FM22 Liverpool Thread - Bow down to the KING!

Staf9

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My game is on pause atm. Theres a few small bugs which are annoying me, players being really tight on playing time, showing as unhappy after talks even tho it says happy etc, possession stat, so im waiting for a patch.

Then i may start again and not sell Jota and buy Mbappe this time.

2 hours ago, Siven said:

My game is on pause atm. Theres a few small bugs which are annoying me, players being really tight on playing time, showing as unhappy after talks even tho it says happy etc, possession stat, so im waiting for a patch.

Then i may start again and not sell Jota and buy Mbappe this time.

The possession thing is pretty annoying. Yes I play to counter, and with a slightly higher tempo in possession so it’s not like I’m playing keep ball. At the same time I’m also counter pressing yet teams like Palace as an example are doing me on possession 65/35. They create nothing and I’m still having all the chances yet I still feel I have to slow my play down just to try and even up the possession.

It’s all a bit odd. 

SEASON 3 done

Story of the season once again is Haalands ridiculous goalscoring exploits! The team is really starting to change at this point with Milner retired, Mane and Fabinho sold. I now have Dane Scarlett playing up alongside Haaland with Gavi and Devine becoming the central partnership. Hendo has clipped down the order so the Captaincy has gone to Virgil with the vice- captain being the newly brought in Joshua Kimmich.

besteleven3.png

RECORD BREAKERS 3.png

NEW ARRIVALS 3.png

On 27/11/2021 at 07:59, GR3NDAL said:

Just had Haaland score 7 against Man Utd! :lol: And i was missing some first choice players such as Mane and Salah

halaand scores 7.png

That’s really bad for realism -

Fernandes goal wasn’t a penalty😂

I decided to restart.

This time im keeping Jota and not buying Mbappe.

Im also doing some testing with training.

Too often Virgil, Trent, Mane and Salah were jaded and needed a rest, even before xmas. So after reading a thread about giving 2 days rest after games, i am trying something similar. 

Changed the schedules i use to lower fatigue and make the 2 days after a match have 2 recovery sessions, and 2-4 rest sessions. Also 1 or 2 minor sessions like att movement, chance conversion, minor sessions which keep the bar low blue.

It might work, or they might need more rest. 

Those of you who are 2 or 3 seasons in….how have you developed Harvey Elliott. Halfway through season one I have been re-training his as a mezzala but I’m not convinced about this. 

Though he is obviously talented I’m unsure what to do with him. 

2 hours ago, guruhd said:

Those of you who are 2 or 3 seasons in….how have you developed Harvey Elliott. Halfway through season one I have been re-training his as a mezzala but I’m not convinced about this. 

Though he is obviously talented I’m unsure what to do with him. 

retraining him as a CM AP attack. mid way season 3 and i'll be looking for him to get more games in that role now as Thiago is near the end of his contract so he'll get his minutes

As the Inside forwards still arent fixed (going wide instead of cutting in when on the ball), ive switched my tactics to narrow and sit narrower on Salah and Mane. 

Seems to be wprking ok, but need to see more games really. Still hope they fix IF soon tho, shame todays patch didnt :(

18 minutes ago, Siven said:

As the Inside forwards still arent fixed (going wide instead of cutting in when on the ball), ive switched my tactics to narrow and sit narrower on Salah and Mane. 

Seems to be wprking ok, but need to see more games really. Still hope they fix IF soon tho, shame todays patch didnt :(

What about possesion?

Just finished first season. Virgil just informed me he wants to leave for a new challenge!!

I rejected his request and hope that he changes his mind. I really dont want to lose him as he was immense.

may sell firmino as he is 30 now and just doesn’t seem to perform!!

On 07/12/2021 at 22:28, Siven said:

Better than it was, but i would like to get more like our real life games.

Won't be easy to achieve that. I did give up on that previous FM and just enjoy the attacking football now.

finished season 3. probably my best ever FM season on any version. Invincible PL season with 37 wins and 1 draw. record number of goals. lost 1 game all season (a CL group game against RBL) 

won everything PL, LC, FA cup and CL

image.thumb.png.ce4547877f95912de30685cfec62fe32.png

image.thumb.png.2a41452f2769ff43d5af7758798d47c8.png

image.thumb.png.687b10030dd6e7b62fcba134aa25f520.png

5 minutes ago, Staf9 said:

finished season 3. probably my best ever FM season on any version. Invincible PL season with 37 wins and 1 draw. record number of goals. lost 1 game all season (a CL group game against RBL) 

won everything PL, LC, FA cup and CL

image.thumb.png.ce4547877f95912de30685cfec62fe32.png

image.thumb.png.2a41452f2769ff43d5af7758798d47c8.png

image.thumb.png.687b10030dd6e7b62fcba134aa25f520.png

Botch cm's 20 and 20+ goals? What roles do they play?

13 hours ago, krisdonna said:

2 playmakers? Never tried that but on the hand of your results it seems to work.

on the last 2 FM's i dah the DM as a DLP defend as well. didnt work as well on this version so switched to DM defend and its been brilliant. free's up the 2 others to be more attacking

there are times i wonder about FM. have an upbeaten season winning the PL for the 3rd season in a row, win the CL and all cups and yet still cant convince a player to stay. PSG want Haaland and there is no talking him into staying. like we're now ranked number 1 in the world. i dont get it

46 minutes ago, Staf9 said:

on the last 2 FM's i dah the DM as a DLP defend as well. didnt work as well on this version so switched to DM defend and its been brilliant. free's up the 2 others to be more attacking

Still looking for my ideal midfield. I am trying now a HB with a box to box and an AP on attack. 

Got some nice possesion stats but  i am still not convinced.

12 hours ago, Staf9 said:

there are times i wonder about FM. have an upbeaten season winning the PL for the 3rd season in a row, win the CL and all cups and yet still cant convince a player to stay. PSG want Haaland and there is no talking him into staying. like we're now ranked number 1 in the world. i dont get it

Uh oh! I am worried the same will happen to me as PSG are sniffing around Haaland. How much are PSG willing to pay?

17 hours ago, GR3NDAL said:

Uh oh! I am worried the same will happen to me as PSG are sniffing around Haaland. How much are PSG willing to pay?

they made a **** bid that i refused. i didnt cave in and after a meeting with Haaland i told him i wouldnt sell. he wasnt happy but i dug in. PSG didnt bid again so i offered him a new deal as soon as he said he was happy to stay

10 hours ago, Staf9 said:

they made a **** bid that i refused. i didnt cave in and after a meeting with Haaland i told him i wouldnt sell. he wasnt happy but i dug in. PSG didnt bid again so i offered him a new deal as soon as he said he was happy to stay

Well I hope I can keep him as I want to see how long he can keep scoring stupid amounts of goals. I bought in Benjamin Sesko for 14m and he is also scoring for fun.

SEASON 4

Haaland 'only' scored 109 this season bringing his total after 4 seasons to 451 goals in 238 apps!

besteleven4.png

Edited by GR3NDAL

14 hours ago, GR3NDAL said:

Well I hope I can keep him as I want to see how long he can keep scoring stupid amounts of goals. I bought in Benjamin Sesko for 14m and he is also scoring for fun.

SEASON 4

Haaland 'only' scored 109 this season bringing his total after 4 seasons to 451 goals in 238 apps!

besteleven4.png

what role have you got him playing?

I dont know what to do with Origi.

End of season 1 on my new ssave, and he was my 2nd top scorer with 26 goals as backup. 

He has 1 year on his contract and I can sell him for £70m, or offer a new contract as impact sub for 88k a week. He is a good backup, and i am selling minamino for £42m who also did a good job as backup. And bringing in Demir for 14m as backup for Salah.

7 hours ago, Siven said:

I dont know what to do with Origi.

End of season 1 on my new ssave, and he was my 2nd top scorer with 26 goals as backup. 

He has 1 year on his contract and I can sell him for £70m, or offer a new contract as impact sub for 88k a week. He is a good backup, and i am selling minamino for £42m who also did a good job as backup. And bringing in Demir for 14m as backup for Salah.

Ha! I had exactly the same dilemma! I got mbappe on a free and needed to trim the squad. I was going to sell origi too. But then thought maybe firmino due to his wages.

lo and behold Bayern came in with a bid of 90m for origi (admittedly only 50m up front) but I just couldn’t refuse that kind of money! Ironically about 3 days later Madrid only went one better and bid 100m for firmino!! Needless to say I let them both go for that kind of money!!

7 hours ago, krisdonna said:

Merry Christmas to you too mate. How is your safe going?

just into december in season 4, havent had much time over the last few weeks on FM so trying to make up for it over the next week. 

flying in the league, 57 games unbeaten now. Haaland and Salah are just incredible

34 minutes ago, Staf9 said:

just into december in season 4, havent had much time over the last few weeks on FM so trying to make up for it over the next week. 

flying in the league, 57 games unbeaten now. Haaland and Salah are just incredible

Good to hear Salah is still going strong in season 4. How about your youngsters?

23 hours ago, krisdonna said:

Good to hear Salah is still going strong in season 4. How about your youngsters?

got 1 good goalkeeper from my youth intake. other than that i've managed to bring in a couple of Regens but literally just signed them in Jan 2025 as they turned 18.