FM22 Liverpool Thread - Bow down to the KING!

Staf9

Haaland says he will weigh up his options at the end of his contract. This put off PSG who turned their attention to Musiala. He wanted to go but I said their bid was too low and he agreed that a bid of 166m was needed. Needless to say PSG eventually offered 166m all up front so I had to let him go :(  I never understood why no matter how much better Liverpool are than PSG they can always attract any player. I mean who would rather live in Paris than Liverpool....

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 27/12/2021 at 12:10, GR3NDAL said:

Haaland says he will weigh up his options at the end of his contract. This put off PSG who turned their attention to Musiala. He wanted to go but I said their bid was too low and he agreed that a bid of 166m was needed. Needless to say PSG eventually offered 166m all up front so I had to let him go :(  I never understood why no matter how much better Liverpool are than PSG they can always attract any player. I mean who would rather live in Paris than Liverpool....

this drives me mental as well. it seems to be so easy for the likes of PSG to unpset our players so they want to move despite winning the league every year and getting to the CL final and being the number 1 team in the world

What’s the ideal role for Jota or Bobby this year? For me I want to have them drop deep to make room for Mane and Salah like F9, but Jotas aggressivesness makes me wanna try something different, without sacrificing Mane and Salahs goalthread as I assume AF of PF A would 

3 hours ago, Ramsdal03 said:

What’s the ideal role for Jota or Bobby this year? For me I want to have them drop deep to make room for Mane and Salah like F9, but Jotas aggressivesness makes me wanna try something different, without sacrificing Mane and Salahs goalthread as I assume AF of PF A would 

Liked them as Pressing Forwards in my system. Seemed to hit about 20 goals minimum a season. 

On 28/12/2021 at 23:12, Staf9 said:

what is the story with player valuations. Balagizi valued between 34-40mil, i offer him out and hes annoyed as he feels his value should be 750k 

how can it be that far off????????????????????????

It's based off of his potential on your save and the reputation of your club. It doesn't necessarily mean that anyone will pay it.

On 02/01/2022 at 12:09, ShaunG95 said:

It's based off of his potential on your save and the reputation of your club. It doesn't necessarily mean that anyone will pay it.

i know what its based off but i dont get the HUGE difference in the valuation and the players expectation of his value. like in my save there was no way he should be valued at 35m ( i even would of been surprised at him being valued at 10M ) but is the difference i'm questioning. 

On 04/01/2022 at 10:17, Staf9 said:

i know what its based off but i dont get the HUGE difference in the valuation and the players expectation of his value. like in my save there was no way he should be valued at 35m ( i even would of been surprised at him being valued at 10M ) but is the difference i'm questioning. 

I think ultimately what you find is that high reputation clubs can command larger fees for players though because of their reputation and ultimately 'smaller' clubs have this ideology that hey, that player is a promising player from a top four team so the game values them accordingly due to various factors.

Ultimately, the player is probably a bit more realistic with their expectations of value if they want playing time, they'll certainly want to jump ship at a much more appealing price to attract more clubs as opposed to only richer clubs/other high rep clubs where they won't play. However, I do agree there is a lot of discrepancy on the game, I have had similar instances but not as extreme in variability between the values.

Haven't done a update in awhile but ive won 4 league titles in a row was going for 4 champions leagues in a row but Bayern thrashed me in the final might do 2 more seasons then start a save when the winter update is out 

11 hours ago, GR3NDAL said:

Season six done and dusted. Probably the funniest part was beating Everton in the FA Cup Final just after seeing them get relegated!

besteleven6.png

evertonr.png

Do you use any instructions on your players and do you use opposition instructions ?

3 hours ago, Rumary96 said:

Do you use any instructions on your players and do you use opposition instructions ?

I only use player instuctions in a few cases such as if someone is in danger of being sent off. Opposition instructions only for their best playmaker (if he is good enough) but usually I don't bother as my tactic is pressing enough. Show onto weaker foot if their forwards are very one-footed. Never use tackle harder as I get too many yellows as it is!

might start a new save as i've stalled near the end of season 5 on the current one. will try and avoid the Haaland/Mbappe signing and tone down on the number of players in. made a few signings i could have easily done without to allow other players to develope and could have kept both Jota and Bobby for a bit longer. 

On 07/01/2022 at 14:42, GR3NDAL said:

Season six done and dusted. Probably the funniest part was beating Everton in the FA Cup Final just after seeing them get relegated!

besteleven6.png

evertonr.png

One for my fellow nerds out there... 

Incredible goalscoring exploits aside, the most pleasing thing for me about your save is that you have (so very nearly) managed to get the Star Trek: DS9 station captain up front 🖖

9 hours ago, Staf9 said:

might start a new save as i've stalled near the end of season 5 on the current one. will try and avoid the Haaland/Mbappe signing and tone down on the number of players in. made a few signings i could have easily done without to allow other players to develope and could have kept both Jota and Bobby for a bit longer. 

Yeah i never go for Mbappé nor Haaland, rather buy a youngster with ton of potential so i can develop him the way i want.

Starting a new one myself as  i wanna focus more on the Liverpool youngsters. Specialy Kaide, i want him to become a world beater.

Starting a new save. Not going to do a 4-3-3. Going with a front 4 to give Minamino a career at the club. Easier also to give Kaide, Matti, Balagazi a career here aswell.

No transfer policy at Liverpool as per usual. Find great enjoyment staring at good finances whilst bringing through my lads. Adds a great challenge though as you can’t improve much. Also will always have a weak spot in the team which is quite realistic.

FSGs wet dream I am.

9 hours ago, dirkgently1066 said:

One for my fellow nerds out there... 

Incredible goalscoring exploits aside, the most pleasing thing for me about your save is that you have (so very nearly) managed to get the Star Trek: DS9 station captain up front 🖖

Yeah, as soon as I saw him I thought about Deep Space 9! I thought he would be more loyal but he went off to PSG for 120m...

15 hours ago, krisdonna said:

Yeah i never go for Mbappé nor Haaland, rather buy a youngster with ton of potential so i can develop him the way i want.

Starting a new one myself as  i wanna focus more on the Liverpool youngsters. Specialy Kaide, i want him to become a world beater.

i think i'll try to stay more in budget. all transfer fee's have to be 100% upfront that way i avoid a single window revamp. 

i've set the database up to give Kaide a PA boost to match with Harvey Elliotts. strong possibility that will happen in the final version but noting it here for transparency. 

would people consider Vlahovic in the same category as Haaland in game or more of a mid budget striker? 

6 hours ago, Staf9 said:

i think i'll try to stay more in budget. all transfer fee's have to be 100% upfront that way i avoid a single window revamp. 

i've set the database up to give Kaide a PA boost to match with Harvey Elliotts. strong possibility that will happen in the final version but noting it here for transparency. 

would people consider Vlahovic in the same category as Haaland in game or more of a mid budget striker? 

Mostly i buy 3 players each season, that's enough for me. I don't like quick rebuilds. He is cheaper tho, you can get him around £55mil and he scores as much as Haaland imo.

new save. i holidayed to the 20th of dec 2021 to see how klopp started the season. liverpool are sitting 4th on 34 points after 18 games. 10 points behind City. Chelsea and united are 2nd & 3rd both on 36 points after 17 games. Liverpool topped their CL group and are in the qtr finals of the LC against United. which will be my first game. 

quite happy with that as a starting point. wont be an easy task to win the league. i'll try to bring through Elliott and Gordon as Salah's back ups and eventual replacements and i'll give Jones the rotation with Mane on the left wing instead of trying to get in potential wonderkids. 

Is anybody struggling to develop their younger players?

Kaide Gordon and Bobby Clark obviously have most potential, but approaching the end of my second season I have seen pretty much no improvement in them.

I have quality coaches in place giving 4 to 5 star quality training all with a light or average workload. They all have high stats for Working With youngsters, motivation etc. Facilities are bang up to date.

Previous games you’d quite quickly start to see these types of player improve but it’s just not happening for me.

Am I alone? Any ideas?

2 hours ago, guruhd said:

Is anybody struggling to develop their younger players?

Kaide Gordon and Bobby Clark obviously have most potential, but approaching the end of my second season I have seen pretty much no improvement in them.

I have quality coaches in place giving 4 to 5 star quality training all with a light or average workload. They all have high stats for Working With youngsters, motivation etc. Facilities are bang up to date.

Previous games you’d quite quickly start to see these types of player improve but it’s just not happening for me.

Am I alone? Any ideas?

possible this was toned down a little as you used to be able to just load your academy with high PA regens and they would all become worldclass

Do any of you guys go into national management? It is summer '28 and I finally got the England job. My first foray into international management was a stint at Ivory Coast winning the AFCON 27. I then took Serbia all the way to the Euro 28 final which was only lost in extra time! We even missed a penalty with practically the last kick of the game. England were knocked out by Turkey so Marco Silvas time was up.

serb.png

eru.png

Edited by GR3NDAL
add

Just received my two favourite emails. Youth intake which this time includes one five star potential player. 
The other one is the NXGN top 50 wonder kids in football. At number 4 is a left back from Ross County! I’ll be snapping him up hopefully. Might have to fire some scouts too for not having most of these guys scouted already!

just wondering in the first 2 seasons who everyone see's as genuinely realistic signings for liverpool. i know in game we can just get Haaland and Mbappe for season 2 and still have funds to spare for 2 or more world class signings due to being able to get high fee's for the likes of Ox, Origi, Jota and the likes. but i think we know this doesnt happen IRL.

3 hours ago, Staf9 said:

just wondering in the first 2 seasons who everyone see's as genuinely realistic signings for liverpool. i know in game we can just get Haaland and Mbappe for season 2 and still have funds to spare for 2 or more world class signings due to being able to get high fee's for the likes of Ox, Origi, Jota and the likes. but i think we know this doesnt happen IRL.

I signed just 2 players at the end of season one. Adeyemi and Bellingham. Adeyemi I think is realistic. Bellingham I didn’t really want to sign at that point but Ox forced my hand by insisting on leaving. I needed to sign a replacement so thought okay, may as well go for Bellingham now. Unsure if Bellingham is realistic for LFC in real life. Probably. 

55 minutes ago, guruhd said:

I signed just 2 players at the end of season one. Adeyemi and Bellingham. Adeyemi I think is realistic. Bellingham I didn’t really want to sign at that point but Ox forced my hand by insisting on leaving. I needed to sign a replacement so thought okay, may as well go for Bellingham now. Unsure if Bellingham is realistic for LFC in real life. Probably. 

i think thats pretty fair and realistic considering the links to both. a lot of talk that Bellingham will be our big buy this summer

After 6 league titles & 4 champions league also some cups I’ve decided to stop playing FM & gonna wait for Dying Light 2 but will start a new save once the winter update is out & not gonna sign Haaland this time 

On 25/01/2022 at 16:28, guruhd said:

Mostly i always sign players who are linked with the club in real life such as Adeyemi, Luis Diaz, Gravenberch. Bellingham is a bit too pricey, i don't know if  i wanna pay that kind of money.

19 hours ago, krisdonna said:

Mostly i always sign players who are linked with the club in real life such as Adeyemi, Luis Diaz, Gravenberch. Bellingham is a bit too pricey, i don't know if  i wanna pay that kind of money.

Yeah I know what you are saying as I was reluctant to pay the £90m it took to get him as I like to keep the game as realistic as possible. But in his case I made an exception, and I think in real life he’s the kind of player LFC would make an exception for as he has so much potential with so many years ahead of him. 

The game can get somewhat unrealistic with regards transfers and budgets. My mate is playing it and start of season 4 having sold a couple of players he has a transfer budget of £260m!!!

4 hours ago, guruhd said:

Yeah I know what you are saying as I was reluctant to pay the £90m it took to get him as I like to keep the game as realistic as possible. But in his case I made an exception, and I think in real life he’s the kind of player LFC would make an exception for as he has so much potential with so many years ahead of him. 

The game can get somewhat unrealistic with regards transfers and budgets. My mate is playing it and start of season 4 having sold a couple of players he has a transfer budget of £260m!!!

True, You can sell easily in season two, last years fm i had a budget around £300 mil, it's insane.

23 hours ago, krisdonna said:

True, You can sell easily in season two, last years fm i had a budget around £300 mil, it's insane.

i'm trying to keep any transfers as 100% up front. if i cant pay it that way i dont buy the player. in fairness tho i think like real life with LFC's squad it needs maybe 1 good summer to fix a couple of issues and then you dont need to do much after. (only think is IRL you ont get the same money for Origi, Taki and others as you do in game)

i did a fresh save but i holidayed until the 20th of Dec where we were well behind city in the league. City carried on their form and wont he league by 6 points from us. i lost the LC final to City and was knocked out of the FA cup by chelsea. we did go on to win the CL beating Inter in the Final and both City and United in the Qtr/s & SF. 

trying now to get some balance on the squad as a few players want to leave for more game time and some on the other fringe guys need to be moved on. as above i am keeping transfers to 100% paid up front so i have to sell to buy big. 

9 hours ago, Staf9 said:

i'm trying to keep any transfers as 100% up front. if i cant pay it that way i dont buy the player. in fairness tho i think like real life with LFC's squad it needs maybe 1 good summer to fix a couple of issues and then you dont need to do much after. (only think is IRL you ont get the same money for Origi, Taki and others as you do in game)

Of course, always pay all up front if you have the cash. Used the editor to add Diaz to the squad but besides that  i won't do any transfers. Just scouting some youngsters that  i could snap up in the January window.

so downloaded a DB update and i'm going to start a new save. i've done a brazil league start date of the 20th of Feb 2022 so the season is close to now. Liverpool are 4th in the table 13 points behind city, just lost the 1st leg of the CL knockouts 4-0 to bayern and lost 3-2 at home to Everton. i think thats  good time to take over

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/11/2021 at 19:37, guruhd said:

Re-started my game following the update, and won 1, drew 1 and lost 1 of my first 3 league games.  Loss was 2-0 to Man United.  Painful.

Might revert back to my previous game where I was walking it. :lol:

First season I won the league after a bit of a battle but was comfortable in the end. 

Second season I didn’t win anything. I don’t recall this ever happening to me in an FM game. Normally it’s always fairly straightforward winning the league. Most painful part was losing the CL final to Man United. 

Third season I have walked the league. Won it with four games to spare. Then came up against Man United in 3 consecutive games. Champions league semi finals and unbeaten league season on the line. Lost 4-0 3-0 and 2-0. 🤬

Tried all sorts but just seemed helpless. In some ways it’s pretty annoying that a team with Ole in charge whose stats show he is tactically terrible, can be so good. Wan Bissaka plays like prime Cafu with the crossing of Beckham.

I'm really not sure how I can beat them.

Three seasons in and no champions league.😩

On 19/02/2022 at 09:41, guruhd said:

First season I won the league after a bit of a battle but was comfortable in the end. 

Second season I didn’t win anything. I don’t recall this ever happening to me in an FM game. Normally it’s always fairly straightforward winning the league. Most painful part was losing the CL final to Man United. 

Third season I have walked the league. Won it with four games to spare. Then came up against Man United in 3 consecutive games. Champions league semi finals and unbeaten league season on the line. Lost 4-0 3-0 and 2-0. 🤬

Tried all sorts but just seemed helpless. In some ways it’s pretty annoying that a team with Ole in charge whose stats show he is tactically terrible, can be so good. Wan Bissaka plays like prime Cafu with the crossing of Beckham.

I'm really not sure how I can beat them.

Three seasons in and no champions league.😩

next time you play them save the game before the match and if you lose save after the loss under a new name. replay the game and try out different tweaks to your tactics to see what works. just so you can find out what will work a aginst them for future matches. 

obviously continue with the save after the loss