercup against Man Utd (1-1 on penaltys).

Staring eleven: Alisson, AA, Van Dyjk, Gomez and Robertson; Fabinho, Ward-Prowse; Salah, Firmino, Mané; Mbappé. Main Subs: Adrian, Matip, Porro (Konaté), Keita, Diogo J., Belotti Helliott and Jones.

I started with 350M in the bank, but only 60M for trnasfers, so you got sell in order to buy. Its more realistic, but so far you cant really go for the 100M players, because you will only afford one player per window. Any diff experiences on the market?

Think of selling Keita (have excess MC), but only in January. Any tips of good deals for Liverpool?

Edited by jborges
completar

23 minutes ago, MH2k said:

Off topic a smidge. But all the best to Stevie in the prem. Hope he smashes it at Villa, needs to prove himself as it's inevitable he'll manage us one day. Tough job to take, but if he can make it work and keep them up this season, hopefully he'll be able to attract some half decent players to get Villa in the top half of the table.

Back on topic, deadline day was quiet for me, and everyone else tbf. City didn't snap Haaland up,l which is good, hopefully I can try get him next summer.

delighted for him, its a good move IMO. villa have a decent enough squad for him to work with. 

42 minutes ago, jborges said:

Second season start:

First season i won the Carabao Cup, Premiere league (1 point clear of super ManUtd) and Champions League against Dortmund.

Sold Milner, Tsimikas and Thiago. Bought Vitinha (FC Porto), Ward-Prowse and got Mbappe at the end of contract (!!!!). Also bought Pedro Porro for 13M euros (bargain). Also bought Madueke (PSV) but only at the end of this season he will arrive (planning for the future).

Won supercup against Man Utd (1-1 on penaltys).

Staring eleven: Alisson, AA, Van Dyjk, Gomez and Robertson; Fabinho, Ward-Prowse; Salah, Firmino, Mané; Mbappé. Main Subs: Adrian, Matip, Porro (Konaté), Keita, Diogo J., Belotti Helliott and Jones.

I started with 350M in the bank, but only 60M for trnasfers, so you got sell in order to buy. Its more realistic, but so far you cant really go for the 100M players, because you will only afford one player per window. Any diff experiences on the market?

Think of selling Keita (have excess MC), but only in January. Any tips of good deals for Liverpool?

for midfield i fyour looking for someone to develope Alfie Devine is very good. otherwise the usual suspects of Bellingham, Moriba or Szobozslai are my favourites

6 minutos atrás, Staf9 disse:

for midfield i fyour looking for someone to develope Alfie Devine is very good. otherwise the usual suspects of Bellingham, Moriba or Szobozslai are my favourites

bellingham is 100M, ill buy him next season, if he is available. Alfie is on the radar, but he is still not worth it. I play a DLP and B2B on midfield.

25 minutes ago, jborges said:

bellingham is 100M, ill buy him next season, if he is available. Alfie is on the radar, but he is still not worth it. I play a DLP and B2B on midfield.

you could also look at Samuele Ricci or Yunus musah. Siewald from one of the Reb bull clubs is good as well. 

what sort of price range are you looking at? and age of the player? you want someone ready now or under 18 to develope?

On 09/11/2021 at 23:15, A Double K said:

Just seen my first four games:

• Chelsea (A)
  • Everton (H)
  • Man Utd (A)
  • Arsenal (H)

Should be interesting to say the least.

Pretty happy with how the first four games played out:

• Chelsea (A) - 1-0 win last minute winner
  • Everton (H) - 1-0 win
  • Man Utd (A) - 2-2, with a comeback from 2-0 down in the final 15-20 minutes
  • Arsenal (H) - 5-0 win

Ended up selling Keita for £44m to Real Madrid and sending Origi on loan to Spurs with them covering 60% of his wages and mandatory fee of £20m at the end of the season.

Bought in Isak as he did amazingly for me in the beta and he got off to a great start, scoring 2 on his debut against Arsenal. Also bought in Adeymi for about £16m altogether but sent him back on loan to RBS. Also brought in Seiwald for £14.5m. 

Edited by A Double K
additional info

Origi is sooo good in the game atm, 14 goals, 3 assists at end of Nov as a backup. His price is gonna rise for a good season 2 sale.

First window bought Bellingham, went back on loan to Dortmund till Jan.

Bought Adeyemi, sent back on loan to Salzburg for season.

Sent Minamino on loan to Ajax, 

Phillips went on loan to Bournmouth but isnt playing :(

Currently top and unbeaten, but some players suffering from fatigue, going to lower my training schedules i used in FM21 and rotate more.

Playing a less intense 433 gegen, with DLFs upfront, Half back in DM. Though i keep changing some roles. May post screenshot later.

So, solid start to the season. 

IN: Bellingham (10M upfront 75M over 3 years, loaned him back until January) Harvey Maudner (175K future prospect)

So far in the league I've beat, Villa 2-0, Watford 5-0, Palace 4-0, Leicester 2-1, Leeds 3-1.

Victories in Europe against Brugge 2-0 and the Carabao Cup against Everton 2-0.

Looking at selling on Ox, Thiago, Keita next summer, obviously if they stay injury free I may reassess the situation. But I'll defo need to sell 1 or 2 of them.

In Jan 2022. had the window off at the start. so far ive sold Karius and Adrian for small fee's bringing in 4m which has been spent on Rafael Luis of Benfica, a signing for the future as i've to wait until he's 18 for his to move but that should be Fabinho's long term replacement sorted. 

trying to sell Taki and ox but no takers so far @ 15m and 40m prices. dont want to lower them too much. bayern are reportedly after jota so i'm tempted to try and swap him for Musiala 

in the league we are 12 points clear after 20 games. sitting on 55 points. still only conceded 2 goals in the league. 

2 hours ago, Staf9 said:

i've also offereed Mbappe and contract along with Chelsea, City, Bayern and Juve. €400k a week and a 16.75m signing on fee. 

He's so tempting.

But after i got Haaland in FM21, i got bored. Think i prefer developing youth instead of buying the top players, so im gonna stay away from Mbappe and Haaland this year.

8 minutes ago, Siven said:

He's so tempting.

But after i got Haaland in FM21, i got bored. Think i prefer developing youth instead of buying the top players, so im gonna stay away from Mbappe and Haaland this year.

I'm the same. I kinda prefer to work with what is in the squad that is good enough and work on nurturing replacements for key positions/players (Van Dijk, Matip, Milner, Henderson, Mane, Salah, Firmino and so on).

Adam Hlozek has been a pretty good option as backup/future replacement for Mane/Salah so far, though I've not tried him in the release version as yet as not quite ready to start a new save. Adeyemi though has been fantastic in 2nd season after spending 1st loaned-back. Of course there's Elliot too. Of course some potential stars in the U23s and U18s too.

I'm thinking though that I'll be looking to move Matip, Thiago, Adrian, Karius and maybe Keita and Ox on when I do start the new save, though Matip, Keita and Ox have been great so far in the 2 season beta save i'm finishing off. Thiago... moans too much, on too much money, injured too much!

1 hour ago, Siven said:

He's so tempting.

i actually just felt that i should put an offer in for him. i'm sort of tempted to just make sure he goes to Real Madrid as i think thats where he will go IRL. 

it looks like he has accepted my offer as well. got message back to say that a work permit has been applied for. so i have a decision to make. do i confirm the deal or let it go. i dont want Chelsea or City getting him

1 hour ago, Staf9 said:

i actually just felt that i should put an offer in for him. i'm sort of tempted to just make sure he goes to Real Madrid as i think thats where he will go IRL. 

it looks like he has accepted my offer as well. got message back to say that a work permit has been applied for. so i have a decision to make. do i confirm the deal or let it go. i dont want Chelsea or City getting him

Take him, you could always sell next season for a nice profit if need be, at least Chelsea or City won't have him. The only worry is will it make other players start demanding higher wages to be nearer his.

1 hour ago, MH2k said:

Take him, you could always sell next season for a nice profit if need be, at least Chelsea or City won't have him. The only worry is will it make other players start demanding higher wages to be nearer his.

i've renewed Mo's contract on 375k a week so its would be 2 massive earners. not sure i could justify going for Haaland in the summer :) 

• Just a quick update in Jan signed Cuadrado on free transfer to provide cover for Trent will join start of next season but offloaded Karius to spurs won’t sign Mbappe as I’m gonna develop youth & also no surprise Newcastle are spending like crazy getting world class players though they’re in relegation zone no doubt they will survive the drop.
  • In the league ontop 1 pt behind Arsenal,Made the champions league knockout stage though took me the last game to make it after Bayern smashed my team 6-2 in the league cup final against United I’ll post a final update once I complete season 1 

Just quickly wanted to mention, that in my save Liverpool are just disgusting :lol: First they bought Haaland, who went and bagged 46 league goals (yes, an AI striker netted 46 in the EPL), helping them get 100 points and 109 goals. Also got Mingueza as a sneaky decent role player. Now this season they brought in Joao Felix and to round it off only went and managed to convince Southampton to loan them the God of Setpieces Ward Prowse and already agreed a lowish 46 mio € fee to buy him. Also added a couple sneaky good role players in Kondogbia and Saelemakers. Won the first league game 5-0 against Brighton.

36 minutes ago, krisdonna said:

Always try to keep things as realistic as possible so i agree with @Staf9 about the wages.

Gotta love Liverpool's wage policy. They don't buy stars, they make them...

i am tempted to blow what ever summer budget i get on Haaland tho. Mbappe, Salah, Haaland front 3 would be awesome

ronaldo has scored 31 goals in 28 games for united so i need to get someone to batter that 

6 minutes ago, Staf9 said:

i am tempted to blow what ever summer budget i get on Haaland tho. Mbappe, Salah, Haaland front 3 would be awesome

ronaldo has scored 31 goals in 28 games for united so i need to get someone to batter that 

I do understand its tempting all tho i would go for one of them and not both. Mbappé would be my man as he can play everywhere upfront.

Seems you will offload Mané & Firmino?

12 minutes ago, krisdonna said:

I do understand its tempting all tho i would go for one of them and not both. Mbappé would be my man as he can play everywhere upfront.

Seems you will offload Mané & Firmino?

think both Firmino and JOta will be sold. neither are really doing it and Origi is out performing both. so he might be kept as back up. i wan to bring in a proper forward. looking at Sesko or Lucca as 2 who could be developed into world beaters 

city are linked with Haaland every other day on my save so thats sort of swinging me into thinking about him. but i want Bellingham and 1 of Moriba / Szoboszlai in so i might have to let Haaland go

1 hour ago, krisdonna said:

Always try to keep things as realistic as possible so i agree with @Staf9 about the wages.

Gotta love Liverpool's wage policy. They don't buy stars, they make them...

They do buy stars as well as make them. Mane and Salah were already stars, but have obviously improved, same for Virgil and Allison. But then you have players like Trent and Curtis and gems like Robertson.

16 minutes ago, Staf9 said:

think both Firmino and JOta will be sold. neither are really doing it and Origi is out performing both. so he might be kept as back up. i wan to bring in a proper forward. looking at Sesko or Lucca as 2 who could be developed into world beaters 

city are linked with Haaland every other day on my save so thats sort of swinging me into thinking about him. but i want Bellingham and 1 of Moriba / Szoboszlai in so i might have to let Haaland go

I do go for 3 wonderkids instead of 1 star just cause of the wages. I mean i don't see Liverpool pay a player £20mil a season, not even for Mo sadly...

4 minutes ago, krisdonna said:

I do go for 3 wonderkids instead of 1 star just cause of the wages. I mean i don't see Liverpool pay a player £20mil a season, not even for Mo sadly...

I try to do the same really. The first XI for the first 2-3 seasons should be mostly solid. A couple of backups and some highly rated youth to develop to take over by the 4th season onwards is how I've gone about it in most versions of the game.

Though I did have one save in CM97 I think it was where I bought Ronaldo (the Brazilian rather than Cristiano) for them. Can you imagine how that would have gone in the PL at the time if that'd have happened.

5 minutes ago, evilmonster said:

I try to do the same really. The first XI for the first 2-3 seasons should be mostly solid. A couple of backups and some highly rated youth to develop to take over by the 4th season onwards is how I've gone about it in most versions of the game.

Though I did have one save in CM97 I think it was where I bought Ronaldo (the Brazilian rather than Cristiano) for them. Can you imagine how that would have gone in the PL at the time if that'd have happened.

This year Liverpool is more fun on fm then last year. They need imo a huge rebuild and they have lots of nice youngsters to build around.

9 minutes ago, krisdonna said:

This year Liverpool is more fun on fm then last year. They need imo a huge rebuild and they have lots of nice youngsters to build around.

first save i do i usual end up over buying and then i start again as i've too many players. its just too tempting to bring in 4 midfielders when you only need 1 

28 minutes ago, Staf9 said:

first save i do i usual end up over buying and then i start again as i've too many players. its just too tempting to bring in 4 midfielders when you only need 1 

I know the feeling, that's why i had 11 saves last year. Too many good talents on FM.

56 minutes ago, krisdonna said:

There is more challenge due to the Brexit/WP rules for English teams and the max. of 6 players under 21 being signed in a season if they're not british. Can't go out and buy a load of wonderkids like in previous games, makes it more interesting as you have to pick which ones will work out best etc if you go for them.

Whats everyone doing with Elliot?

He doesnt have the pace for a wide forward for me. So im trying to build him as a CM. Hope to increase his defensive stats a bit for this. Though his Stam and fitness is rather low, hope to improve that too.

Curtis Jones im keeping as a good squad player, CM and wide whiel being homegrown at club is great.

Completed my 1st season

league:2nd 

fa cup:rd 6

Champions league:q/f 

League cup:R/U

Had a disappointing end after leading the league most of the Season Utd won it on the last day :( & they beat me in the league cup final & knocked me out of the FA cup Salah was my stand out performer with 28 goals in all comps & renewed his contract TAA won PFA player of the year gonna reshape my squad in the summer. I've made a bid for Bissouma as Bellingham will cost a fortune will get rid of the dead wood & get better depth hoping I do better in season 2 

Edited by glenn28

17 hours ago, Siven said:

Whats everyone doing with Elliot?

He doesnt have the pace for a wide forward for me. So im trying to build him as a CM. Hope to increase his defensive stats a bit for this. Though his Stam and fitness is rather low, hope to improve that too.

Curtis Jones im keeping as a good squad player, CM and wide whiel being homegrown at club is great.

He's done pretty well in Mezzala for me, though he's done well deputising for Mo on the right when needed, not spectacularly, but he can do a job. But yeah, best in CM. Curtis is similar, AP in CM or BBM seems to work, with AML like Elliot when needed.

Started save and managed to go first 20 games unbeaten. Mane has been the pick so far, and after 8 games without a goal managed to get Firmino scoring. Salah has done fine. Robertson and TAA have best assist levels. Tsimikas has been good back up as has Nico Williams. Main issue will be squad age. 

Signed Ameyemi but back on loan. I'm resisting Haaland and Mbappe. Will look to build midfield as the likes of Milner and Thiago get older. 

Tactic is a fairly simple 4 3 3, focused on midfield supporting full backs. Causes an effective overload. Corner tactic has also seen VD score 11 goals. 

Edited by mark.boswell1

For the first time ever i decided to do a different save this year and went to Germany but the lure of the Reds had me loading up a save again this year and just looking at staff and tactics at the moment but looking forward to seeing if i can get European domination using some youngsters from the club and bringing in younger players to take over when the older stars leave. Getting Mo to sign a new contract will be important but not sure how this will go due to the level of wages he will probably want.

Any major issues i might come across with the current crop of players and any suggestions would be helpful.

I managed to get Mo to sign a new contract for £275k but then realised afterwards that during negotiations his agent had changed it from a 4 year deal to 3 year deal. So essentially it’s only an extra year on his current contract. 

Mane signed for the same amount but for 4 years. 

season 1 review - treble winners, Premier League Champions, Fa Cup winners and Champions League winners

we won the PL with a recond of 33 Wins, 2 Draws and 2 Loses. new record point total of 102 and scoring 119 goals and only conceding 11 

Big Div Origi finished as my PL top scorer with 28 goals and MO overall top scorer. goig to offer Origi and new deal to stay as back up to Mbappe and i'll sell off Jota and Bobby

image.thumb.png.ff92d26e9423ab4702c3136ca9f6a62d.png

End of season 1. 

Won everything :D

Champions League final i was down 2-0 to Bayern, ended up winning on Penalties. Knocked out Barca, Milan and Inter on the way. Milan being the only champs league team to beat me in a match.

Last Prem league game was against Everton. Won 6-0 with Salah getting a hat trick to win golden boot by 3 goals :D

U23 team was relegated, probaly because all the best reserve players were loaned out :D

Start of season i offered Woodburn and Milner new contracts. Didnt want to lose them for nothing.

Sold Karius for 5.75m

Koumetio, Phillips and Minamino went on loan for game time, hoping to increase price for season 2 sale. Also sent a bunch of other youth on loan.

Bought Bellingham for 52m (10m upfront, 42m over 3 years, loan back till next transfer window, Jan.)

Bought Adeyemi for 16m ( 4m upfront, 12m over 3 years, loaned back until Jan too).

Thats all the transfers i did in first window, other than a lot of staff changes including bringing Hyypia back as u18 coach.

Van Dijk became vice captain.

After the Arab cup in Dec, Salah and Mane both asked for new contracts and got them both on 4 year deals (before that they wanted 3 year deals). Bonus was Salah retiring from internationals too :D

Firmino didnt want a new contract until around March/April.

In Jan, Bellingham and Adeyemi came in, and Bellingham was brilliant as BBM while Keita went on internationals. Thiago and Ox were both hit by injuries. Looking to offload them.

Elliott went on loan to Brighton for game time. Too slow and not enough stamina for wide for wide forward, so training as CM (and AMC for 2nd tactic next season).

I used some training schedules from bustthenet, and had real problems with players becoming fatigued, even before xmas. Compared to my brother who as Arsenal just delegated it to the assistant anad had no problems with fatigue. So i may just delegate training 2nd season to test fatigue.

Tsimikas was a great backup for Robbo, Williams and Gomez were ok backups for TAA.

Keita did really well in first half of season, then went to Africa nations cup, and Bellingham took his place.

Used Jones as backup CM, and AML when injuries hit. Great homegrown squad player imo.

Seems near post corners are good too. I have 2 corner routinues, 1first is aimed at near post with 1 CD on near post and the other attacking near post with STR attacking far post, he other is aimed at 6 yard box with a CD attacking near, 1 attacking Far. Both were good, STR got a fair few goals from corners too.

I wish there was a way to see how many assists were from corners and how many from on field play from a player. 

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Formation i used is below. 

I did switch to striker to Pressing Forward (attack) occasionally. Also the Half back was often changed to DMd, and the Carrilero i often changed to different roles. These are the roles im not to sure on. Also thinking on having the wing backs as full backs on attack instead. Trying to get more out of them.

Been testing underlaps, and they seem ok. I did see the wingbacks underlap the IFa when they went wide.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

In April (roughly) my scout finished scouting the Uefa youth league and i noticed Camavinga barely played for Madrid and was valued at 6m.......so i snapped him up for season 2!

Had a £50m bid from PSG for Thiago, but he rejected their contract :( Even tried the tricks of listing, surplus, and u23 squad but no luck.

Looking to sell Thiago, Oxlade, Minamino, Phillips, Woodburn, Davies, Adrian and lots of reserves. Loans helped their value go up, and now teams have money.

Keita im undecided atm. Same with Origi, did really well as backup. Will only sell if i get good offers i think.

May sell one of Matip or Konate too. Matip is getting on in years and Konates positioning isnt great, but hes still young, quick and strong.

Neco Williams may get loaned out for game time, if i can get a good backup RB. He has good potential on my save (checked with fmRTE).

Edited by Siven